Anastasia Marion

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Regular
Sunday February 13 was a typical day... i was uncomfortable and at work. I work 10 hour days and they have just been getting longer and longer and longer. I suddenly had this craving for some good food... that I didn't have to cook. So i talked to my husband and we made plans to go to the Olive Garden for dinner. Normally after working ten hours, the thought of doing anything but sitting on the couch or going to bed exhausts me beyond belief.

Anyway, so I get home and we drive on over to the OG. It's the day before Valentine's day and the wait is about an hour. We eat, we go home, I watch some tv and then I go to bed because I have to be at work at 8 the next morning.

I woke up around 11 or so with a huge coughing fit and in the middle of that, my water just totally gushes out. It was like, Niagara Falls or something. My bed was soaked, my pants were soaked. I ran to the bathroom, tripping over my poor blind dog, just to make sure it wasn't something else. Then, I had no idea where my husband was. He was in bed and i had NO idea. I was almost in tears because i was sooooooo excited and terrified at the same time. I told him my water broke and he was up, dressed and had his coat on in 10 seconds. I still had stuff to pack, so I was doing that while he called the doctor. I was also still gushing water.

So we drive to the hospital and get admitted. The nurse on duty checked me and i was 1 cm dilated. woowoo!! That was about 11:45 or so. I was checked again at about 4:30 am by another nurse and was still 1 cm. So they started me on pitocin because I was not contracting. THEN came the annoying nurse from hell. She was ok except for when she checked my cervix and couldn't tell if the baby was head down or not and felt the need to jam what felt like her entire arm up my hoohah and grind her knuckles into my butt. That was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life to this day... it took all I had not to punch the crap out of her! Then they brought in the ultrasound machine to see... which would have been ideal to do in the first place. So Anna was, in fact, head down. Thankfully, there was another nurse who lost a patient because they were flown out to another hospital, so THAT nurse became my nurse.

After a while, the contractions kick in. They give me some pain meds that made me very happy and loopy. Those wore off after a couple hours. They gave me another dose that didn't work so then I decided to go ahead with the epidural. I had no idea how numb it made you! It was amazing. the ONLY part I hated was not being able to feel my legs. that got super annoying. I would say about 5 o'clock or so, they checked my cervix and i was dilated 10 and it was time to push!! One hour and 19 minutes later Anastasia came into the world. My husband let my mom cut the cord, which made her very happy. Anastasia weighed 6.8 lbs and measured 18.5 inches. She's the best Valentine I have ever received!!

I feel like I knew something was going to happen, which is why I wanted a good dinner!! I think every year on her birthday we should go to the Olive Garden and celebrate!

oh and i would love to submit pics... i have tons, but i don't know how to add them here.

let me just give you this link for now:

Welcome to Bella Baby! | Bella Baby
click on view photos and the password is: 0214anastasiamarion

February 19th, 2011, 06:39 AM
douglas678's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is adorable. Congrats on the Valentine gift you got. I think it would be special to go to Olive Garden every year on her birthday. That just makes it perfect I think.

Thank you so much Badydoll213. It's beautiful!

February 19th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Popping in from the April DD club, I am actually due March 31st but never changed DD clubs. Your new addition is adorable and so sweet in her pictures. Thanks so much for sharing.

February 19th, 2011, 10:09 AM
adamsgirl
Congrats! She is so cute, you have some great pictures!!
February 19th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Veteran
She is so adorable, congrats
February 20th, 2011, 02:31 AM
CountryGirl1982's Avatar Loving my son!
Lurking from the Feb DDC... I'm 'over due' and just love reading birth storys right now. I agree a yearly family tradition at the OG would be a great gift Congrats on your baby she is beautiful.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy

February 20th, 2011, 04:01 AM
mmten7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the Olive Garden every year for her birthday is a great tradition to start! She's adorable...congratulations!

Thank you so much mylene169 for my awesome siggy!

February 20th, 2011, 04:06 AM
Mommy3tx
Omg. She's so cute. Her hands and feet are so wrinkled. Too cute.
February 22nd, 2011, 12:44 PM
SuperMom to the 10thpower
Such a nice story! And an even better Valentine's gift!

She's gorgeous!!!

Visit my Tupperware site!http://my2.tupperware.com/tup-html/C...s-welcome.html
February 23rd, 2011, 09:27 AM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
AAAwwee she is precious and I got a kick out of the one where shes stinking out her tongue, too cute. Congrats again and welcome to this crazy world Anastasia

February 28th, 2011, 10:49 AM
GinaS.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is adorable!! Congrats!!

Tags
birth story , march11 birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search