MXbaby Update

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2011, 09:02 AM
MXmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Birth Story (long)

Water Broke at 11 am on the 17th. Planned to stay home until labor was progressing well. An hour later passed blood clot and started to bleed some red. Called midwife, was told to go to Labor and Delivery, it wasn't normal. Got to labor and delivery at 2 p.m. Tried all sorts of natural methods to increase labor intensity, practiced my hypnobirthing, no progress, still 1 1/2 cm, baby looks great. Midwife became irritable with me and insisted I start Pitocin. I told her I wanted to take a nap, try walking some more and then I would start Pitocin. Midwife went to take a nap.

Started Pit at 4:30-5 am on the 18th. Was told my bleeding was normal by the staff and began to wish I hadn't come in. Pit increased from 1 to 24 units over the course of 11 hours. Tolerated pain well through 17, at 24 pain became unbearable and hypnobirthing was no longer working for me. Asked to back the Pit down and they put it back to 20. Pain was still incredibly intense and new nurse checked me. I was still the same but now she was saying that she wasn't sure my water had broken, there was a forebag. At this point I'm still being told blood is normal.

Different midwife came thank goodness (who I like a lot more) and ruptured that water, blood gushed. It was confirmed my water had broken and this was just new buildup from baby's head blocking. Pain level was unbelievable, began to shake, decided to take the epi after realizing there was no way I could continue that way. Anesthesiologist amazingly came right in, gave the epi, and I had relief. My entire body was numb completely numb, couldn't move my legs, but it wore off over the next hours to a better level. Progressed about 2 cm an hour and was ready to push at 8:30 p.m. Midwife tried to massage him out, but ended up clipping me a little. I pushed him out in 40-45 minutes through the use of visualization, he came out quickly.

At 9:17 p.m. he came out and they placed him directly on my chest. Midwife literally ran out of the room to deliver the baby next door. Rubbed him and looked at his foreign little face, while he wailed. Started to cry from happiness, had been holding him for 4 min w/him still attached via undelivered placenta. At this point began to feel very strange, told nurse to take baby I was going to puke on him. I began to fade out and could barely hear or see anything. I turned to my nurse and whispered that I didn't feel like I was there. I was leaving my body, please help me. I began to feel like I could almost see my dead relatives in the room with me. The rest I don't remember too well, but my nurse friend who attended the birth filled me in.

Baby boy was pronounced 10 lbs. 0 oz. 20 inches long. Received an 8 and a 9 on the Apgar. My BP was 68/40 and falling fast. I was bleeding like crazy. My placenta had detached early and the bleeding was not normal. Midwife was rushed back in and she called in a surgeon to do the repair. He talked to me about doing a blood transfusion. I told him only if it was completely necessary. My levels dropped to .8 units above what they required a transfusion at. Excellent surgeon worked on me for a good hour. Midwife said it was one of the 3 worst tears she had ever seen in her 20+ years. 4th degree tears into rectum, vagina, and urethra. Was finally transferred to Mom and baby unit at 4 a.m.

Surgeon came in next morning, asked if I wanted transfusion again, my levels were still really low and continuing to fall. Told him again that I would prefer to avoid if possible. He said if it dropped anymore I had no choice. Told me all future babies should be by c-section. He didn't know how well I would heal and if I did I should never risk tearing it again. He told my midwife I had pushed a 10 lb. baby out of a 7 lb. passageway. My levels never rose, but they finally stabilized. Baby boy is incredibly healthy. Nursing is slow because it may be awhile for my milk to come in. Was discharged with a catheter. We finally settled on a name about 30 minutes before we left the hospital on the 20th. To find out name, check in Den.
February 21st, 2011, 09:13 AM
ambielove's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG.. how scary!! Im so glad your ok... I know all about tearing, although mine was a 3 it was very painful. I can't even imagian a 4! Hope your recorvery goes well. Congrats on baby boy.. that's a big healthy boy

Thankyou Caitlin for my beautiful siggy
February 21st, 2011, 09:14 AM
KoriNoel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that is quite the birth story. I'm sorry that you tore so badly and had some complications. That had to have been scary And your little boy isn't quite so little!!! It sounds like you handled everything really well though. Congrats on your healthy little one and I hope that your healing goes smoothly

February 21st, 2011, 09:17 AM
Rabbit8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG what a story!! How are you feeling now? How did your DH handle all of this? He must have been freaking right out.

Congratulations on your new little bundle.
February 21st, 2011, 09:19 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! You are a brave mommy!!!! Congrats for making it through with a 10 lb baby like that!!!! I'm sorry you had to go through all that but think of it as a battle scar.
Off to check the name in the Den.
February 21st, 2011, 09:21 AM
DramaFreeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, your story was intense. Sorry that you had to go through the pain and complications like that but i am glad baby boy is healthy and you are doing well. I hope you have a smooth recovery at home and can enjoy your little one now.

Cece

Thank You Sharon for my beautiful siggy!

February 21st, 2011, 09:21 AM
Mommy2PrestonandGavin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG you poor thing I'm glad to hear baby boy is doing so well! I second the congratulations for birthing a 10 pound baby!

Thanks Katidid622 for my adorable siggy!

February 21st, 2011, 09:25 AM
Mommy3tx
Wow! That's a scary story. I'm glad LO is doing well.
February 21st, 2011, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow...what a story and what a journey!!! I am so proud of you and your 10 pounder!!!! *HUGS* I'm also very thankful that everything is ok. If it gives you any comfort about the tearing...a friend of mine had incredible 4th degree tears and ended up with over 60 internal stitches and many other external stitches with her first baby....she's gone on to have 2 more babies vaginally with minimal, if any tearing.
I hope your recovery is comfortable and quick!! CONGRATULATIONS!

February 21st, 2011, 09:31 AM
Wow! Hope your recovery goes as well as it can.
February 21st, 2011, 09:33 AM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
Oh my, what a scary birth story and what a big baby boy! Im so glad that your ok and that baby is doing well. So sorry you had to experience such a scary delivery for your first pregnancy.

February 21st, 2011, 09:54 AM
Super Mommy
Wow... I am speechless. First off, congrats on your BIG healthy baby boy!! I am so sorry you went through all of that.

So the bleeding in the beginning that they told you was NORMAL... was from your placenta separating early?? How could they say blood when they broke your water was normal? That scares me...

I do hope you recover well. 4th degree tears can't be easy. I had 2nd degree & it was agonizing. Take it easy hun & again, congrats!!
February 21st, 2011, 09:59 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whoa! That is scary!!! I had some similar issues with my first (Belle). I had multiple 4th degree tears and bleed so much I was only 1 point from needing a blood transfusion. But I never felt as out of it as you did thankfully. I couldn't really walk without nearly fainting for quite a while though. But I have delivered all of my children vaginally. But my first was my biggest...though she wasn't that big....she can out with her head in an acynclitic presentation and her head was in the 90%. My midwife said it was like delivering a 12-13lbs baby. The doc I have been seeing until recently wanted to make sure this baby didn't get bigger than Belle for fear that my tears would split. But now I am seeing midwives and she thinks the baby is on the small side.

I can really relate to parts of your delivery though....and my recovery was rough I have to say. I hope yours will be much better!!!!

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

February 21st, 2011, 10:16 AM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry things were so scary, but congratulations to you for that healthy baby boy! Glad you're doing better and that its sounding like you won't need the transfusion.

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
February 21st, 2011, 10:20 AM
Super Mommy
Oh my, I'm sorry delivery was so scary, but glad that you and baby are okay now. Enjoy your precious baby boy!

blessed to share my life with

Brian - greatest husband ever
Kailee - 8
Gracie - 4
Kaden - 3
& our new baby:
Mollie Faith - 3/7/11

our angels born sleeping, always missed & loved:
Emilee -18 weeks, 11/2004
Samuel - 17 weeks, 12/2009

February 21st, 2011, 10:38 AM
mrs2851's Avatar Veteran
How scary! Glad you and baby are doing ok!!

February 21st, 2011, 10:47 AM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yowsa!!! I felt some pain just from reading. I hope they gave you some good post-delivery meds. I can see where the surgeon would recommend a c section for baby number 2. I couldn't imagine going through that twice. I'm glad your son is doing well, and I hope you heal up fast with the least amount of pain possible. I can't wait to see pics of your baby.
February 21st, 2011, 10:57 AM
AnnaGr8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh goodness what a scary birth. I am so glad you and your little man are safe and healthy *hugs*
February 21st, 2011, 11:34 AM
mmten7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow...I can't believe you had such a scary experience for your first birth. I can't imagine! I'm glad you and the baby are doing well. A 10 pounder...wowser! Congratulations!

Thank you so much mylene169 for my awesome siggy!

February 21st, 2011, 11:53 AM
pinkalicious75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow! An amazing story. Congrats on your new bundle and hopefully your recovery will be quick

Tags
birth story , march 11 birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search