Alyssa Marie's Birth Story 2nd Vbac

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2011, 10:03 AM
Baby 3.0's Avatar Surprised by #3!!
Having Pre term labor problems for weeks. Contractions, menstrual cramps, nausea on/off and back aches. sometimes contractions less than 5 min. Usually 10 min. apart for hrs some strong, some stong & painful. 2 1/2cm

2/4/2011 A good 3cm and OB decided to Strip my Membranes. Failed NST for the 3rd time, went to L&D. contractions 5 min. apart but not strong enough to change anything after hrs go home again. OB & Midwife said go DTD.
2/5/2011 About 11pm lost entire mucas plug! Woohoo! Got excited!
2/6-10/2011 Tried to not think about "when" and get little things done. DH busy at work so we decided not to DTD. Plus I told him she touched her head
2/7/2011 OB appt. 3 1/2cm pushing 4. ate chocolate so she wouldnt fail her NST again. They say anytime!
2/9/2011 spent the day in ER with DH. passed out & had seizure like symptoms. Everything was fine.
2/10/2011 Cleaned 2 rooms Didnt feel her much. DH finally decided to DTD. TMI Finished about 3:00pm and not kidding by 3:15 started having major contractions.
3:45pm decide to start writing them down. called my Mom & told her these are pretty strong.
4:15pm start telling DH & the kids It maybe time and decide to go take a shower.
4:30pm ish get out and tell DH they are not letting up.
4:45pm While washing my face, brushing my teeth, blowdrying my hair they were 7 min apart and very strong. I turn off the blowdryer and tell the kids to get there stuff ready Mommy thinks its time. decided to call my Mom again and told her they arent letting up and all are strong. She was on high alert.
Everyone got the house ready. Pack last minute items, Feed animals ect...
5:45pm 6min. apart and decided this is real for sure and called the OB/Midwifes.
7:00pm 5 min apart no call back and said we better go.
Got to the hospital and was put in a super huge nice room Hooked up to all the fun monitors, got checked 4 1/2 cm, told I was staying , IV and had the shakes with contractions. An hr later they broke my water, wow what a flood that was! (I had a large amount of fluid) Already 5cm.
Stayed on FB and JM through contractions. I only dialated to 5 1/2cm the next 2 hrs so they gave me a pinch of pitocin. Got the contractions pumping harder and decided its time to get an epidural. Didnt really need it at that time, but didnt want to miss my window. Didnt hurt. Actually hated the numb feeling, it was more like my everything was asleep. Not like my other 2 epidurals where I felt nothing. Still felt contractions, just not as bad. Relaxed, DH and DD took a nap. I finally fell asleep for 15 min. and woke up around 5am. Within a couple min. I said something isnt right...
I felt tons of pressure. She checked and I was at 10cm I still had the shakes through all of my contractions. Pushed for over an hr, made the OB laugh too. She said push like your having a bowel movement. I told her I never have to push! LOL! She was cracking up. DD wanted to watch the birth, she was not sopposed to but my Mom made the decision to let her. I felt a ton. My epidural wore off, I was telling DH why didnt I get a c section, I'm never doing this again, help me...I kept going on and on. Esp. about the C section thing. Everything was ok till the last couple min. when her heart rate dropped to 60 before I knew it they had oxygen on my face, they called for backup and she told me to "PUSH! PUSH! YOU NEED TO GET HER OUT NOW!!" I knew what that meant. Either forceps, suction or something could happen to my baby. I pushed non stop for the next 3 or so minutes. I do remember screaming too! She had to cut me pretty good but that was ok. OB cut the cord and the wisked my baby away It took almost a min. till she screamed. What a wonderful sound! They had to put the long tube down to suction more. My Daughter, husband and Mother took tons of pictures and video for me. About 30 min. later (felt like an hr) I finally got to hold my princess Then they wanted her again and made me wait...It was 2 hrs after she was born I was able to nurse her. All in all I did get the Vbac I wanted, 13hrs of labor with 1 1/2hrs of pushing and my princess is perfect. All the pain is worth it.
Alyssa Marie was born on 2-11-11 at 6:36a.m.
7lbs 7oz 19 1/2" blonde hair blue eyes looks like my daughter
The dream I had told me her bday would be 2-12 and 7lbs 6oz. brown hair brown eyes....

I waited to put this on till I healed a little. For the 1st couple days I was not in a good place to talk about the end. Besides hurting like heck, and the panic in the room...Its only day 11 and I would do it all over again. I already forgot how much it hurt.

Alyssa 1 week old
February 22nd, 2011, 12:24 PM
Glad everything turned out well! She is beautiful!
February 23rd, 2011, 09:35 PM
Mazzie's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats on another VBAC!!! She is a doll!

Oh and she was born on my bday

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search