Julianna May's birth story!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2011, 04:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Here's the whole story...finally!

On Feb 2nd I woke up with bloody show. No contractions or anything, just the bloody show and some low back ache. Around 9am I called the midwives to let them know. They decided to come out and hang out here for a while since by the time I called I'd started having some cramping, though still no contractions. The midwives got here around 11. We sat around, I was having sporadic contractions every 20 min - 30 min, but really only when I moved around. If I sat still, they'd stop. The midwives stayed until 1pm. One of them thought I was definitely going into labour, the other wasn't sure, and I didn't think I was either. As they were leaving, I got hit with a seriously bad contraction. After they left, I went downstairs and leaned over my ball and started having good contractions every 10 min, then every 5. We called the midwives back one hour after they had left, and they came back over. They got here around 5:30pm, right about when my parents arrived to take Lexy for the night. My contractions continued to get more intense, and I asked to be checked and to get into the tub around 7pm. When I was checked at 7, I was 4-5cm and 100% effaced. I got into the tub and from there, things literally FLEW by. Contractions just picked up so quickly, and by 9pm I was feeling nauseous and asked to be checked. I was 8cm. By 9:45pm I was completely dilated and ready to push. My contractions were one on top of another - more like one long, continuous contraction that didn't end until she was born. IT. WAS. HELLLLL! Julianna was born at 10:16pm - so just over 30 min of pushing. I didn't tear at all which was nice. My bag of water didn't break either, same as with Lexy. The bag of water was actually coming out right before Juliannas head and only burst as her head was crowning - the exact same thing happened with Lexy.

Though this birth was super fast, it was extremely ridiculously painful. Lexy's labour from start to finish was 18 hrs, and it was WAY more manageable. By the time I was in transition with Julianna I was fighting to keep control of myself. While I was pushing her out I was yelling so loud that my throat hurt later on. Marty said I sounded like the exorcist.

So that's it! Fast and furious!

Julianna May
8lbs 2oz, 22 in long
Born at home, in the water.

Just born:

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
February 24th, 2011, 07:15 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's adorable! Congrats on your home birth!

February 25th, 2011, 08:17 AM
CalSara1980's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! She's beautiful, & I'm happy you got your homebirth.

My throat hurt for 2 days after delivery because of all the screaming & mouth-breathing. I think it hurts less if you vocalize!

[

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search