Aidan Tae's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Mama to Aidan & Caleb
I woke up at 2am on Saturday February 19 2011 feeling very crampy, thought nothing of it and tried to lay back down. Around 3am the cramps became contractions so I started timing them, they were about 6 or so minutes apart and getting stronger. I walked around the house, drank some juice and sat on the couch for a while. Around 4am i started noticing pink streaked mucus and lots of it along with stronger more frequent contractions now about 5am minutes apart and mostly in my back. I decided to jump in the shower and try and relax some since I knew that baby was defiantly coming today. At about 6am I couldn't stand the pain anymore, they were really intense and I decided it was time to head to the hospital. We arrived at the hospital about 6:30am and were sent to triage, a bunch of nurses came and started hooking up the monitors and asking all kinds of questions. My water broke on its own at 7am and I was already 6 almost 7cm dilated at that point. I was transferred to a delivery room and asked for the epidural. At about 8am while still waiting for the pain medicine I got a huge contraction and felt the urge to push, DF went and found the OB and they checked me and said I was complete and could start pushing if I wanted too but there was NO time for any type of pain relief my son was ready to be born! I started pushing a little after 8am with every contraction and was making good progress moving the baby down. DF and the OB were actually arguing over whether or not the baby had blonde or brown hair At about 9:50am the OB said with the next contraction we'll have a baby, and with 3 big pushes and few smaller ones Aidan Tae was born at 10:01am weighing a healthy 7lbs 7oz and was 20.5 inches long He was perfect I even forgot about the pain once he was placed on my chest. I had a few really small internal tears but nothing extern and nothing serious. Some how I managed his whole birth without so much as one scream just a few ouch this hurts at the end for his head. We stayed in the hospital till Monday afternoon 2/21/11 when we were released but Aidan developed jaundice so we were set up at home with a billy blanket on Monday afternoon. Tuesday morning (2/22/11) a home care nurse came and drew his level and said the doctor would be in touch that day. Tuesday night we got the call we were dreading, Aidan's jaundice level was dangerously high and he needed to be taken to the emergency room right away! He was placed under the strongest billy lights for all of Tuesday night and his level was rechecked Wednesday morning (2/23/11), he was back in the safe zone and was able to be released! We were so happy! He's now home safe and sound and he's a very good baby. He wakes every 3 to 3.5 hours to be fed and usually goes back to sleep within an hour of his feeding. He's such a joy!

On that note its feeding time and hes crying so for pictures add me as a friend on Facebook you can search me by email (laurierockz@yahoo.com) or name (Lauren Angell)

((Thank you so much Bokkechick for my beautiful signature photo))
February 24th, 2011, 06:55 PM
CalSara1980's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow - what a great story! I didn't get pain medicine either, but I definitely made quite a ruckus...more than an "ouch" here and there, LOL! Glad your little guy is healthy now.

[

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search