Madeleine's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2011, 05:48 AM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were a week overdue and scheduled for an induction on 2/17. I was very nervous and had heard terrible things, but there was no turning back. We arrived at the hospital at 6:00am that day, but our doctor was fashionably late so we sat hooked up with IV fluids and monitors until 10:45am. Throughout that time I was having contractions on my own every 5 minutes then every 20 minutes and back again. I was dilated to a 2 and effaced at 90% when we arrived that morning. At 10:10am they started a slow Pitocin drip and the contractions began to regulate. We chose to do it without any pain medication until I absolutely needed it because I had heard it can slow labor and they had already told us it would probably take about 12 hours anyways. At 10:45am the doctor finally came in and checked me and broke my water. I could still feel Maddie moving and kicking even without the water and it didn't feel too much different. The contractions began to intensify, but I stood my ground on no pain meds yet. By 2:30 they were so bad and so close together that I opted for Nubain over an epidural. At the time the Nubain was given I was at 5cm and 100% effaced. The Nubain helped me relax more between contractions that were 2 1/2 minutes apart. By 2:45pm it was unbearable and I was still only 6 cm dilated so I took the eideral because the nurse said I probably still had another 4 hours of labor remaining. After the epideral was administered my doctor made her 2nd appearance to check me one more time before she had a scheduled C-Section and to her surprise I was at 10cm dilated and ready to push!! No one expected this!! A first time mom being induced and only in labor for 5 hours. At 3:46pm, after pushing through 3 contractions, Madeleine Grace Moulton entered the world. They did not allow my husband to cut the cord because she was not breathing and they had to take her away immidiately. They finally got her stabalized and she weighed 7lb 4oz and was 20in long. They kept her for observation in nursery for the first 4 hours of her life, but they did let me see her for a second before they took her. She is so beautiful to us and we love her to pieces already!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

February 28th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Mrs.Ajalele's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mrs.Ajalele
Aww what a precious birth story. Congratulations!

*Always loving and missing my best friend the mother of my beautiful Goddaughter **Marissa Sue** you are always in my heart Mar Mar!* Left this earth to go to Heaven June 22nd 2008*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search