Alexander Yahshua our New Years baby

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2011, 03:55 PM
Solstice76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gosh where do I begin... this pregnancy was rough, it was high risk and just not fun at all. It actually seems like there is no end to it I know things will settle down eventually but right now it just seems so far.

I began with contractions at around midnight 12/31/10 I continued every 3-4 minutes and finally headed to the hospital at 8am. I was kept in triage from 9am until 10:00pm as they where trying to stop contractions and allow Xander to bake a little longer but nothing they did really helped so at 10:00pm I was admitted and the preparation began for an emergency c-section. I was in the OR by 11pm with 3 different doctors (what a new years eve huh? lol) I was draped and given the spinal however the anesthesia was not working. It numbed my butt and legs from the knee down but not my abdomen we waited and at 11:45pm had an epidural put in. Finally a little after midnight that worked and the c-section began. I can't remember much as I was puking through the whole thing (a first for me). I had a great nurse who stood by my side through the whole thing on 1/1/11 1am Xander was born at 35 weeks and 6 days weighing 6lbs 10oz and measuring 18 1/2 inches. He was taken to the NICU for evaluation while they kept working on me. I had my tubes tied and they fixed my old incisional hernia enough so they could close me up.

Xander looks a lot like my older son and is just as sweet as can be. He hardly cries and sleeps most of the time. I was told to treat him as a preemie for a while and I am not used to sleeping newborns so every little thing scares me. Despite his early birth he has been my easiest nurser! He is great although the way he eats is weird, he eats like 5 minutes at a time...

Recovery seemed okay and pretty easy we where released 1/4 in the evening and went back 1/8 for stitches removal. They assessed my incision and said I had an infection plus so much scaring that the would was not healing so I was admitted and went back in surgery (c-section revision) 1/9 it was a nightmare. I was released 1/11 with an open wound and a Wound-Vac on it 24/7. The thing was to help heal me sooner but it hurt like heck and I couldn't do anything without it I had to fight depression and had not been on my laptop since Thanksgiving. Thankfully I was able to stay connected to the world through facebook and my phone. My machine was removed 3 weeks ago and a nurse was coming to my home daily to change my dressing, I was released from her care about a week ago. All through that we went through a viral bronchitis hitting all kids including little Alex then a stomach virus and last but not least I ended up with a BAD urinary infection however we are all well now and I am sooo thankful to God. I am able to enjoy all 5 of my kiddos

As for my hernia repair I am waiting for next year I have seen enough of hospitals for the year lol! Thanks for reading

As for my

Vlad 15y/o~Azzy 9 y/o~Nick 5y/o~Iza 2009
Alexander Yahshua 1/1/11

March 4th, 2011, 07:34 AM
sblades19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Geez! You poor thing! Glad everyone is doing better! ((HUGS))

He is a cutie! All that hair!

Special thank you to Graysmama for my awesome siggy!

March 20th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Super Mommy
He is so cute he looks like a little man

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search