Cooper Raley's Birthday :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2011, 11:43 AM
daisyjay2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, so I'm going to try and get this down before he wakes up I had an appointment Feb 23rd. Not much change from the week before. I was dilated to a little more than 2 1/2 and 60% effaced with a good bit of hard cervix left. We decided not to strip my membranes because my Dr. was not going to be in the next day and my DH's boss was in town and they had some pretty important meetings. Dr. said he was pretty confident I'd make it to my induction that Saturday which was fine with me. I purposefully did not do the treadmill Wednesday or dtd because we didn't want to do anything to move things along. DH and I watched Survivor and American Idol and I headed to bed around 12:30. Nothing more than the annoying BH contractions I'd been having for weeks... DH came to bed at 1:30 after getting some work done and I got up to pee. After I was done I stood up and knew I'd either wet myself OR my water had broken. Still unsure of which, I laid down for a half hour and stood up and knew instantly it was my water Went to the bathroom again and had lost my mucus plug too. Still not having painful contractions so I showered and packed our bags. My parents got to our house about 2:30 to stay with DD and we finally got to the hospital about 3:45am. They checked me and I was dilated to a 3 at about 4am. Hooked me up to IV and about 5am they let me get up and walk. WHOA!!! That did it for me. I walked for an hour and the contractions went from no pain to like an 8 or 9. Asked for my epidural about 6:45 and it was in and set my 7:30 or so. By 8:45 I had to pee and asked for my catheter. My nurse went to put it in and said, "Um...., how are you feeling?? Do you feel any pressure?" Baby's head was right there and I was fully dilated and effaced. We did one "practice push" and she yelled for me to stop because baby was coming out. Dr. rushed in, got set up and one push later my beautiful baby BOY was born!! At 9:13am, 7lb 9oz and 19.25in long, 5 days before his due date It was amazing. My whole family missed it because he came out so fast. DH was in the room and my sister in law (who I LOVE) because she happened to be bringing DH breakfast. He scored 9's on his apgars and we were SHOCKED he was a he. We couldn't have been more happy or had a more special moment. It was also my husband's birthday <3 I tore pretty badly and am still sore. Second degree tears from "hole to hole" is how he put it... Fun. But I'm healing well now. I'll post pics soon. Photobucket seems to hate me So that is Cooper's birth story. I couldn't have dreamed a more perfect experience!
March 7th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Rabbit8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow he practically flew out of you, didn't he??? Sorry you tore so bad, my mom tore like that with my oldest brother and she said it was pretty painful.

Can't wait to see pictures! And I don't remember, was he supposed to be a she? I can't recall if you were on Team Yellow or not.
March 7th, 2011, 01:45 PM
daisyjay2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yep, we were team yellow. we were convinced he was a she though
March 7th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww!! What a great story. He was in a hurry to get out!! I hope you heal comfortably!! What a wonderful surprise! =)

March 7th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Becky82's Avatar Super Mommy
that is awesome Jayme! What a great birth story!

Married to Steven since April 7, 2007

Our first miracle, Mariah Jade, was born March 21, 2011. She weighed 7 pounds 9 ounces!
March 7th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's really amazing! Congrats on a healthy little boy
March 8th, 2011, 10:29 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! You were on Team Yellow, weren't you? What a phenomenal birthday present for hubby! Cooper was ready to come be Daddy's birthday present.

Tags
birth story , march 11 birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search