Maximilian James

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2011, 10:52 AM
pinkalicious75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*thanks Steph for updating *

here's the story of bam you are in labor!

07-03-2011 12:30 am I wake up to a gush that filled a dayliner. Went to the bathroom and let out a lot of fluid but I wasn't sure if this was my water breaking so I went back to bed with a heavy duty pad just in case. I wait 30 minutes get up and nothing but still go to the bathroom and I had a bit of pink cm...no biggy.

1:30am get up again and more trickles and pink cm and now I was contracting (lower vaginal pain that built in intensity...they were coming on every ten minutes

2:00 a bigger gush...this time with my plug (blood streaked) and ctx's are more intense but bearable

2:30 get hubby and dd up and call the necessary people

3:45 get to the hossy, they check me and i was 5cm dilated..90% effaced...admitted and get into the birthing room...it was quite the city was in the middle of a blizzard.

4:45 I get the epi, which took 45 minutes to put in...normally it takes 15 min but I got a resident thank god he had the good sense to call his supervisor for coaching instead of sticking me the wrong way. The epi hurt going in and I cried ....ctx became far less intense however this epi didn't work 100% because I felt every ctx they were just slightly painful.

7am: fully dilated and effaced but the bugger was still too high so we waited and i visualized him coming down and at 8:30 he was ready to go. Btw, I was also told that i could push gently with each ctx to help bring down...different protocol than with DD and it worked!

8:30 I'm checked and the head was in place ready to go...just needed to wait for the doctor, Now this is when I was cursing the anesthesiologist because I felt it all...ring of fire...everything! I needed oxygen because Max's heart was decelerating and so was mine...oxygen worked great. I started to push at 9am and about 4 pushes in I was like...nope I can't do it...then the nurse looked at me and said....no choice you have to, then I pushed and it killed...the doc was saying that my previous episiomotmy was not tearing but he could help me along by reopening part of it and I yelled DO IT! I pushed, his head was out, and his body just slid out after on the next ctx. 9:15AM

So, overall not a bad labor given that it was fast, half the time of DD but sucky that I felt a lot of it.

Recovery has been good, I got all the catheters and iv's out just shortly after birth, which made a huge diff from with DD. Max had no complications scored 9 on both apgars. He weighed 8 lbs 7 oz at birth and 7 lbs 15 oz at discharge so he lost 5% of birth weight. I got to hold him right away and I cannot stress how important this is ladies seeing that I didn't have the same experience with DD. He latched on right away and nursed for 20 minutes and had a BM just shortly after nursing.

The nurses confirmed that he has a good latch and he has had several bm's since then but not too many pee diapers and tbh I am really bad at keeping track of how many times he nurses, and for how long. His time in the hospital was a sleepy time and I tried to keep up with the trying to get him to feed every 2 hours but really, I was so tired that I just slept.

Night #1 in the hossy was good he slept in 4 hour stretches. I was discharged yesterday at noon and night #2 was hectic, it felt like he wanted to nurse all the time and my nipples are so sore, not cracked or bleeding but burning sore...so finally I just put him in bed next to me and we both got some sleep.

Today has been a little worrisome for me. He is nursing regularly but I have yet to see a BM, my milk is not in yet, so that might have something to do with it. He has only had 1 pee diaper and he is a little on the sleepy side...nurses for about 10 minutes then nods off.

I am just plugging through...trying to keep going. I just am anxious for my milk to come in to see some more bowel movements and pee.

DD is having some difficulty with his arrival. She mentioned that she is sad about him getting all the attention. I am really making a huge effort to include her in all aspects but she just reacts poorly to his crying. She does have moments of just pure joy when interacting with him, which is so nice to see.

We love him to pieces...dh has really surprised me. he was so nervous with dd birth and he is quit calm and was in the delivery room with me till i pushed...he left and then came back. He held Max for a longtime after birth too which was so nice to see.

I'll update with pics or add me as a friend on FB for pics
March 9th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Rabbit8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great birth story Christine!! Did you have any indication that labor was going to start before your water broke? Like cramping or anything like that?

Also, this only confirms to me that I need to write a birth plan that will basically say: NO STUDENTS. Residents are okay but it that's utterly ridiculous for an epi to take that long to go in, I would have told them to stop and have the doctor do it. I'm actually surprised that the doctor let them continue on for so long. Your back must be sore and bruised from that. So yeah, going to be very clear that I want no students whatsoever, usually I'm okay with that but not after my last experience.

I'm sure Maddie will adjust soon, it sounds like she's really thrilled with having a baby brother but just not used to having to share since she's been an only child for so long. I'm worried that Ayla will have some adjusting to do too, even though she's been very excited about the baby.
March 9th, 2011, 01:39 PM
pinkalicious75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally forgot to mention that Saturday evening, we went out for Italian food and I had eggplant stuffed ravioli with grilled eggplant on top??? Coincidence? Hmmm and I had the leftovers Sunday night...hmmmm

Steph, I had no real signs besides the stuff I had been posting like, menustral type cramps weeks prior. Saturday, he was dead quiet, I was worried but then Sunday he was SUPER active all day long and I had a discussion with him that tonight would be a good night to come because it was going to be stormy on monday. Other than that nothing.
March 9th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm...maybe I'll try eggplant!! Great birth story Christine!! I'm sorry you had to feel more than you wanted to...at least it was a shorter labour!

I'm sure Maddie will adjust soon. I'm thinking that Layla is going to feel a bit the same way. Landon was so young still when she was born that he didn't even really notice, but when they can express what they're feeling, I'm sure they do! I'm sure that once Max starts smiling and interacting more, she'll LOVE it!

Tags
birth story , march 11 birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search