Katie Emilys Birth Story ♥♥ March 4, 2011

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
My Birth Story
(MED FREE AND PITOCIN FREE...WHOOT WHOOT )

Katie Emily
March 4
4, 2011
7 lbs 10 oz
21 Inches
3:59 PM

March 3 ~ Had a very long day which involved a sonogram appointment which showed baby weighing in at 7 lbs 9 oz, a doctors appointment with a doctor talking about an induction date on March 15 and me fighting to not be induced, Prestons doctors appointment and then a trip to my sisters where I had to wait for Raymond to get off from work. Didnít get home until close to midnightÖ..

As soon as we got home, I headed to bed and Raymond headed to Potsdam to pick up Alex from college (its 5.5 hours away) . Alex wasnít sure if he was going to leave as soon as Raymond got there or if he was going to leave after his last class which would have ended at 11 AM. If that was the case, Raymond would have stayed in the dorm until he was done with class and then they were both heading back home.

March 4 ~

Around 10:15 ish ~ I woke up and decided to eat a bit of breakfast even though I wasnít hungry (decided on some chocolate chip pancakes). Amber-Rae, Alyssa and Preston were still asleep so I headed onto the computer to update my message board (JM) about my doctors appointment the night before . I then went on FB to also update there.

10:45 ~ Was done updating and went to get off the computer. When I sat back, I felt a small gush. I thought it was just discharge but then when I went to get up, it happened again but this time it started to leak down my legs. YIKES~ I knew right then and there that my water had broke.

PANIC MODE ~ At this point I am completely freaking out because Raymond isnít home and Im not sure how far he is from home. The kids are sleeping and I start to panic. I start talking to myself really loud that my water broke and Im pacing the house. Sitting down every now and then thinking this isnít really happening. Every time I sat or got up, I felt more water coming out. I then open the door to my bedroom where the kids are sleeping and say to Amber-Rae, my water broke, babys going to be here today. Alyssa wakes up and starts getting excited. Amber-Rae sees the fear in my face and in the tone of my voice and she starts to slowly walk into the kitchen and says *Its ok Mommy, we will just call 911* She was so cute and brave. Im still in panic mode and then I tell her no, its ok get me the phone and get the kids ready please. First person I call is Raymond to find out where the heck he is. He takes FOREVER to answer his phone but once he does the first thing out of my mouth is *MY WATER BROKE* I start crying on the phone and he tells me hes an hour away from home and to calm down. YEA, ok, easier said then done. (What I later found out is he lied to me, he was actually an hour and a half away) I didnít know this but he has Alex call some of his friends to see if someone can stay with me. He got in touch with 2 of his friends moms, and they were on their way. Thatís when I started calling anyone and everyone under the sun. I wanted to be taken down to my hospital which is an hour away from where I live but had no one close to me to take me. Everyone was far away. At this point, Amber-Rae had both kids ready with their jackets on, she was AWESOME

I also called my doctors office and explained to them about my water breaking and that Raymond was an hour away so what should I do. They talk to the doctor and because my labors are short, he told me he doesnít want me to chance giving birth on the way down and to head to the closest hospital by me. I cry on the phone and they feel bad for me. They know how much I wanted my doctor to deliver me but again, they worry I wont make it. So thatís exactly what I finally did after trying to procrastinate a little longer in hopes that Raymond would be home in time to take me.

Not sure who showed up first but Rebecca and her crazy mom does show up (Alexís friendís mom and Alexs friend) . What a nutball the mom was. She kept telling me to get in the car or she was going to call 911, I kept telling her I need to do this and do that. She knew I was trying to hold off but I wasnít having any contractions so I figured I was good. At one point I even told her I needed to put my lipstick on.
She just wanted to get me to the hospital ASAP and I just wanted my husband to walk through the door and take me to the hospital I was suppose to deliver at. See before my water broke, I had to poo but I didnít go, I was holding it in. When I was telling the other mother that, thatís when Rebeccas mom was freaking out on me about going to the hospital NOW!!

Ryans mom showed up as well (another one of Alexís friends moms) She was awesome and stayed with Amber-Rae.Alyssa and Preston as I finally let the other mom take me to the hospital. She too knew I didnít want to rush off to the hospital but Rebeccas mom was so persistent on me going.

Tinas sister also showed up (my SILís sister). She too wanted me to hurry up and hall my butt over to the hospital. She was on the phone with Raymond and she turns to me and says*your husband is crazy, he wants to take you to Lawrence Hospital* I looked at her and told her thatís what I wanted as well! She ended up taking Alyssa with her to her house.

Sandy also showed up. My friend and she stayed with Ryans mom at my house and helped take care of Amber-Rae and Preston. I knew Amber-Rae would feel more comfortable with her there.

As I was on the way out the door, Preston started cryingÖI felt so bad for him. I wanted to take him with me but I couldnít. I knew Alex was on his way and would stay with him when he dropped Raymond off a the hospital!

What I didnít know was that Raymond also called Justin so he had left work and was also on his way.

Dawn was also one of the people I called and she too was on her way but never made it to my house. I had left for the hospital so she met me there.

On the way to the hospital is when I got my first contraction but it wasnít bad at all! I of course had Rebeccas crazy mom driving the long route and hitting every single pothole that she could. When she asked if I knew why she was going this way, I told her yea to hit all the potholes. I said it jokingly but she was serious and said YEP, we need to get that baby out. Ö Like I said, shes a nut and if I was to do it all over again, I would have never of went with her and just waited at home until my contractions got worse since I would have been delivering at the hospital I didnít want to anyway. I would have then been able to wait for Raymond and I would have at least gotten my bags packed and would have been more focused with him around. I just felt so unsafe being alone!

11:30 ish ~ Is when I arrived at the hospital with my water still leaking. I had a washcloth in-between my legs but that didnít help much. I was brought into the ER at first to register in and then send to the L&D triage area. At this point, I only had 2 contractions since my water broke and they were not painful at all. Just the tightening of the tummy.

11:45 ish ~ I saw Raymond walk through the doors. I busted out into tears and he did as well. He knew I didnít want to deliver at a hospital I am not familiar with nor a doctor that I donít know. The nurse was still taking my info when he walked in and she then asked why I was crying. I explained that I wasnít supposed to be at this hospital and I donít have a doctor who is familiar with me to deliver me.
She told me that they would take EXTREMELY good care of me and insured me that the doctor was super nice. And I have to admit, she was right

12:15 ~ They get an iv in me for just liquids and Im checkedÖ.Im at 4 cm and +1 station. I explain to them all that I had to poop at home and that I know that Im going to poop. I apologize in advance and they tell me its ok. One nurse actually said she likes poop. We looked at her like she was insane and she explained poop means your pushing good.

At this point they finally put me in a labor and delivery room and my best friend finally shows up (another person I tried calling in hopes that she would be able to take me to my hospital)

1:26 ~ Doctor checks me again and Im 7 cm 0 effaced and still a +1 station. Funny thing is when she told me I was a 7, I grabbed my phone and updated my facebook so every one knew how close I was. She looked at me and said *are you facebooking* I said *yes* she started laughing and said *I was only kidding* I was keeping everyone on my facebook page up to date

1:58 ~ Another check and Im at 9 cm

Contractions were coming stronger but they really were manageable. I was still able to talk through them all and was actually joking around the entire time. No pain meds or PitocinÖWHOO HOOO

2:30 ~ Im at a 10 and they all come in and tell me its pushing timeÖ(at least thatís what we think) I explain that the day before the baby was in a posterior position and I was worried baby was still like that. She said she didnít think so. She told me to push when I got my next contraction. Contraction came and I pushed but to her surprise baby didnít move from the +1 station so she said we would wait a bit. She didnít want me to push for hours.

3:00 ~ She makes me push through another contraction to get baby down and no such luck so we wait a little more.

3:30 Ė 3:58 ~ once again, she wants me to push through a contraction to see if baby will move and again nothing. She then tells me that we may need to use some potocin because she doesnít think my contractions are strong enough. I tell her I really want to avoid any pit asI know that it will make things really intense. So we try and push one more time though yet another contraction and thatís when I start to pee. She tells me to stop pushing and said that maybe I had to much urine in me. She puts a catheter in and I fill this bottle with it. Thatís when I had my first urge to push. She takes the catheter out and BAM, I push and say NO PITOCIN COME ON BABY and baby starts coming right down. With one huge push I feel her coming out. This is when it hurts the most. Now I start screaming *GET IT OUT* and as Im screaming I look over at dh who is holding my legs up and hes gagging and telling the nurse that she needs to take over . It seems I was doing more then pushing the baby out and Raymond couldnít take the smell LOL .

I warned them ahead of time that I had to poo and that I knew I was going to poo while pushing and they kept telling me it was ok. I was mortified but I did warn them and they wouldnít let me go to the bathroom at all. At one point they thought I wasnít pushing right the other times because they said I was trying to hold back from going poo but it was the urine that was holding me back. I was pushing right!

So with only 2 pushes......baby comes into this world

3:59 ~ Katie Emily is born and they place her on my belly. They knew she was a surprise baby and they were all excited about that as well. They give me the honors of looking in-between her legs and letting everyone know what she was. I was so thrilled when I saw I had a little girl. Tears flooded my eyes as well as my husbands and my bf who was there the entire time.

The reason she wasnít coming down was not only because of my urine but she came into this world facing SIDEWAYS with one hand on her head. The doctor said she saw the head and then little fingers.

♥♥♥ FUN FACTS BETWEEN MY FIRST BORN (JUSTIN) AND KATIE ♥♥♥

Justin is a boy, Katie is a girl
Justin and Katie both started labor by my water breaking
Justin and Katie were both born at different hospitals
Justin and Katie were both delivered by on Ėcall doctors that were females
I pooed with both, Justin and Katie
In the alphabet you have J and then K

Im sure Im missing some of the odds and ends but I needed to make the story a bit short

And hers my Princess...

♥♥♥ KATIE EMILY ♥♥♥

Last edited by Stacey; March 30th, 2011 at 06:18 PM.
March 9th, 2011, 03:15 PM
ANGWife
You are so brave to have to use an unfamiliar doctor and hospital! So glad things progressed well and DH was there for you. Beautiful girl!
March 9th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Rabbit8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She is so adorable Stacey. Sounds like a whirlwind labor for sure! I'm glad it all worked out in the end though, even if it wasn't at the hospital you wanted to be at.
March 9th, 2011, 04:01 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Other than the logistics of what to do at the beginning it was a great labor! 2 pushes is awesome!

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

March 9th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
*Happy sigh* What an awesome birth story!!! You are SO brave and I'm proud of you for a no med and no pit birth!! woohoo is right!

March 10th, 2011, 07:44 AM
pinkalicious75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what a great read Stacey! Congrat on your cute bundle, she is adorable!
March 16th, 2011, 01:01 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow I'm so sorry you stressed out so bad, very understandable! I'm glad things ended up ok and I'm so happy about your little girl. I really thought you were carrying her like a boy!
March 16th, 2011, 07:38 PM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great birth story!!!!!!! She is so cute, and I'm so glad you got your med free birth

March 18th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Danijoy84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Danijoy84
You story is amazing! I found myself cracking up about the poo situation and my DH looked at me and goes "what's so funny"....I had to tell him and he dies laughing too. But then says "well if you poo on the bed I'm going to start laughing" gee thanks!
March 18th, 2011, 07:29 PM
brandimomof2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great birth story besides you not being able to go to the hospital you wanted. Sounds like it all worked out for the best though. Congrats!!!

I am worried about the poo thing as well. I didnt do any of this with dd 1 but dd 2 I couldnt help it. It was really embarrasing but you cant help it and they wont let you get up and go to the bathroom. I am hoping I can avoid that this time but if not Oh well.

March 18th, 2011, 07:35 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I never posted to your story earlier. I can't believe how similar our stories were. Crazy!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
March 30th, 2011, 05:20 PM
douglas678's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So precious!!!! That would have been such a stressful day. I was texting you, but boy you seemed somewhat calm. I'm glad you didn't have any meds. That's amazing!!!! She is beautiful!!!

Thank you so much Badydoll213. It's beautiful!

April 5th, 2011, 10:52 AM
mticknor's Avatar Veteran
She is beautiful Congrats on your natural birth! My son was due on March 4th but he came a bit early

Tags
birth story , march 11 birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search