Zane's fast, near toilet birth!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2011, 08:06 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Friday, March 11, 2011
Birth info: 7:01am, 7lbs 3.5oz, 19.5in long (though doc said 18.5...but a day later he was 19.5, so I think he was mismeasured)
5:25am – woke up to little leaking. Said to Noah “Either my water just broke or I peed the bed. And it will be very embarassing if it isn’t my water.” Noah joked with me and then another little gush, so I jumped out of bed. I didn’t want to get the bed wet. And then a big gush…my pants legs were wet right down to my feet. So I tell Noah it is definitely my water and I call my parents to have them come over to watch my kids.
5:26 to about 6 am – I get dressed, put on my make up, grab the kids clothes for the day, and get all the bags onto the table. Noah takes a super fast shower and then gets everything in the car. And I told Noah that I was worried that labor would be really painful, because my contractions are always much worse after my water breaks. He assures me I will do great.
Just before 6am - first contraction. Then no more for a bit.
About 6:10am to 6:15am - I had 2 contractions (3rd & 4th) only about a minute apart from when one ended and the other started. We decide we better head to the hospital.
6:20 – getting in the car. I call the hospital to let them know we are on the way. The man on the phone told me to come to the main entrance to be admitted. I mention that must be new, because with my others we always were told to go to the ER entrance for admission. NO contractions in the car. YAY!
6:27 – we walk in the main entrance only to find out that we were supposed to go to the ER entrance after all. Noah moves the car to that entrance and brings in the bags, while a receptionist walks with me to the ER. I had a contraction (4th) on the way.
6:30am – at the ER getting everything set for admission. Had a contraction while doing that (5th). Then we waited for a L&D nurse to come down to bring us up. Had a contraction while waiting (6th). The nurse came and we all chatted as we walked. Had another contraction (7th). All of the contractions were uncomfy, but I could walk and talk through them fine and no one knew I was contracting unless I said so.
6:40 to 6:50am – in the L&D room. Noah takes a pic of me before I get into the gorgeous hossy gown. Then I had a contraction (8th). A nurse comes in to get a contraction strip and baby’s heart monitor strip. I ask her to check me. I’m at a 7. YAY! Never did get a contraction strip, but I held the monitor for the baby’s heart for a minute while the nurse went to call the midwife to have her come right in. (She only lives 10 minutes away.)
6:50 to 7:00 – I get another contraction (9th). Then when that was done I felt pushy. So I thought I might be a 10. A different nurse, Bernice, comes in says she wants to get a hep lock in just in case I decided I wanted IV meds. I tell her that baby will be here very shortly, so I don’t want it. But ask her to check me. She agrees, but then I feel another contraction coming (1oth). I ask her to wait in my room and check me when the contraction is done. She does. The contraction was by far the worst. I grabbed Noah’s arm and started walked in circles around him. He was just spinning in place. At the time I remember thinking how silly I must look. I apologize to Noah. When the contraction ends he jokes with me about being dizzy. We all laugh.
7:01- I felt like I needed to go to the bathroom and I didn’t want to go potty while pushing, so I thought I would go the bathroom before she checked me. I was quite sure I was at a 10. I go in the bathroom and close the door. As I was bending to sit I could feel the baby’s head crowning. I remember thinking I didn’t want the baby to be born in the toilet as I shouted, “It’s the baby!” Noah and the nurse shout anxiously back at me,”Get out here now!” I open the door and within 2 seconds Noah got me on the bed and the nurse said she saw the baby’s head. She turned to get a pair of gloves and as she does she shouts “I need help in here!” But before she gets the gloves she sees his head is OUT. So she just comes over and is there as I pushed his body out. All of that was in less than a minute of my contraction ending. It was so fast! Once I opened the bathroom Zane was literally out in about 10 seconds. The other nurses run in seconds after he was born. IF I hadn’t asked Bernice to stay there to check me there wouldn’t have even been a nurse in the room when he came out!!!
His apgars were 8&10. He nursed and was a champ right away at it. One of his eyes was badly blood shot and the other only slightly. And he has several little spots on his face were blood had come to the surface on his face from coming out so fast. Also the cord was wrapped around his neck, but fairly loosely.
Meanwhile they had a pit shot ready to give me as soon as my placenta came out. It was awhile before I had a contraction and could feel the placenta, so I pushed it out and got the pit shot in the tush. The shot was a preventative measure to try to keep me from bleeding badly like I had with Belle and Finn. I was still bleeding too heavy for a long time and had a shot of a different medicine at 8:30 or 9. If that didn’t slow it down shortly I would need to do IV meds or else be in too much risk for become extremely anemic and needing a transfusion. But thankfully by 9:30 it slowed down considerably. And by 10 it was fine.

Then our other kids came to see Zane!!!! We are all so in love with him. He is such a sweet baby and we are so glad that God sent him to our family, even though we hadn’t planned on having anymore. Thank you for reading!!!!
Me nursing him right within a few minutes of birth. I thought I was texting Abi (my dd buddy), but I had the wrong number...so some stranger got all my texts about my labor and delivery.

Noah holding him

all the kids

you can see the hemmorge spots on his face in these, but he’s so adorable nonetheless! They were gone very quickl y. By the time he was about 12hrs old or so.

Coming home day

All of the kids ready to take Zane home

Zane ready to go home.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

March 13th, 2011, 08:19 PM
wintereast's Avatar Theresa334
What a great story! I love it. I wish my birth would be that quick! But glad the nurse was there that is kind of scary it happened so fast.

March 13th, 2011, 08:45 PM
brandi.lyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Such a lovely birth mama! Glad it went perfectly and he wasn't born in the toilet beautiful.
March 13th, 2011, 09:26 PM
katidid622's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow...just wow! You weren't kidding when you said that you go fast!!!

What a wonderful birth - so calm & peaceful (except for the urgency!) but I love how your body just said "let's do this" and Zane was here. He is absolutely precious. Congrats again!

Do you LIKE JustMommies? Help us get to 5,000 fans!
March 14th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
WOW...that is an awesome birth story!! It must have been scary nearly having him on the toilet!! I hope my birth goes as smoothly!! I'm proud of you...you did awesome!

March 14th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Rabbit8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Holy fast birth Batman! When I started reading it I wondered why you were listing what contraction number it was. LOL Should have been a clue huh?

Very glad that the nurse was in the room, that was super fast.
March 14th, 2011, 07:40 AM
pinkalicious75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
amazing and hello, your pics after giving birth you don't look like you gave birth

I love that pic with Finn's hand on the baby...priceless!

Congrats Sharon and family he's a keeper!
March 15th, 2011, 07:59 AM
AnnaGr8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love your birth story, that was intense!
March 16th, 2011, 12:38 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Uh... you stink! Before my epi i was having 10 contractions w/in 20 minutes! And I had that for a few hours before my epi

Congrats on your beautiful baby boy!
March 16th, 2011, 07:42 PM
marriedtoamountie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Best birth story ever!!

March 17th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Danijoy84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Danijoy84
You did a great job and seems like everyone else did too. You all snapped into action so fast! Congrats on your quick labor and delivery and of course your new little one
March 18th, 2011, 07:36 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I read your story when you posted it but am just now responding. You just sound so calm! I was a hysterical mess and you are walking around and going to the bathroom. So glad you didn't end up having him on the toilet. Wow! He's gorgeous too!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
March 21st, 2011, 06:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Great Birth story - I'm due with my first in Sept - I wish my labor would be like that, but I doubt it! Congrats on a beautiful baby boy!!!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

March 22nd, 2011, 07:06 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandthemoos View Post
I read your story when you posted it but am just now responding. You just sound so calm! I was a hysterical mess and you are walking around and going to the bathroom. So glad you didn't end up having him on the toilet. Wow! He's gorgeous too!
Patty I was in really good control and calm until that last contraction. It was a doozy. I just grabbed dh and started walking in circles. I have no idea why, but that is all I could do. I'm so grateful I only had one contraction that bad....the others hurt enough, but that was about the most I would ever want to try to bear.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

Tags
birth story , march 11 birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search