My Birth Story - by Magnus William *Updated with Birth Stats*

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2011, 07:14 AM
aitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Birth Stats
Date: March 9th 2011
Time: 15:36
Weight: 8lbs 13oz
Length: 23.75 inches
Head: 14 inches
Chest: 14 inches
Apgars: 8/9

Hello Ladies,

My name is Magnus William and it's been a rough few days for my Mummy so I thought I'd write my birth story.

Mummy went into hospital on the evening of the 8th March to be induced. I remember hearing her have an argument with her doctor about using something called Cytotec. Mummy said she didn't want that and if that's what they were using then we were leaving the hospital. Anyway, she won and they agreed to use Cervadil instead. As it turned out, it didn't matter as I had already been trying to find my way out and as Mummy was already 3cm dilated the doctor said she could just rest for the night. It was a bumpy night though so I think Mummy must have spent most of it awake on the L&D bed.

The next day the nice nurse came in and started Mummy's pitocin. To start with it was fine but very soon I could tell Mummy was in lots of pain and I can tell you that the contractions were one on top of the other. I knew I had to try to make my way out and was trying very hard but my head just wouldn't move down to put pressure on Mummy's cervix. Mummy's life was made harder because my heart rate was dropping with every contraction unless she was on her left side which meant she couldn't move and had to stay on a monitor. It made Mummy sad but after a few hours of strong contractions one on top of the other she had a walking epidural which calmed her down and made Daddy much less worried. The doctors kept the pitocin going for another few hours but I just couldn't find my way out and my heart rate was getting higher and higher. Just when Daddy and Grandma left to get something to eat the doctor came in and I heard him suggest a c-section. Mummy cried.

Daddy came back very quickly and it all happened in a flash after that. Mummy says she doesn't remember much but she does remember the doctor giving a lesson about the clever ways he does things which means that she is meant to heal much quicker. I also remember hearing her ask why I wasn't crying - I wasn't even out yet!

When I did come out everyone was shocked, I had a true knot in my umbilical cord. Some people say that's lucky, Mummy thinks she's lucky I made it and that she had a c-section after all. The next thing people commented on were the size of my feet and how tall I am. I take after Daddy! One of the nurses said they'd better call Mike Shannahan as there was a new Redskin in training!

I nursed as soon as Mummy was in the recovery area and have a great latch. The only problem is that Mummy doesn't have any milk which makes me cry in pain - Mummy knows it's the pain cry, it's the same one as when they stuck me in the heel to take blood.

We came home on Friday afternoon, less than 48 hours after I arrived. Mummy and Daddy love me so much and are so pleased I made it here safely. Mummy needs to stop worrying so much though!

Here are some pics

Last edited by aitch; March 23rd, 2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Updat
March 15th, 2011, 10:03 AM
pinkalicious75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awe so precious...

your story made me
March 15th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love your birth story, Magnus! You are precious! We're all thankful that things worked out the way they did and you are here safe and sound!

March 16th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Like I said in my post - I keep remembering things. Like the fact that part of the reason for the c/s was the meconium in the amniotic fluid when my water broke. Also, all that pitocin and contractions had me dilate barely another cm and I remember the nurse saying that was being generous! Weird how it slowly comes back to you.
March 17th, 2011, 11:25 AM
mmten7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Helen...he's absolutely adorable! Congrats.

Thank you so much mylene169 for my awesome siggy!

March 17th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Adelyns_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Helen...he is so handsome!
March 20th, 2011, 08:06 PM
wintereast's Avatar Theresa334
Congrats what a cutie!

March 23rd, 2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks Ladies!

He is lovely but I'm probably biased. Updated with his birth stats - finally!
April 18th, 2011, 04:17 AM
douglas678's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the story. It's so cute!

Thank you so much Badydoll213. It's beautiful!

Tags
birth story , march 11 birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search