Reagan Alexa's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2011, 08:45 PM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So as most of you know I was highly impatient to have my baby. I went in on Monday morning to my almost 41 week appointment after many weeks and several horrible days of what I could only call prodromal labor. After being up the previous night after having taken castor oil and ending with horrid back pain my bp was140/96. My ob did an ultrasound and said the baby was doing fine but that she wanted me to go into the hospital for Bp monitoring and induction either that day or the following depending on my bp. I was 3.5 cm at the ob office at 9:30 that morning. At 11 at the hospital I was 4.5
To 5. My ob told me This was happening that day and I would be admitted. She began heartbeat and bp monitoring. An hour later she checked and I was at a 5.5 or 6. She told me then that she was going to break my water to move things along at which point she found meconium. I did not hear her when she said meconium but dh did. When I went into the bathroom and was leaking brown I asked why. About a half hour later my contractions started to get unbearable and my ob said due to the meconium she would like to start Petocin to get things moving. I decided on an epi right then. I got my epi which immediately took my pain from a 9 to a one. By 8
I was ready to push. My legs were numb and I was exhausted from only having eating a yogurt all day that day. It was a bit hard to feel when I should push, but I did it and Reagan Alexa was born at 9:08
P.m. On 3/14. She is perfectly healthy and doing very well. We all go home tomorrow. I couldn't have asked for a better birth experience. I was anti piton, but was fine with it, and had an awesome epidural. I could fully converse through pushing with little to no discomfort other than pushing itself. My little girl got a 9
On her Apgars. The post op recovery has been much harder than the delivery. I had second degree tears which are not horrible, but I'm having a ton of pain in my butt. Breastfeeding is not going well, but overall I m staying optimistic and we get to go home tomorrow. Pics will be forthcoming.
March 16th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Rabbit8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats again! I cannot wait to see pictures of her. Sounds like a good birth experience overall, though a little scary with meconium, I had that with Ayla and they had to work on her a bit before I could hold her which sucked.
March 16th, 2011, 05:57 AM
pinkalicious75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats! hang in there, the first few weeks are tough
March 16th, 2011, 12:04 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great story Wyatt had pooped early too :/ Glad everyone is healthy and happy!

Tags
birth story , march 11 birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search