Hudson Joseph!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2011, 12:42 PM
bcmommy0409's Avatar Super Mommy
Better late than never, right LOL!

I was scheduled for an induction on Thursday December 30th (due date 1-1-11) for high blood pressure. I have NEVER in my three pregnancies ever had any sign of going into labor on my own, so I was just patiently awaiting Thursday. Monday morning I went in for my routine NST and as the nurse was unhooking me, she asked if I was feeling all of the contractions. I looked at her wierd and said, nope I had no idea I was having contractions. She smiled and said well, you will know when they I real, I promise.

Tuesday night ODS came into our room like he usually does middle of the night and climbed into bed with us. After getting him settled, I went to the bathroom and then laid back down. I felt very crampy, so I just started paying attention to it. I called dh's name and asked him the time 4:00a.m, again, 4:03a.m. and again 4:05a.m as he flies out of bed WHY???? he answers. I told him that I might be having contractions and that I was going downstairs to figure things out. He follows me and says he is calling his aunt to sit with the boys, I was still in denial that this was labor so I told him no wait a bit. Back to the bathroom I go and within five minutes I yell for him to call her, they were extremely intense and every two minutes. By the time she got there twenty minutes later I could barely breathe through them and we took off to the hospital. Within our ten minute drive, I had six contractions right on top of each other. Dh raced me to the second floor and they got me into triage immediately. BP was real high 150/99 (which I knew would happen during labor)

Will continue tonight......................

UPDATED
so she made me wait through a couple of contractions to see if it would go down and it just continued to go up. Once they finally got the resident in there, she decided to have her stident check me because I wasn't "sure" if my water broke or I was peeing myself. Sure enough, water was broke and she could feel the head (which scared me because he had ALWAYS been so high) and then she said I was at an 8. Holy cow, I could not believe that I was going that fast. They asked me if I wanted an epidural which I absolutely did and rushed me to a delivery room. Once they got me in everyone took off to get what they needed and call the anesthesiologist, and I instanly felt major pressure like he was coming now. Dh rushed out to the hall to get help and sure enough within 5-10 of the move down the hall I was now complete. They said that I would not be getting my epidural and would be darn lucky if I got my OB. The anesthesiologist showed up anyway because he had already been called and offered me some sort of spinal that would work instantly and make me completely numb. At that point I took it because I couldn't even think straight and wanted some relief. That thing was amazing and literally worked fast enough for me to start pushing. My OB walked in at that second (joking about getting her with wet hair and no makeup), sat at the edge of the bed and had me give a "practice" push. That practice push turned into her turning arround and runnig for scrubs to catch him and DH starts freaking out. Hudson pretty much delivered himself out past his shoulders before my OB truned around to catch him.

So two and a half hours total from start to finish, Hudson Joseph made his arrival at 6:40a.m. on Tuesday December 28, 2010. He weighed 8lbs2oz and was 21in long. We were instantly in love and I was thrilled that he looked like me (my other boys resemble their daddy).

Everything worked out just perfect because we didn't have time to call anyone except my parents who made it just in time. It was a stress free, wonderful experience.
Hudson Joseph 12-28-2010

Last edited by bcmommy0409; March 16th, 2011 at 07:17 PM.
March 16th, 2011, 08:47 PM
ToriLeigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, and I thought I had fast labors. Glad you made it to the hospital on time, homebirths are good and well if you plan them, but any faster of a labor and you may have had a surprise one.

March 17th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Jennyt13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amazing story! Nice fast labor for you!

Michael Joseph Born 1/14/11 at 2:46pm
Baby Christian - born into heaven at 22 weeks gestation - 7/14/12

Starting IVF/PGD - September 2012
47 eggs retrieved (OUCH!)
38 eggs mature
26 eggs fertilized
10 embryos biopsied
3 embryos - 2 boys, 1 girl are waiting to be transferred - transferring 1 boy 1 girl on first FET!!!

2/12/13 - FET - Cancelled due to fluid in the uterus
2/20/13 - Hysteroscopy scheduled - 1 polyp removed.

4/10/13 - FET - 2 embies transferred as planned! 1 boy 1 girl!
4/22/13 - Trying to wait to test - Beta scheduled!! -
7/31/13 - FET - 1 embie transferred - 1 boy
8/7/13 - 7dp5dt - - but very light
8/9/13 - 9dp5dt - - no mistaking this one!
8/12/13 - 1st Beta scheduled - 64
8/14/13 - 2nd Beta scheduled - only 10
03/03/14 - FET #3 - 1 embie transferred - 1 girl
3/11/14 - FAINT BFP
3/13/14 - HCG only 20.2
3/17/14 - HCG rose to 151!!!
3/20/14 - HCG rose again - 630! Nurse was in shock!
3/27/14 - Ultrasound scheduled - HB Found! 6w1d 124bpm
4/3/14 - Second Ultrasound - Still doing well!
4/14/14 - First OB appointment - looking good!
March 23rd, 2011, 09:26 PM
MommyMelissa's Avatar *Melissa*
i love this story! so fast and pretty much easy. he wanted to meet you so badly!!
December 9th, 2011, 07:36 PM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a perfect birth!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search