Richard William IV Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2011, 05:10 PM
mrs2851's Avatar Veteran
I had my normal weekly check up on Friday March 4th @ 8:30am.
Pretty normal appt, I had been spotting off and on all week though and my doctor had reassured me that it was normal and not to worry. I was checked and was still just 1cm. My doctor even said, "not much going on in there, I'll see you at your appt next week."
I went to work like normal and worked all day. After work I headed to Baltimore (about 45 mins with no traffic from where I work) to my parents house to pick up DD who was with my mom that day. The entire car ride there (it wound up taking me 1 hour 25 mins in Friday afternoon traffic) I was having BH contractions about every 5-8 mins. I didnt think much of it b/c I had been having them pretty regularly up until then.
I got to my parents house @ 6:30pm. I was planning on having dinner with my parents and DD. Just as we were sitting down to eat, I had a real contraction. I looked at my watch and it was 6:45pm. I texted DH just to let him know. By 6:55pm I knew I needed to get back to our house just in case this was the real deal! We live about 45mins-hour from my parents house.
I asked my mom to drive me home, and my dad decided he would drive my car and take my DD and follow us back to my house just in case. At this point I wasn't really sure if this was the real thing or not! Even though I had been in labor before, I kept telling myself this just couldnt be it!
On the ride to my house, my mom was timing my contractions~ they were 4 mins apart and lasting 1 min. I was so uncomfortable, I tried to just breathe through each contraction and I kept telling myself just to keep it together until I could get to the hospital and get some relief!
We finally got to my house, where DH met us just as we were pulling up. My dad decided to stay at my house with DD and my mom, DH and I headed to the hospital. On the drive there, my contraction intensified so much. I was in so much pain!!
My DH later told me he was timing the contractions and they were about a minute apart at that point. About 2 blocks from our hospital, my water broke in the car!! I got really scared! I didnt feel my water break with DD b/c I had already had an epi at that point, so to feel it break really freaked me out. I can't even put into words how strong the urge to PUSH was as soon as my water broke! I was telling DH, "I have to push, I have to." He was literally yelling at me to hold on that we were pulling up to the hospital.
My mom grabbed a wheelchair and got me into the hospital while DH went to park the car. We got the L&D and I was take to triage. I told the triage nurse that I needed to push, and she phoned the L&D nurses and told them she was bringing me back.
When I got to the room that I was going to deliver in, I was in a full on panic. I knew he was coming, I could feel him. I stood up out of the wheelchair, disrobed, and laid on the bed. There was about 8 nurses in the room, each one rushing around doing something. The doctor came over and wanted to check me, took one look, said "baby is +3, lets do this.." I pushed one time (my DH came running in the room at this very moment) and our son was born! I think I was in shock, it all happened so fast.
His apgars were 9/9. He was 6lbs 2oz and 20 inches long. I was 37 weeks and 2 days. I'm pretty proud of myself, I had an epi with my DD and even though this time around didnt go AT ALL like I had thought or planned, in my head I coached myself through the contractions and labor with no meds! It was pretty intense, but looking back it wasn't really that bad!
The nurses and doctor (not mine, but the one who delivered Rickey) were joking saying that if we have baby #3, I should probably just come to the hospital a week before and hang out just to be sure I made it there!
If you made it this far~ thanks for reading!
Here's our little guy:

March 20th, 2011, 06:02 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
OMGosh! Your birth story sounds like mine -- except faster which I wouldn't think would be possible!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
March 20th, 2011, 08:13 PM
wintereast's Avatar Theresa334
Congrats he's cute! I love all these fast labor stories

Tags
birth story , march 11 birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search