Shawn Kellyís (aka Mini Moo) Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2011, 02:16 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I had this big plan for Mini Mooís birth but of course, it didnít go at all the way I had planned. I am going to write up all the events of his birth. Some of this may be TMI and I debated on how much to post but decided to share it all.

11:30 am March 16 Ė Had my 39 Week OB appt.
I had a disappointing appt. Here is a link to my post about that. I left there feeling a little discouraged. I was 2 cm dilated, still thick, mini mooís head was still kind of high, and the midwife didnít give me any indication that heíd be here soon. I did have her do a sweep of my cervix to try to stir things up and get things moving but didnít have any hopes that it did anything. It didnít hurt at all and I could barely tell she did anything.

Around 4 pm March 16 Ė Decided to try to see if I could get things going a little
I did a little walking. Then I went up and down the stairs a few times. Then maybe around 5 or 5:30 I decided to do a little bit of nipple stimulation to see if I could get some contractions going. This seemed to work but I had tried this a few times already and each time Iíd have some contractions but the contractions would stop as soon as I stopped. I started getting some regular contractions but they werenít really painful and I really didnít think it was labor. I had already had several episodes of false alarms so I didnít get too excited.

Around 6:45pm Asked dh if he wanted to dtd to help get things moving.
I find this hilarious now! I posted about this here. I wasnít really having too much pain but I was having contractions around 5 to 7 minutes apart. They did hurt some but they didnít feel like real labor contractions to me. I thought they were going to fizzle out so I wanted to do something to keep them coming. Well dh wasnít interested. He was trying to ask me how I was supposed to do this having contractions like I was. I was trying to convince him that it was a good idea but he kept saying no. Iíve never been so glad to be rejected.

About this time, I called my sister and the birth photographer just to give them a heads up. I told them both that I wasnít sure that it was the real deal but thought that I should give them a heads up just in case.

I talk to my sister for a while and at about 7:15pm she says that she thinks she is going to just drive out here because she didnít like the way I sounded. Patty, dodo head still thinks she is doing okay and that this might not even be labor. But, I tell Kelly to get ready and get the kids ready because Iím starting to have to breathe through the contractions and think Iíd probably better start thinking about heading to the hospital.

7:25 pm Need to go pee, sit on the toilet, feel a gush! I think my water just broke.
Kelly is in the shower at this point and I am like oh crap, I think my water just broke. I feel down to see if I feel wet and I feel wet and slippery but Iím still not sure if itís my water. I tell Kelly we need to hurry because all of a sudden the contractions went from not so bad to 2-3 minutes apart and unbearable. I am lying on the bed and can feel all this pressure and start freaking out that I am going to have the baby right there in my bedroom. I call the doc, call the birth photographer, and my sister already was heading out the door. As I am on the bed, I start crying and telling dh to hurry and keep saying I donít want to have the baby at home.

We started to pack the kids in the car and were trying to decide what to do because I wasnít sure whether or not I was going to make it to the hospital or if I should meet my sister at the hospital or what to do. Finally we decide to leave them at home since Teresa is on the way. They all have cell phones and itís a good thing that we did this or the kids would have been at the hospital with us when I had mini moo.

Drive to the hospital
This was the most scary drive to the hospital ever. I started having contractions 2 minutes apart (or less). I was feeling so much pressure and started to feel mini mooís head down there. I told dh that if I said I needed to call 911 to call 911 and pull over and please donít keep driving. We were going to take the back way to get to the highway and head towards the hospital I was supposed to deliver at but I started getting worried and said letís go through town just in case I feel like I canít make it. We start to go towards the other hospital and were both having this what to do panic and I started having so much pain and pressure I am like Iím not going to make it. Go to Greenville. We pull up to the ER and I say please tell them whatís going on I canít get out of the car.

They come out. I tell them I am a VBAC patient which the nurse told me later gave her a big scare. They put me in a wheel chair and wheel me through the emergency room moaning so loud it was embarrassing. I am sure I was the entertainment for everyone watching us.

Get in the room and am 8-9 cm
I get in the room and keep apologizing. I had planned to have natural childbirth but as soon as I got there I started thinking what are you crazy? I was in so much pain I just asked her could I please have something for pain. She needs to check me first. She checks me but didnít actually say what I was. For whatever reason, I am still being a dodo and thinking that I am just being a crybaby and I am probably only 4 cm or something. I ask her if I need to go to the other hospital and she is like No, youíre staying. Thatís when she tells me I am 8-9 cm. She doesnít think I can have anything for pain and once I realized that I was that close I felt prepared to do natural childbirth again.

8:25 pm The stuff you donít want to happen during labor happens.
Well, I remember reading Staceyís birth story and talking to dh about it and telling him I was a little worried about that happening with me because I had been having so much bowel pressure through my pregnancy. The contractions were so strong and with everyone I had so much pressure that I was losing control of everything. I could feel leaking from my bowels and bladder every time I would have a contraction and I was getting really upset about it but there just wasnít anything I could do about it. When his head was coming down it was just pressing everything out.

I had contractions two minutes or so apart for about a half hour or so. The nurse I had was the BEST! She really helped me. She kept reminding me to breathe slower and once I got out of my hysterical mode I think I did really well with the breathing. The doc wasnít there yet and I asked a few times if the doc was on the way.

Not sure the time: They tell me babyís heart rate is dropping and tell me I need to move.
I started to feel really panicked. This is what happened when I had Brandon. He went into distress when I was about 8-9 cm and I ended up needing an emergency csection. So I ask if I need to get on all fours because thatís what they made me do with Brandon. Doc still isnít there yet and I am really feeling scared. She says no, weíre going to get him out. So they have me move to my side for a minute and then have me spread my legs and she says she is going to stretch my cervix so I can push. The doc arrives about this time and they have me start pushing. It took a little longer to push him out than it did with Lyndsey but it was still only maybe three or four pushes. Lyndsey was like ONE push! He comes out and he and I are both covered in blood.

Doctor says sheís definitely ruptured.
I didnít know what the heck he was talking about but I thought he meant my uterus had ruptured. There was so much blood everywhere and that is the one thing you worry about when you are having a vbac. I was so scared for a few minutes. At some point he tells me that my placenta ruptured and explained that it was a placental abruption. I am sure that is why his heart rate dropped. This is the second time my placenta has abrupted now. I was a little worried still just because of how much bleeding there was. He had to reach up inside my uterus and feel around the scar tissue. That hurt like heck but everything was good. I finally stopped feeling freaked out. I think because of all the commotion I was distracted. I didnít even know if he was a boy or a girl at first. I just knew he looked really tiny. I was expecting him to be at least 6 lbs but he was only 5 lbs 14 oz.

Shawn Kelly ďMini MooĒ was born at 8:46pm, March 2011 5 lbs 14 oz, 19 inches long.

I am very grateful for the care I got at the hospital I stopped at. With my placenta abrupting this could have been a really different experience, especially since my labor went so fast. They did a wonderful job with everything.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
March 18th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Congrats again Patty! I'm so happy for your mini moo's arrival!!! Can't wait to see more photos!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
March 18th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Super Mommy
Crazy story!! That must have been so scary to think you might have him in the car. Glad to hear everything went ok!!
March 18th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
Wow Patty, that gave me chills and reminded me so much of how I felt. Crazy how much we have in common.

Im so glad you made it to the hospital. Scary to think what could have happened if you gave birth in the car or at home.

Congrats again and welcome to the world little moo moo

Look at that, were pooping buddies

March 18th, 2011, 03:45 PM
snlipio's Avatar Veteran
Congratulations! I am attempting a vbac and have had a super quick delivery in the past. I fear I will have a similar story. I'm glad you stopped at the other hospital and everything worked out!
Mason~4/19/09
Lauren~3/28/11

My love for you is endless as are my hopes and dreams.
March 18th, 2011, 05:08 PM
ANGWife
OMG that sounds so intense. I would have been terrified as well with things progressing so quickly. So glad you and baby are doing well.
March 18th, 2011, 06:07 PM
adamsgirl
I'm glad you made it to the hospital Patty, that is a scary story!! congrats on your little man!!
March 18th, 2011, 09:12 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you made it to the hossy! Especially since you had a placental abruption. That could have been much more serious than it was had you not already been at a hospital.

Once your water broke it was fast and furious it sounds like!!! Ouchies!

You did awesome!!!!

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

March 19th, 2011, 08:02 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow Patty! Thats crazy. I'm so glad everything ended up the way it did and you made it to the hospital, even if it wasn't the one you wanted. Thank goodness for a great nurse!
March 19th, 2011, 08:50 AM
BB4CaLs's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow Congrats Patty! Enjoy your little guy!

EDD August 22, 2015!

My Ovulation Chart
March 19th, 2011, 05:09 PM
caren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that's a crazy story! I'm glad you made it to the hospital and had such a great nurse to help you through that intense time. Congratulations again...Shawn is beautiful!!

March 19th, 2011, 06:19 PM
AnnaGr8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! What a scary birth story!
March 24th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Lo_and_Behold's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your littlest moo, Patty! What a birth story!! So glad that everything went well. He's just precious

March 24th, 2011, 11:05 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo_and_Behold View Post
Congrats on your littlest moo, Patty! What a birth story!! So glad that everything went well. He's just precious
So nice to see you checking up on us.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
April 5th, 2011, 08:51 PM
wintereast's Avatar Theresa334
Wow what a story! Sounds scary I'm glad you made it to the hospital. I also like to hear how the midwife said not soon then happened right away!

Tags
birth story , march 11 birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search