Meet Caiden Alexander

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2011, 08:59 PM
MnMama's Avatar Super Mommy
Tuesday 3/1/11: Had my 39 week appointment with my OB. The NST went well and we got to see our little man on ultra sound. We discussed the induction with the doctor. I was very nervous and my OB was very understanding. He agreed to start the Pitocin very low & ramp it up slowly. He told us to go to the hospital the next evening at 6:00 p.m. to get gel inserted to help me efface since I was only at 2 cm/70%.

Wednesday 3/2/11: I spent the day getting ready for the arrival of our little man. L & D was really busy, so they asked me to come in at 9:00 p.m. They inserted the prostaglandin gel, kept me for observation for an hour & a half and sent me home to get some sleep.

Thursday 3/3/11: 7:00 a.m. and we are at the hospital to be induced. I am dilated to close to 3 cm, and my nurse stretches me to 3cm. Pitocin was started at 9:00 a.m. & was increased slowly throughout the day. At 4:00 p.m. I was 4 cm, contractions were every 2 – 3 minutes and getting strong enough that I was breathing through them. My OB was called into emergency surgery, so it was 7:45 before he was able to examine me. I was still at 4 cm & the doctor decided to wait until the morning to break my water. I was given Visterol & Morphine to help me sleep and the Pitocin was dialed back down to half.

Friday 3/4/11: At 7:00 a.m. I was examined, which broke my water. I was 5 cm & Pitocin was ramped back up. The contractions started coming quickly and were very intense. By 8:30 I was asking for an epidural. Unfortunately, it didn’t work on my right side, so I was still in a considerable amount of pain. They called the anastesiologist, who removed the first epidural & inserted another one a little higher up. The second epidural was very effective & numbed everything from my mid-back down. It was fabulous! I had no side effects – my blood pressure stayed great, no nausea. At 2:15 I was almost fully dilated – there was only a rim left. My nurse did a little stretching and I was finally ready to push! The nurse was getting the bed ready and she asked me if I could move my legs at all, so I said I would try. I tried moving my left leg and I kicked her right in her lady parts – I felt so bad! I could move my legs, but I had no control over them. Oops! The doctor had to make a very small mid-lateral cut to prevent me from having a nasty tear. After 40 minutes of pushing, our sweet little man made his entrance into the world. The umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck twice, but he never had any problems because it was so long. The placenta was delivered, which I wasn’t even aware had happened and the doctor stitched up my cut.

Caiden Alexander was born at 3:09 p.m. on 3/4/11. He weighed 7 lbs, 0 oz, was 20 ¼ inches long, and had a head circumference of 13 ¾”.

March 19th, 2011, 06:22 PM
AnnaGr8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats what a great birth!

Tags
birth story , march 11 birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search