Bethany Michelle

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our c-section was scheduled for Dec 29th 2010 at 7:30am. We had to be there at 5:30am, I got very little sleep the night before because I was so excited! Finally the big day came, we had to check in at the ER and they took some info and had us sign some papers and sent us to L&D. They were ready for us and got us right to a room. I changed into a gown and got hooked to some monitors. The nurse asked some more questions and had a few more forms for us to sign. She got my IV started and started running fluids and we waited until it was time. My mom got there a little bit before they took me back to the OR. They brought me back and got the spinal started. They talked me through it and it went really well. They got the drape set up and put the catheter in which I didn't feel at all, since they did it after the spinal. The nurse anesthetist and anesthiologist were at my head and were talking to me while we waited to start. My doc peeked over and said hello and once he made sure I was numbed well they brought Phillip in. I felt some tugging and then I felt lots of pressure and pushing as they were getting her out. I finally heard her precious little cry! They took her over and checked her out. They had to do a bit of suctioning but she was perfect! Her apgars were 9/10. They brought her over for me to see for a few minutes while the doc sewed me up. She was teh sweetest little thing. She had reddish hair. Two of our girls have red hair and we had wondered if she would too. She weighed 9lbs 8oz and was 20in long. Phillip got to take her to the nursery to get cleaned up and and checked over. Grandma got to see her on the way. The doc got me finished up finally, it seemed like it took forever but I he was making sure to sew everything really well in case we have another baby. He said I didn't have much scar tissue from my previous c/s and that everything looked good. The took me back to the room I started out in to recover for a bit and not long after I got there, they brought Beth to me and I was able to breastfeed her! A little later they moved us to our room. She did great and was able to stay with me the whole time except for when they took her for the docs to look at her. She did great with breastfeeding. Later that day, Phillip went and got the kids so they could meet their sister. My 3 yr old was very concerned about me being in the bed in a hospital gown hooked to things. He felt better the next day when I was up and in my clothes with the IV out. Our nurses were very nice and helpful. Our last night, there they brought us a nice steak dinner. They wheeled in a cart with a white tablecloth and flower on it. It was very pretty and the food was very good. Since we both were doing well, we were able to leave on the 2nd day after rather than the 3rd day. Everyone was great and we had a good hospital experience!
March 20th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Aimee MommyX3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Aimee MommyX3 Send a message via Skype™ to Aimee MommyX3
Sounds like you had an excellent doctor. Congrats on your sweet baby girl. Awesome that you were able to leave so soon.
March 21st, 2011, 06:59 AM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a wonderful story and boy I wish I would have had a steak dinner Sounds like a very nice hospital staff!
March 22nd, 2011, 09:13 AM
Rockstarmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a great, easy experience! And isn't wonderful to have thoughtful nurses? We did too and it made it a lot easier on us.

March 23rd, 2011, 01:27 PM
MommyMelissa's Avatar *Melissa*
Great story. Easy and pleasant <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search