Laikon's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Hannah-Banana's Avatar Laikon's Mommy
Laikon's Birth Story

The night before my MIL, the one I get along with, lol, came up to stay with us. My induction was scheduled for March 14th at 6:00am. After making sure everything was perfect in the nursery and MIL looked over mine and the baby's hospital bag to make sure we hadn't forgotten anything, we laid down for some sleep.

It was about 11:00pm. DH conned me into DTD and then we laid around talking about how it didn't really seem like we'd be parents tomorrow. Honestly, we didn't get more then 3 hours of sleep. Actually, I got three hours of sleep. DH didn't sleep at all. >.<

We woke up at 4:00am, took a shower, ate breakfast, and realized a snow storm had blown up in the middle of the night. So MIL drove like 10mph all the way to the hospital and drove DH nuts. Haha. Once we got there, the lady at the registration desk didn't know what the heck she was doing and even though we got at the hospital at 5:30am like we were suppose to we didn't get back to L&D until 6:15am.

When I woke up I'd realized I was having a few minor contractions, by the time I got to the room and they'd hooked me up to all the monitors and such they become much more intense and regular. My midwife came in and checked me, I was at a 3, 0 station, 100% effaced. They said I could try to go on my own, but it would probably take days longer then if they just went ahead and did the pitocin. DH and I talked it over and decided he was already 2 weeks over due, just go ahead and let them do the pit. I had them hook me up to zofran first because I just knew as soon as those big contractions started hitting me I'd be throwing up all over the place.

That was at about 6:30, and really between then and when I started pushing except for no one could find my dad. > I ended up with one extra person in the delivery room because I didn't have the heart to run her off, my grandma. And thankfully she didn't drive me nuts, she just sat quietly in the corner for once in her life.

The contractions we're alright for awhile and I went until about 8:30 without any pain meds. Then it got to the point where I couldn't take much more so they gave me a shot of fentinal (sp?) through my IV which pretty much zonked me out during the space between contractions, but I still felt them just as intense when they hit. All it did was give me a chance to rest. My poor DH I had a death grip on his hand! I was annoyed because people kept calling my MIL's cell and asking her to send DH down to the waiting room to 'keep them informed' I was like 'F-them! He's here for me, you idiots!!'. I wouldn't let him go.

When it actually got to the pushing stage, I tried pushing on my side which is what I wanted to do, that or hands and knees. But I couldn't bear down enough and I couldn't imagine getting on my hands and knees so I ended up on my back with my mom holding one leg and DH holding the other.
Pushing was INSANE! I honestly don't remember anything from this point on except for a few flashes of things. Like every time I pushed I'd get a HUGE charly horse behind my left knee and I was always pulling it away from my mom to try and stretch it because I couldn't push, it felt like the tendon was going to snap or something. Then I remember something about the mid-wife telling my husband she was applying some 'baby wd-40' which made everyone laugh and I was like ugh, shut up I'm dying over here! lol. FIL called and asked what was going on, heard me scream and said 'Never mind!!' and hung up rather quickly, haha. I also remember looking over at one point and seeing blood running down my arm and realizing I'd pulled the IV out of my arm by accident. I remember DH letting go and walking away, looking around for him panicking, seeing his mom intercept him and pointing him back and them him coming over to me and kissing my forehead but he was crying, and then the next thing I know his shoulders are stuck, and I was like his shoulders?! I didn't even feel his head! His shoulders hurt the worst, I screamed soo loud when they yanked his shoulders out. Then he was on my stomach and the only thing I could think of to say was 'Oh... a baby!' and I just kinda reached out and put my fingertips on his shoulder because I was afraid to touch him more then that.

I'm not at all ashamed to admit that I screamed my way through the delivery. Once it got to the pushing part and the pressure was so intense I remember thinking to myself I can either scream or cry and I can't breathe when I'm crying, so scream it is! I sort of grunted my way through the first 5 counts of the push then screamed through the last. It was logical in my brain. If I scream I have to take a deep breath afterward, right? So I would be guaranteed air through out my whole delivery, lmao. But it really freaked DH out and that's why he walked away. He told me afterward that seeing me scream like that made him want to jump off the roof of the hospital because it was all his fault. I was so sorry that I traumatized him at the birth of his own son, but I honestly don't think I could have made it without the screaming.

Laikon was born at 12:22pm weighing 8 pounds, 3 ounces, 20 inches long, with a 14" head and 13.5" chest. He had a bit of a swollen 'bulb' on top of his head because I guess he got stuck in the birth canal and that's where he was for most of my pushing. My mom said I pushed for about 45 minutes. I honestly don't remember much at all. I guess I went number two while I was pushing and I wish no one had told me because I thought I had got away without doing that.

So that's about it, I don't think I left anything out. Thanks for reading!

March 25th, 2011, 09:15 PM
stevie_momto5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Popping in from the May DDC.. wanted to say CONGRATS..he's a doll.

March 26th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Hannah-Banana's Avatar Laikon's Mommy
Oh, thanks so much! I think he's gorgeous!

Tags
birth story , march 11 birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search