Elisabeth Vanessa Rae's Birth Story!! Pic Heavy!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2011, 02:04 PM
douglas678's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Elisabeth Vanessa Rae

On March 8th at about 5 in the morning, I woke up to use the bathroom as usual. I realized the "bloody show" had started. I made my call to the midwife to let her know. At that time, no contractions yet. Midwife said it could be the early stages of labor, but it could still be a couple days away. At 6, I decided to go back to bed. While laying down, I noticed that I was having contractions. Irregular, but still there. I couldn't sleep at all! So I got up and played on the computer. Jason also got up. I think the excitement of labor being close, neither one of us could sleep. We decided we should go grocery shopping that morning since we could be having our baby any day. The contractions were still irregular, but they were more noticeable.

We got done with our shopping at about noon. I got a call from the midwife just checking on me, and I told her about the contractions. She sounded positive that I would be coming in soon, maybe the next day or two. I called my sister around 4 and talked to her for about 40 min while timing my contractions. It was getting harder to talk through them, and to do much else. I wasn't really paying attention to the timing of them, until I finally sat down and looked at it. (I was up getting things ready for when it was time). They were every 3-4 minutes and lasting about 45 seconds. Uh-oh!!!! I got off the phone with my sister and called the midwife back. It was time to come in!!!!!!!!!

We got to the birthing center at about 7:30pm on March 8th. The midwife checked me. I was only at a 3-3 1/2. BOO! So she did a stretch and sweep. That did not feel good at all. She said she was going to keep me for a few hours, but if I didn't progress, I would be sent home. The contractions were getting stronger, and stayed at about 3-4 minutes. I was def not talking through them. At one point Jason said something that made me laugh during one, and that was not cool. It was hard to laugh and breath at the same time, while trying not to be tense. A couple hours later, she checked me, and I was at about a 4! Not much progress for what I was feeling! UGH! She did another stretch and sweep, which still hurt a lot, and we waited. Things were def getting hard. She decided I wasn't going home the way I was handling the contractions. She could tell they were strong, and I guess she knew they were going to make me have this baby soonish. I had gone between the shower, the tub, and the bed to help labor. The shower felt great, and so did the bath!!! But I was getting tired and just wanted to lay down.

At 1am in the morning, she checked me again and this time, I'm at a 6. I had gotten in the tub another time, and while in the tub before I got the Nubain, my water broke. I know it did, even though I've never felt such a sensation. And that's why. It was so weird. Those contractions just started coming on even stronger! Oh, but the pain was getting to me. I was crying, and feeling like I couldn't do natural. I was so close to saying take me to the hospital. I was feeling like I wanted to push, obviously to have a BM. But I just couldn't. The midwife said that delivery still looked to be quite a ways away. She was hoping sometime around lunch maybe. Oh God!!!! She offered me some pain meds, She had once before. She was worried that with the pain I wouldn't be able to keep going much longer. I had gotten sick once already, and I would again a little later. I took the pain meds. She gave me a shot of Nubain in my thigh. Honestly, I don't think it did a dang thing for the pain. But it helped me relax so much! Jason said I actually dozed off in between contractions. I can't believe that, seeing how they were 3ish minutes apart! But when a contractions would start, oh man I was wide awake hurting!!!! I thought it was shortly after she gave me the shot, which it wasn't, but I was feeling like I had to "clench" to not push. I was feeling the need to push EVERYWHERE! I think she thought I was just talking about pushing for a BM. I believe this was somewhere close to 3am. I wasn't aware of the time. She checked me again, and told me... "Well, that would be because you are ready to push". I was finally at a 10!!!!!!!

My midwife told me to push whenever I felt the need. She was running around getting things ready, and she called the birthing assitants. She got the tub ready for me, (I wanted a water birth) and Jason helped me in. It felt so much better to push, but it was really started to become a pain. Jason said I pushed for 41 minutes. Seemed like less to me. But at 4:11 am on March 9th 2011, we welcomed Elisabeth Vanessa Rae into the world! She weighed 8lbs 5.5 oz, was 20 1/2 inches long, with a good set of lungs!!!! (She doesn't let me forget it). I was so happy and on cloud nine!!! After that, nothing else mattered. They gave her straight to me where they cleaned her nose and mouth out. Jason got to cut the cord. It took 3 tries. Didn't know it was so tough. After I delivered the placenta, they gave EV to Jason then they got me out of the tub and on the bed to check on the damage. She tore me really good in THREE different places. That really sucked. But the numbed it up, gave me another shot to numb it even more and fixed me right up. I hardly noticed. I was too busy staring at my baby girl in her daddy's arms. <3 I was also a little loopy and tired, so it was hard to concentrate on too much. Jason was in love!!!!

After I got fixed up and cleaned up, I went and laid back down and nursed for the first time!!!! I just wanna say, it was magical. I felt so close to her then, even more than before. I did get sore but, it was still amazing! While they were cleaning everything up the midwife stopped to tell me how amazing I did through everything. I progressed faster than she expected, and I really handled everything well. She didn't direct me while pushing, except when she was crowning. That really made me feel so much better too! I thought I had done a so so job. Jason even told me how amazing I did. He also said he watched as EV was born, and surprised me by saying it was one of the most beautiful things ever. (Although, he wouldn't watch it again. It was a one time beautiful thing.) Jason left to go get some food while I continued to nurse. Yum! Subway! We ate, enjoyed staring at EV, and got some rest. We left at about 12pm and headed home. Jason took care of most of the diapers. He is so amazing!!!!

We are so blessed with this beautiful baby girl. Now if only 7 weeks would go by fast so we can be a family again, that would make things perfect!

Here are some pics, I'm including the first pics of her, which are me in the tub still. Can't see anything, but just warning you.

I hate my face in this, in fact, I don't think I look good at all. But this is as soon as they put her on my chest from having her.

I have a baby and it's a GIRL!!!!

Looking at my beautiful baby girl! I <3 her!!!!

Daddy cutting the cord!

Daddy holding her for the first time, and kissing her!!!

Daddy and EV!

My big girl!!!!

Our first family picture, and the midwife Michelle!!! She was amazing!

Me holding my baby girl. I'm so tired and look like crud. I took my makeup too! Screw that!

Daddy holding our girl!!!

Just got home!!!!

Getting some sun with Daddy!!!

Our babies!!! Sara Lee is already protective!

Sorry for the long birth story and all the pics. I couldn't just do a couple. All these pics were taken on her birthday!

Thank you so much Badydoll213. It's beautiful!

Last edited by douglas678; April 8th, 2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Adding to
March 29th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Rabbit8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great birth story!! I'm glad that you got everything you wanted, it sounds like though it was difficult at times (labor is for most of us lol), you did a fantastic job. I love the pictures too, bah on the makeup, who cares about makeup when you're holding your baby for the first time?

Also, now I want some Subway....
March 29th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
LOVE this birth story. It sounds like an amazing experience and I love the pics!! I'm rather jealous of your birth centre and water birth!! Elisabeth Vanessa Rae is adorable!

March 29th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Thank you both! Our birthing center was amazing!!! I could post a picture of the room. Jason took it right before we left. I think it being so peaceful, that made it easier on me. We had the lights dim. Perfect setting. I really want some subway too.

March 30th, 2011, 03:50 AM
Rabbit8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I loved laboring in the tub, though I was more hanging over the side of it while Dave kept up a steady stream of hot water on my back with some towels.
March 30th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That really sounds like a wonderful birth experience! So glad you had a great one
April 8th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I added to my story. I forgot about when my water broke and I wanted to add that. Nothing too big. Just wanted to update for myself really.

Tags
march 11 birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search