Kylie Irene: Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Pebblesbuddy
Kylie Irene: Birth Story

I always figured I would have Kylie early based on my issues I had throughout my entire pregnancy. I never really realized all the obstacles I would have to deal with. It began around 6 weeks when I had really low progesterone. I cried thinking my pregnancy was over. I began to take Prometrium to bring up my levels, and throughout the remainder of my pregnancy the progesterone teetered on the low end of normal but normal nonetheless. Around 7 weeks I come to find out my uterus is bicornuate, basically it has a dip in the top making the area the baby grows in smaller which comes with a risk of incompetent cervix and preterm delivery. I now have to be monitored by a high-risk doctor. Around 8 weeks I get my HCG drawn for the 5th time (not sure why) and notice itís significantly lower than it ever was and I think I am going to miscarry. At 9 weeks we confirm baby is still growing and looking great. Around 12 weeks I go in for an NT scan and everything comes back completely normal. Woohoo! Baby is measuring dead on to how far along she is. Around 20 weeks we notice my fluid is low and I am told to drink at least 80-100 ounces of water a day so baby has room to growth. I remember the first time I felt her move. I was 21.5 weeks pregnant wondering if I would ever feel my baby! And as I was going to get lunch I felt the fluttering sensation on the left side of my stomach. What an amazing feeling.

24 weeks rolls around! Viability! She could be born now and have a chance at life, of course I want to make it as far as I can before she is born. 28 weeks comes and I pass my glucose test! Woo no gestational diabetes! I see my OB around 29 weeks for a normal appointment and I am told by the doctor to stop going to the high-risk doctor. I find this odd considering all I have dealt with thus far. He tells me to cancel all my future appointments. I choose to ignore what he says and go any way. Thank goodness I go with my gut instinct because at my next high-risk appointment is when crap hits the fan. I find out my fluid is low, baby is measuring small in the 14th %centile, I have IUGR and the blood flow to the babyís brain is abnormal (not even on the charts). Thus begins my month long bed rest. I am told to double my caloric intake and keep drinking the 100 ounces of water. The bed rest was mainly to help with the blood flow in hopes it would start flowing better to the baby.

Each subsequent high-risk appointment had good and bad results. Finally at my one appointment mid February it looked like everything was better. My fluid was higher, the baby had good blood flow and although she was small she was still growing. I also received steroid shots just in case anything happened and we had to deliver earlier than planned. I canít say how happy I am that I made the choice to get those shots because a week later I go in (February 22nd) and everything is bad again. Really low fluid, baby measuring in the 6th percentile, baby is breech, blood flow is abnormal again. Doctor feels we have made it as far as we can go and thinks baby will do better on the outside than in. I was 34 weeks and 5 days. I am told to pack my bags and head to the hospital to get a C section. I call my husband and family and everyone is shocked. Soon Kylie would be making her debut. Thank goodness we had nearly completed the nursery and I had already packed a majority of my bags. We head to the hospital, check in and begin our wait for our daughter.

I had to be monitored while waiting for my c section. Baby was doing great on the monitor but we knew she needed to be on the outside and not stay in me too much longer. I cried because I was so scared. Scared she would be sick, scared to be a mom, you name it! I couldnít believe she would be here soon. There were 2 C-sections in front of me so from the time we checked in to the time she was born we waited in the hospital for 7 hours. The nurses stuck my arms and hands 7 times just to get the IV in. Talk about painful. Finally around 11pm it was my turn to go back. They wheeled me in the OR and had my husband wait outside while they did the spinal. This is when I began to lose it. I was crying because I couldnít believe THIS WAS IT. We were going to meet my daughter. What would she look like? Would she be ok? Would she need assistance? While they did the spinal a PA held me and hugged me and I just cried my eyes out. I felt my back get warm and tingly at this point, it felt like warm running water starting in my lower back and going down to my legs. I lost all feeling. They triple checked to make sure I was numb and I could feel nothing. At this point they put up the sheet and call my husband in the room.

They then began the C-section. All I felt the entire time was a lot of tugging and pulling. No pain or anything. At this point itís around 11:45pm and I was hoping she would be born before midnight. It would make her birthday 2/22/11. First itís a cool birthday and second we have A LOT of family members with birthdays in February so I was hoping she would have her own birthday. There are two other family members with a birthday on 2/23 and 2/24. Finally I heard them say they were taking her out. She was screaming and wailing up a storm! I hear my husband telling me ďChristina, thatís our daughter do you hear her thatís our daughter!Ē I couldnít help but cry my eyes out. She received an 8 on the apgar when initially pulled out and a 9 a few minutes later. They told me she was super cute and had a head full of hair. They at first told me it was red and I was pretty shocked. I come to find out later it was not red but brown. My husband keeps saying she is so beautiful and all I want to do is see her. They brought her over about 5 minutes later and all I felt was love. I gave her a bunch of kisses and they then took her to the NICU. I was then sewn up and wheeled back to my room. I saw her the next day when she was about 12 hours old and I was able to hold her for the first time. Bliss.

I had always wanted to do a natural labor but based on things beyond my control I could not. But I wouldnít of had it any other way. I wanted her here, healthy and safe and thatís exactly what happened. I love her beyond words and I really canít wait for everyone to experience becoming a mom for the first time because let me tell you itís AMAZING. This is the birth of Kylie Irene
March 30th, 2011, 05:28 PM
April Flowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love it.

Gorgeous siggy courtesy of tasha_mae!
Oct 26, 2010--Thing 1 is a BOY and Thing 2 is a GIRL

March 31st, 2011, 04:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What an awesome birth story! She is a true miracle and blessing from heaven.
March 31st, 2011, 02:21 PM
WillfulGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's so adorable, congrats!

March 31st, 2011, 05:21 PM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I almost cried reading this one.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search