The Pregnancy and Birth Story of Annabeth Nicole

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2011, 01:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to chelle2k
Pregnancy Story

Shortly after my first appointment with this pregnancy I started having the date of March 18th stick out in my head as the day I'd deliver. I had no idea why that date was sticking out, but it was. So despite having an April 1st due date I kept that date in my mind.

Pregnancy was fairly smooth. I had some issues--- hypoglycemia, low vitamin D levels, anemia, bladder infection. It was nothing we couldn't handle. I really felt like I was lucky.

Third trimester saw me becoming a mess. Anemia was worse. I had a 24 day migraine. Soon after the migraine became manageable I started having terrible swelling. First time I had the swelling, my bp was doing fine so doctor just said to rest as much as I could, keep my legs elevated when I could, up my water and lower salt intake. Following that seemed to help for a few days. Couple weeks went by the issue seemed to be gone.

Then after that appointment it all started again. The swelling starting getting so bad that my feet would go numb and my toes would turn blue by the end of the day. Nurse reiterated cutting the salt, elevating feet, etc. I tried this again. This time I didn't get any results. I held on with this severe swelling for 5 days before it was time for my appointment. It was not good news. I had gained 26 pounds in 2 weeks and my blood pressure was high. The doctor said I had to immediately stop working and go on bedrest. I was devastated. I didn't want to be on bedrest and shorten my maternity leave time that I would have with baby... it was still 3 weeks before we were going to have my scheduled C-section. The doctor sent me home with a urine test kit and said to bring it back tomorrow and get lab work. She wanted to see me in 2 days to get lab results and see how the bedrest was working. We would decide when to deliver baby at that point.

Thursday comes and I go in, still very swollen, bp was still up. Lab work looked good, but because my bp was still up despite the bedrest the doctor decided we would be delivering the next day! I was so scared. I was having this baby 3 weeks early! We didn't have any nb or premie clothes because we didn't know how big she'd be now we were definitely going to have at least some NBs.

Birth Story

Friday comes and we go through our normal routine. I am grouchy and tired because I had to fast from 2am the night before. I had my last drink at 11pm the night before and last food 6pm the night before. I was starving and thirsty and staring daggers at Alex and Chris every time they ate or drank something.

I check into the hospital at 2pm. I get taken back and start getting prepped. My veins would not cooperate. Two nurses tried to get the iv going and failed. They then had anesthesia come in a try. He had to try 3 times before he got it. They dosed me with 2 bags of IV fluid in the short amount of time that was left before I was scheduled to be in surgery.

I was wheeled back and they started trying to get my epidural in. The anesthesiologist tried no less than 10 times to get the epidural in. It hurt so bad even with the 6 shots of local they gave me. It hurt so much I came super close to asking them to just put me to sleep instead of doing the epi. Finally, he got it and very quickly I started feeling relief and just wanted to lay down and take a nap. I was freezing and asked for 4 or 5 blankets. Finally, comfy.

My doctor came in and we were ready to begin. It was so fast. I don't remember my section going that quickly with Alex. I could hear when she started cutting, and it seemed that within 3 minutes Annabeth was out. At 4:52 pm she was here. She was so tiny, but she cried the moment she hit the cold air in the room. Her lungs were powerful! I teared up and smiled... we did it again. We made a beautiful little person and brought it into the world--- a girl. It was so surreal.

Over our hospital stay we struggled with breastfeeding. I started pumping to get my milk in. She lost 11 oz by the time we left and we had to supplement with formula since she wouldn't latch to try to get her weight up. We're not perfect, but she and I are still pumping and still working on BF .

Pictures

My friend Megan came over yesterday and took a session for us. So far these are the photos she has loaded...

March 31st, 2011, 02:55 PM
lindsaylyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Adorable pics!
March 31st, 2011, 03:18 PM
WillfulGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's beautiful, congrats!

March 31st, 2011, 06:25 PM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gorgeous pictures!

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
April 1st, 2011, 02:24 AM
Veteran
She is so beautiful! I'm surprised you didn't end up smacking that anestheseologist! What an ordeal! So glad you are both doing well!

April 8th, 2011, 05:30 AM
wintereast's Avatar Theresa334
Congrats! Very cute pics! That sounds terrible about all the sticks...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search