Log In Sign Up

Birth of Brayden Gregory Stewart :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2011, 07:22 AM
Posts: n/a

12 weeks 1 day (first ultrasound)

We found out he was a he

The day my life began

This is Brayden Born March 29th 4:59pm, 7 pounds 5.5 ounces, 20 inches long.

Around noon on March 28th I realized I had slight leaking, but at the time I didn't think too much of it because the day before I had gone in for the same leaking, except it was way less, so I had assumed it was the same thing. Justin had worked all day and got off work around 11pm. All through the day I had noticed the leaking, right when we hopped into bed I had told Justin that the leaking was back, except it has been happening since noon. He gave me the look of death jumped out of bed got dressed grabbed his cell phone charger and a book to read, and said we had to go. Now I know it was dumb but I honestly did fight him on going, I knew they were going to send me home, I knew I would have gone home sad because they would have told me not yet, so I didn't want to go, after about 15 minutes of fighting him about going, I got my PJ pants on, a big t-shirt, and my flip flops on. Left my cell phone, and wallet at home because I knew they were sending me home. We get to the birthing center, I explain what had been happening, they set me up in room 101 to a monitor, and to two strip tests to check for amniotic fluid, but both come back inconclusive, so they ran an amniosure test to get a better look at things. After 39 minutes of waiting, our nurse comes in and calmly says 'Well we got the test results back. . .annnd your water broke' I was SO sure it would ocme back negative again, I look at Justin, my heart races my body temperature started raising and I got the shakes like no other, the nurse says 'We are going to get your IV ready and get your pitocin, so we can get things going. . .' we called my mom, and dad and Justin's mom and dad and by this time it was 1:30 we had gone in at midnight. So after calling who we wanted at the hospital, and called my doula, which we found out was sick so she was planning on sending our back up which she turned out to be a jerk. . .I don't like her at all. . .anyways at 9am my OB comes in and explains that they need to get this labor going quickly because the risk of infection is much greater because my membranes have been exposed for over a 12 hour period, so they were upping my pitocin. I got checked on at noon, and was at 2 cm dilated, 90% effaced and then an hour later I was 8cm! And they upped my pit again. Around 3pm I got checked again and I was then 3cm dilated 90% effaced and I got the talk from the doula and a few nurses that FTM's usually take 2-3 hours to push. . .which freaked me out. . .lol so at 3:30 I got the EPI and they had to try 4 times to get it in th right spot because I kept moving. . .and around 4 I was done with it, and layed back down in bed. I started getting the light urge to push, and as the seconds went by the more I had to fight myself NOT to push, by this time I was breathing like a freight train. . .lol At about a quarter after 4pm my OB gave the OK to push, they pulled my legs back he said 'deep breath! annnnd push!!!' my first time ever pushing. . .and after 45 minutes of pushing I made it through the ring of fire, felt the head come out, and the rest of his body and the OB put this beautiful, beautiful little boy on my chest, and my eyes filled with tears, I looked at my mom and my boyfriend both had tears running down their cheeks, all I could say was 'Guys. . .it's him!' On March 29th at 7 pounds 5.5 ounces, 20 inches long, Brayden Gregory Stewart got welcomed into this crazy world.

Last edited by Ashley11; April 1st, 2011 at 10:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
April 1st, 2011, 10:33 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,064
And he's absolutely gorgeous. Congrats again!

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
Reply With Quote
April 1st, 2011, 04:06 PM
WillfulGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,015
He is such a cutie, congrats!!

Reply With Quote
April 3rd, 2011, 03:29 PM
toasty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: california
Posts: 7,713
wow thats great! sounds like everything went pretty smoothly, and sounds like it went pretty fast after you go the epi! awesome!

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you~ Unknown ~

Reply With Quote
April 5th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Angela85's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South Jordan, Utah
Posts: 2,125
Congrats, awesome story!

Reply With Quote
April 8th, 2011, 04:43 AM
wintereast's Avatar Theresa334
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northeast
Posts: 2,156
Aww congrats! Sorry you didn't like your back up Doula though thats annoying!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0