Jude Martin's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2011, 08:56 AM
ANGWife
My EDD was 3/28. I had my 40 week OB appt. on 3/29. At that time I was 3cm and 50% effaced. That night, I woke at about 11:30 with a painful contraction. I had never had one strong enough to wake me. But I went back to sleep. Then I woke up every 10 minutes for the next hr. So I decided to get up and start counting them. As I was getting up (total deja vu from DS1), I felt a pop. I managed to make it to the toilet and my water fully broke. I put on a pad but was already soaking thru it after just a few minutes. I woke DH to let him know what had happened.

After such a lame start with Henry (water broke but no contractions), we decided awhile ago that I would try to labor more at home. We called my BIL (who thankfully had off work the next day) to come over and stay with Henry. I was trying to double check hospital bags, etc. while DH took a shower. And the contractions started coming fast, about 3-4 a minute. We decided it would be best to just go in. Meanwhile, I was thru my 2nd pad so I grabbed one of Henry's diapers instead!

We got to the hospital at about 1:30am. I was hooked up and checked. Was still only 3cm. So they left me to labor awhile. Contractions were painful but I could deal. My mom showed up at 3ish. My nurse was an angel. She spent a great deal of time in my room, helping me thru contractions. DH and I founds a good rhythm if he breathed in my face so I could mimic him. He later told me he felt he was going to pass out a few times haha. I tried my best to focus on his eyes and he held my hand. My mom (who is TOTALLY not NCB encouraging) kept having to leave the room because she couldn't stand seeing me in so much pain. And when she was next to me, I could tell she just wanted to help but all she seemed to do was rub my leg and I hated that. I asked her to stop and she did, but I guess in the heat of the moment she forget and was doing it again. DH had to keep reminding her not to touch my leg. I also kept having these flashes of Henry and wanting to be with him so badly.

Then the intensity hit. OMG I thought I was just going to die right there in the bed. My biggest challenge was trying not to cry because I knew if I did, I wouldn't be able to control my breathing. I kept moaning "help me. Ed help me" over and over. The contractions got even worse. I couldn't take them anymore and I asked for the epi. DH was trying to talk me out and convinced me to at least get checked to see how much progress I had made. They checked and I was 6-7cm. I think about this time I was transitioning because every time I thought they couldn't get worst, they did.

So they went to call the anesthesiologist. Now I was raising my voice. I kept asking "where is he?" I later learned that he was on call and was at home when they called him. I had thought they would just call him from downstairs or something. Every one was hiding this info from me (thank gosh, right?). I started to feel more pressure. My OB finally got there and checked me again and then left the room to get ready. I was 8cm. I knew then that I was getting no epi. Here is where I was screaming, "something is happening!" Apparently you could hear me thru out the whole floor. My mom was in the hallway and saw the doctor book it back to my room.

I was 10cm. Carts start rolling in. Nurses fill the room. They lower the table. I screamed in pain with each push. DH's eyes were humungous. This birth was happening so much faster and I was WAY WAY more vocal this time. Just a few pushes and he was out. I went from 8cm to delivery in 11 minutes. He was born @5:57am, weighing 7 lbs even, and 20 in long

I couldn't believe how perfect his head was shaped or at how little he was. They tested him a little longer than I would have liked, but they said he had a small amount of fluid in his lungs that concerned them. But afterwards they said he was fine. I tore just a small amount that didn't require stitches. SO much different from the 3 way episiotomy I had with DS1. I was very pleased at how I felt afterwards. No back pain from an epi. I could walk easier.

While I'm proud of myself for having the NCB, I also feel a bit disappointed because I truly was going to get an epi if there had been time. Maybe it's just because I'm having some baby blues but I don't feel as empowered as I thought I would have. But like I said the recovery for my body and how alert Jude had been was such a relief.

Last edited by ANGWife; April 4th, 2011 at 01:09 PM.
April 4th, 2011, 11:26 AM
amanda_jane15's Avatar Super Mommy
Way to go on NCB! this was my first time doing it and I'm so glad I did! Feel proud that you did it girl, even if you wanted the epi! I'm sure you did awesome!

Thank you Sharon for my siggy!
April 4th, 2011, 02:09 PM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
aww Morgan! He is sooo cute! Your birth story is amazing!

My Blog
Me: 27, PCOS, ENDO, RPL, severe vitamin D defficiency
Him: 36, severe MFI post VR but counts climbing

2006-2015 7+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body.
We are done actively TTC.
Moving forward with NTNP until we can do IVF in 2017

April 4th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You did an amazing! I'm sure most NB moms want the epi at some point in their labor. He is just perfect and so tiny. Congrats again.
April 4th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great story! I really enjoyed it and Carolyn is so right, you look great! He's such an adorable little guy and I loved all the pics.

You did it! Great job!

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
April 5th, 2011, 09:59 PM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to JediRach
Morgan, he's adorable! How is Henry adjusting?

April 8th, 2011, 01:36 AM
bittersweet's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He totally looks like Henry!! I felt I could feel your pain reading that. WOW. That was one fast and intense delivery! I can imagine what you mean about the disappointment in expecting an epidural then not getting one. But you have a beautiful baby boy that you brought into this world feeling every ounce of your body working. There is something amazing about that.

Tags
march 11 birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search