Log In Sign Up

Cicily James' grand entrance into our world

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2011, 12:52 AM
mama_aud26's Avatar Mommy of 2 girls!
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 543
This is my second pregnancy but the first with my husband. I got a membrane sweep on Thursday, March 31st. I had already lost tons of sticky strands of my mucus plug, then after about 24 hours I started to have bloody show- and a lot of it! Around 10pm on Saturday, April 2nd I was home alone (DH works swing shift for the police department and Brielle- my 2 year old- was spending the night with my family because I was so uncomfortable and in pain that I could barely make it up the stairs alone, much less care for a toddler!) and I used the bathroom- #1 AND #2! That made me realize for sure that something would be happening soon, because I had loose stools the morning I went into labor with DD. After washing my hands, I went to get up onto my bed...and SQUIRT! I felt wetness in my undies. I knew I had just peed, so I thought either the baby moved and let some urine out that was kinda cut off in my urethra behind her head or something like that, so I tried to pee again and nothing came out. I put on new panties and sure enough, I kept leaking!

I packed everything else I needed in my hospital bag, called my dad and he convinced me to go to the hospital. I didn't want DH to get off work early if it was just a false alarm so I called my brother and his best friend (he is basically my other brother) to take me to the hospital after they finished at In N Out. (I told them no hurry, I wanted to stay home as long as possible anyway- but knew that if my water broke, I wouldn't be coming home because the baby would need to come out within 24 hours so I'd probably be induced). I signed some papers in the ER and they sent me to the maternity ward where I went straight into a labor and delivery room and changed into the hospital gown. I wish I had known then that my water had actually broken because I would've used the nightie I brought to labor and deliver in! oh well. The nurse (she had an English accent- it was so cute!) So the nurse did the swab-thing to test the fluid leaking out of me to see if it was amniotic fluid or urine and immediately she said "yep your water broke! You're not leaving without a baby" and I was totally in shock!!!!!!!!!!!! I was thanking God I brought the diaper bag and my overnight bag (even though I left them in the car) and had DD spending the night with my family. I had been texting DH (he texts and sometimes calls me while he's at work if he isn't out on an important call) and he didn't reply when I told him my water broke, then he didn't answer when I called him so I figured he was doing something important. When he called back he was SO EXCITED! It turns out he saw my text while him and some other officers had over a dozen gang members in custody and he had to run off saying "my wife's water broke!! I gotta get to the hospital!" I thought that was so cute being all dramatic.. he called his sergeant and let him know and everything then rushed home to shower and change then come to the hospital.

By the time he got to the hospital I was already hooked up to the IV for fluids and the penicillin I needed because I tested positive for Strep B. The penicillin HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It felt like my bones were on fire and melting!!!!! It was the most painful part of my entire labor. I didn't have any cervical change from midnight until about 4am so I got started on pitocin. The contractions started to intensify and I actually had to concentrate through them, and about 2 hours later I got the epidural before I was too uncomfortable. Apparently I don't progress hardly at all without the epidural because with DD I went from 3cm to almost 6 in 15 excruciating hours.

After the epidural, I was SO HAPPY!!!!! I was itching everywhere though- I felt like a crackhead. Even DH was making fun of me and looking at me like I was crazy, he said he would arrest me if he saw me on the streets acting like that lol. I progressed very quickly after that and even got some sleep. It was hilarious when I had some other people (MIL, my dad, brother, sister, etc.) come in and out of the room because I had horrific gas! It wasn't stinky toots, just really really loud and a lot of them! I am one of those rarely fart kinda people, I burp a ton though, and when I do have gas it's usually silent. Not these ones! I was ripping them left and right, with zero control over them. Even the nurse was laughing. It was hilarious. My family and I think farts are funny so it's cool lol!

Around 10am the nurse had me push a few times to see if we could get the last little lip of cervix to dilate, to no avail but about an hour and a half later it was gone and I got to start pushing!!!!!!!! We had all posted our guesses on DH's Facebook status and he guessed she would be born at 11:56am, and he posted that guess about 5 hours before!! I pushed through two contractions and then the doctor came in. MIL was there taking pictures and my dad was there filming it, and DH was saying that she had dark hair and they could see her head so I asked for a mirror, thinking they would just give me a hand mirror to check it out for a second. But no! They had a mirror on a stand and set it up so I could watch her be born it helped a lot having that visual because I could kid of "aim" where I was pushing. She was out one contraction and about 4 pushes later! I think I pushed for maybe 10 minutes total.

Cicily James was born on April 3, 2011 at 11:56am weighing 8lb 13oz and measuring 20in long she is beautiful. A good sleeper, decent eater (still working on staying awake for two whole boobies full!), and a totally sweet easy going snuggly cuddle bug baby we are IN LOVE with her! Even big sister is crazy about her and asks "where's my baby sister?" first thing every morning. They are precious together.
Reply With Quote
April 11th, 2011, 06:57 AM
WillfulGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,015
Sounds like a great experience, congrats!!

Reply With Quote
April 11th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 1,551
Wow! What a perfect story!!! I am so happy for you!! I hope mine goes this smoothly.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0