Jacob's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2011, 07:42 AM
LovingMyLittleMan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My original due date was May 3rd, 2011. The first 2 trimesters of my pregnancy werenít too bad. I did start swelling very early on in the pregnancy but I guess I just figured it was normal. My 3rd trimester became unbelievably miserable for me. I had extreme swelling every single day, nothing would make it go down. Around April 3rd I started having a constant pain in my upper abdomen right under my boobs. It hurt just to breathe, nothing made this pain go away. I kept telling myself I thought it was just how the baby was positioned but deep down I could tell something wasnít right. Also around April 3rd my urine was a dark orange color. Even when I wiped, the toilet paper was orange. This also told me something was wrong. My original appointment was for Thursday April 7th but I called and changed it to Wednesday April 6th. I had no idea my son would be born that day.
I got to my appointment signed in and did my urine sample. When I got called back I asked the nurse why my urine was that dark orange color. She said she wasnít sure but that there was protein in my urine. I knew that was a sign of pre-eclampsia so I asked her if I could possibly have that and she said she wasnít sure, that my blood pressure would better answer that question. She took my blood pressure and told me it was very high. She hurried me into the room and went to talk to my Dr about it. I canít remember exactly but I think my blood pressure was around 170/90 at this point. My Dr came in and examined me and did the strep B test then told me to get dressed and he would come back and talk to me. When he came back in the room he told me to go straight to labor and delivery and he gave me paper work to give to the nurses so they would know what to do. He said if my blood pressure didnít go down that I would be delivering tomorrow by inducement or c-section.
I got to labor and delivery and started being monitored. My husband and mom met me there. I did a urine sample and blood work and got hooked up to the monitors. By this point I was a little worried but not too much. My Dr came in the room about an hour after me being there and said, Cynthia, we need to get this baby out now. This is when I started freaking out. The highest I remember my blood pressure getting was 196/106. All of a sudden there were nurses and other people surrounding me trying to hurry up and get me prepped for the c-section. This was so extremely scary and overwhelming. Then my Dr tells me I have to be completely put to sleep because my platelets were too low and he said my husband couldnít be in the operating room. I completely lost it at this point and just started balling. I got prepped and ready for surgery and wheeled down to the operating room. Once again, there were a ton of people surrounding me doing different things trying to get everything ready. Then I remember falling asleep.
I remember waking up in the recovery room in extreme pain and extremely thirsty. They gave me pain meds so that helped with pain. Then my husband came in and showed me pictures of our son. I didnít believe that was him. I mean I was just pregnant and all of a sudden Iím seeing pictures of him. I also remember thinking he was to perfect to be my son. I immediately fell in love with him.
I was then wheeled to a regular room and was put on a magnesium drip for 48 hours. I couldnít eat real food or get out of the bed the entire time. That was the worst 48 hours of my life. The mag makes you feel absolutely terrible. Not only could I not eat or get out of bed, but I couldnít meet my son until I was off the meds. This was so hard for me, I didnít think I would make it through those 48 hours. If it werenít for my husband, I would NOT have made it through. He was absolutely amazing. He helped me with everything. Everytime he went to the NICU to see Jacob, he brought back pictures and videos for me to see.
When I finally got off the mag, I was taken to another room and I slowly started getting out of bed and walking. When you are stuck in bed for 2 days, it really is difficult to walk when you are finally able to. I slowly got my strength back and I was so glad to be off the mag. I finally got to go meet my son but it was extremely difficult because I was so weak and dizzy that I couldnít even hold him the first day or so.
Even when I finally got released and got home, it still took me a couple days to get over the affects of the magnesium. My Dr told me what would happen if we didnít do that emergency c-section. All I remember him saying was I could have a stroke or seizure and they may not have been able to stop the bleeding. I donít know full details of exactly what would have happened and honestly, I donít want to know, not now anyways. I can say though, that Jacob will be our only child. I canít put my life at risk again. I would do it all over for him though if I had to. This is really just a rough draft birth story. Hopefully one day I can do a better one. (oh and I've lost 23 ponds since having him!)

Photobucket is down right now....will post pics soon.
April 12th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How scary! I'm glad you and Jacob both are doing better now! HUGS

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
April 12th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Serendipity3

How scary for you! So glad he got here safe.
April 12th, 2011, 08:28 AM
eva_luvs_dave's Avatar team green!
Def scary but glad you are doing better and Jacob is as well! Can't wait to see pics
April 12th, 2011, 08:32 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
So glad he's here safe and sound and that you're on the road to recovery.

April 12th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Leah W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds like such a scary experience! I'm so glad you both made it out okay.

April 12th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry you had such a scary experience. I hope you're feeling better now and enjoying time with your son.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
April 12th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Randijo2's Avatar Mommy of 4
I'm sad for you that it had to go down that way. It seems like though, the dr. should've somehow caught this bp issue sooner??? Was it always okay at your appts up until that point? Sometimes if these things are caught earlier on they won't get so bad because they can be treated. But I am not doctor, just saying! I've already seen pictures on FB and he is adorable!! He looks nice and healthy and chunky. Is it almost time for him to come home?

Oh and congrats again!!

April 12th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Pinkee~'s Avatar All girl momma!
I was wondering the same thing Randi. She had posted in another thread that the bp was ok/normal up til this point though? Still so odd with all the swelling and whatnot.

Congrats Cynthia and I hope baby boy gets to come home soon!

April 12th, 2011, 09:15 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, how incredibly scary. I can't imagine how those 48 hours were for you...I'm so sorry you had to go through that. But I'm happy that you and Jacob are doing well now.

Can't wait to see pics! Thanks for posting your story.

April 12th, 2011, 12:33 PM
SuperMommy to 5
What a scary experience that must've been. Glad that you and Jacob are doing well. Can't wait to see pics!
Me (32) + DH (32) = DD (10), DS (8), DS (6), DD (4) & Tiebreaker... Baby Boy born May 23, 2011 @ 8:03am weight 7lbs 5ozs height 18.5"

April 12th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow that sounds really rough and scary for you, but I'm so glad to hear you're both okay and you're recovering! Thoughts & prayers for you!!

April 12th, 2011, 04:29 PM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
I'm glad you are both okay!!

I went down the same road, except they never really told me how serious I got. My liver enzymes elevated REALLY high and my bp was up and protein kept raising with each test. They took Jackson @ 37wks, thankfully it all went well. I had dealt with the testing and monitoring from 30wks, it was SO frustrating and tiring. We also said Jackson would be our only child bc of it... buttttt 2.5yrs later, we welcomed our daughter into the world and had a completely healthy pregnancy, with only a bump or 2 on the way. I was SO scared her entire pregnancy, i was even put on antianxiety meds bc of it... anyways, everything is still so raw now but maybe later on, you might reconsider There is also testing that came done (i'd have to google it, i did a looottt of research before we had DD) and drs to talk to etc.

As you can see i'm on my 3rd pregnancy and so far, no pre-e either.. so there is hope!

Anyways, congrats again! I'm sorry you had to go through that.

April 13th, 2011, 05:32 PM
moonmama03's Avatar Reese Gabriel due 5/15/11
Oh hun, that 48 hrs had to be the absolute hardest. I wish you the best recovery and everyday full of happiness with your new little one! Cant wait to see the pics!

April 13th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Mommy to girls
Congrats! I hope both of you are doing great!!
April 13th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Sota's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow what a scary experience you had. I am so glad that you and Jacob are both doing well now. He is adorable. Congratulations!!
April 14th, 2011, 07:16 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
I'm so glad that you are home and taking care of your son now. I couldn't imagine what it's like to be in that situation. You are a very strong woman and did an awesome job and keeping your cool for as long as you did.

Again, Congrats on your baby boy!!

April 14th, 2011, 09:14 AM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
That really is scary, I am sorry it was so traumatic I am happy that you are both home safe now and you can enjoy your precious baby!!!
April 14th, 2011, 06:29 PM
gypsystar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad he is safe and sound! I was so traumatized by my first delivery it was awful. I know it feels so good to have that little baby safe in your arms.

Pre-e is so scary to deal with . If you do decide to have more children someday hopefully you won't get it with any subsequent pregnancies. I've only had it with 1 pregnancy, my 2nd. I was sure I was going to have it last time with Julian. I even had one little high BP scare at 37 weeks with Julian but it was totally from anxiety, I never swelled or had any protein in my urine.

Your pee so dark orange is a sign of dehydration, I've had orange pee my entire pregnancy b/c I have such a difficult time drinking. It is a bit disconcerting to see orange on the tp every time I wipe but so far I haven't had any sugar or protein spill into my urine *crossing fingers*.

Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)

April 15th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That sounds so scary!! I'm so happy that you and baby are doing good! Congrats!!

Mama to 3 boys and expecting #4 on 5/1/2013
14 DPO: HCG- 64.2 Progesterone:12.9
19 DPO: HCG- 887
Started progesterone supplements 8/28 (20 DPO)
27 DPO: HCG- 11,214 Progesterone: 15.8
1st U/S & 1st OB appointment- 9/10/2012 ~ HB 126 and baby looks good so far!!

Tags
may 11 bumblebee births

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search