Luke Matthew- 3/14/11

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So, Monday afternoon I had my midwife appointment. She told me that I was almost 5 cm, very stretchy, and that my bag was about to go. She thought I would have a baby very soon, and told me to go to L&D right away when I started having contractions. After the appointment we went to the pet store to show Logan some fish, and I started having contractions soon thereafter. We took Logan back to my parents house, grabbed a couple of things, and left for the hospital.

We checked in to the hospital at about 5pm, and the on-call midwife came in to examine me. Just as she was checking my cervix, my water broke. I started using the birth ball during contractions, and walking the halls. We saw a Lamaze class touring the birth center with the teacher we had during Logan's pregnancy. After they turned the corner I told Michael "Darn. I shoulda screamed bloody murder and scared the crap out of them! " lol.

At around 7:30pm my midwife came in again. She said that they suspected I had some "forebag" left and that's why I'd kinda stalled at 6cm. (Never even heard of it!) And sure enough, another big gush came out when she felt around.

From that point on, my labor progressed very quickly. They wanted to put a saline block in my arm, but I told them to wait. I never had one with Logan, and didn't really know much about them other than it was mainly for pain meds and c-sections. At around 8:20pm I started having really hard contractions, and as they got closer together and more difficult to manage, I told them that I thought I was getting close. Sure enough, I was 9 cm. My midwife had me sit on the bed and pull my knees in to try to bring the baby down. Within a few minutes, I was ready to push. By that point, all I wanted was for the pain to stop. I kind of went into another place and just kept saying "Please, baby, please. Please come out," over and over again. And sure enough, after a few pushes he was here. It was over and I had my chubby little guy on my belly. He was 8 lbs 6 oz and 19 1/2 inches long!

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]

Tags
march 11 birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search