Joshua Robert's birth story 3/4/11

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2011, 06:45 PM
adamsgirl
I hadn't planned on doing his birth story, but I decided I wanted to so I would have it in writing so I don't forget anything...

His birth story starts waaay before he was born, January 7th...

I went to the hospital because I hadn't felt him moving very much and found out I was contracting regularly. This was at 28 weeks, I was then back at the hospital with contractions that I couldn't feel 6 more times before I was put on bed rest with a terbutaline pump and at home monitoring at 30 1/2 weeks. Because of the complete placenta previa the contractions needed to stop! The terb pump helped with contractions, but didn't stop them completely. Feb. 22 my doctor's office called and told me the terbutaline pump had been pulled from the market and to stop it immediately. That was a kind of scary phone call! So I was off meds but still on bedrest at this point. Feb 24, I was back at the hospital and having HUGE contractions. My doctor put me on procardia, which again slowed contractions but not completely and not as much as the terbutaline. I was then in the hospital the next 2 nights with more big contractions and was given steroid shots for Josh's lungs, this was at 35 weeks. At my OB appt. March 1 the doctor told me he didn't think I'd make it to 37 weeks, little did I know i was only a few days away!

We're getting closer to his birth I promise...

March 3rd I went to the hospital with contractions every 5 minutes that hurt and were hard to breathe through! After lots of medicine and a night in the hospital, I was given the ok to go home March 4th at 5 in the morning with contractions 10 minutes apart. The doctor told me to come back if they got as bad as the night before. So, right on cue that night the contractions came back and were hurting and hard to breathe through again.

Here comes the birth part!

March 4th at 10:30pm, I went to the hospital with contractions, again, and this time my actual doctor was on call, so he decided to check me to see if the contractions were changing my cervix. He preceded checking me with, if I was 1-2 or soft then Josh would be coming then! so he checked me, which was sooo uncomfortable and I was 2-3 cm dilated and "very soft". He said we should do the c-section then, within the next hour an a half, by 11:15 I was in the OR getting the epidural and at 11:39 on 3/4/2011 our big baby boy was born! He was born just shy of 36 weeks, by 21 minutes, weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and 20.5 inches long! My doctor was shocked he was so big! He needed oxygen for 4 hours and spent the night on a warming table, but that was all the help he needed! I lost a lot of blood during the c-section b/c the placenta was right there and got cut when he made the incision in my uterus and definitely a complete previa, I lost 1500 cc's of blood and a normal c-section looses 500-600 cc's. I had a blood transfusion the next day and felt like a brand new mommy and was able to hold my little boy for the first time!

After almost 2 months of being in and out of the hospital, on bed rest and being monitored it took an hour and 9 minutes to actually have my little boy delivered! Here's a picture of my baby boy at birth...

May 14th, 2011, 11:35 AM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aimee I have been looking for you to find an update on you hun.. Your little guy is so cute.. I am so sorry to hear about all the complications you had and the scary csection, but I am so happy and glad that you are both safe and healthy now.. He is adorable.. I enjoyed reading your story...

Tags
march 11 birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search