Joshua Fraser's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Super Mommy
I thought I should get on this before we become a playgroup....

On March 10, I was feeling particulary ambitious and decided that it would be a good time to put the infant car seat in the van, sweep out the garage and get some spring cleaning in. I was feeling great. That night I walked to my DD1's school for parent teacher interviews at 6pm and noticed that I was having a few mild contractions, but nothing consistent. Later that evening, I would have random contractions, but nothing that we could time. We went to bed at 9pm.

At midnight I woke up to some farily strong contractions. I went to the bathroom and noticed some blood. I was a bit paranoid since I have never had any bleeding or even spotting with any of my pregnancies. I went back to bed, but didn't really sleep since I kept getting up to make sure I wasn't bleeding any worse. The contractions were starting to get a bit worse, but not quite consistent. At 1:30am I woke up DH and told him that I think we needed to start getting ready to get to the hospital since my contractions were picking up and I was still bleeding. By the time DH got showered, my contractions were about 5 minutes apart. We got to the hospital at about 2:30am, and we were booked into triage. They checked me and I was 5 cms. There were no labor and delievery rooms available, so I had to labor in triage for 2 hours. It sucked. There was a girl in there (beds are only separated by a curtain), that was crying and sobbing about how much it hurt...I felt like yelling "you're having a baby, it's gonna hurt, suck it up!" It was so annoying. Anyhow, I had to get an IV since I was strep B positive. The triage nurse and two other nurses tried 6 times to get the IV in and finally on the 7th try, they got it in. My hands/arms were a mess. And of course by that time my contrations were every 1-2 minutes apart. By then I was 7cms, with bulging waters.

I finally got into a labor and delivery room at 4:30am. My dr asked me if I wanted to wait out the antibiotics (another 4 hours) or if I wanted her to break my water and get this over with. By that time I was in pain with contractions coming constantly. They hurt like crazy, and for a bit I was thinking that I needed an epidural. It was so hard becuase you don't know if you have another hour left or another 5 hours left. Anyhow, DH and I decided that I needed to get this baby out sooner rather than later, so we got her to break my water. I thought that this little peanut would come flying out after breaking my water like his sister did, but that wasn't the case. He was way too comfy and way too high up. So I had to go through another hour of contractions, getting to 10 cm before I could push. Since he was sitting so high up, I had no help from him in dialating, so it went so much slower than with my other two babies. Finally at about 6:15am I finally had the urge to start pushing, and after about 5 pushes, Josh was born!! He was born at 6:25am. He was 7 lbs, 11oz and 21 inches long. I honestly could not believe that we had a boy!! I really thought it was going to be girl #3 for us. He was the sweetest thing ever!!!

Since he was so high up, it was the strangest feeling to feel him come from so high up, pass through the birth canal so fast, and out. I never felt that with either of my DD's. And because of this, my uterus didn't contract on it's own after the birth. I started bleeding quite heavily, and the delivery nurse couldn't get the bleeding to stop. I'm talking like gushes of blood - I walked to the shower, and the amount of blood on the floor was insane - it was disgusting. So after an hour, the dr had to come back and literally "clean-out" my uterus with her hand. OMG, did it hurt. I cried and cried because it hurt so bad - I think it hurt more than the actual delivery. But whatever she did, it did the trick, and my uterus started to contract and the bleeding started to get better.

We stayed in the hospital for one night and we brought our little bundle home the following day. His sister's were so excited to welcome him home and were most excited that we finally had a name for our baby - they were really scared the baby would never have a name. He's really, truly completes our family!

; ; ; ;

Tags
march 11 birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search