.clayton john's birth story.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to .nicole.
.so, it all started saturday.after dh begged me to dtd (i was less than interested) i got steady contractions every 2-5 minutes apart lasting 1 minute or more.finally after like 3 hours at home, decided to go in and be checked.went in, lady said i was only 1 1/2 cm's dilated and 50% effaced.she had me go walk for 2 hours and come back, came back, only 2 cm's dilated and 50% effaced, needless to say, i went home.ugh.was so disappointed!!.then monday dh convinced me again to dtd, again constant contractions, but i decided not to go in and they just went away.went in for my 39 week appt. on wednesday the 13th with nurse/midwife luna (heard she's good at jump starting labor!!), and she checked me, still only 2 cm's dilated and 75% effaced.she scraped my membranes and sent me on my way with an appt. the following monday to see her.i was really really discouraged, everyone said how bad getting your membranes scraped hurt, and mine wasn't all that bad.i mean it wasn't comfortable by any means, but i didn't cringe in pain either.she said i'd probably cramp and bleed.this was at like noon, i get home, and NOTHING.finally around 430-ish i started getting a tiny bit crampy, never did bleed at all and the contractions didn't seem to be getting worse and were extremely sporadic.around 7ish they got regular and really started hurting (my dh works swing shift so he was at work), so i took christopher upstairs and started his bath, that was HARD!.i'd have to get up and pace around and really breathe, he thought this was funny and was copying me .luckily dh got 'cut back' aka got to go home early, so he got home right after i had put christopher to sleep.we took a shower and they were steady and hurting a lot worse.finally around 1030-ish i told him we better go in and get checked, so he called our friends tammy and george and tammy came over to the house so we didn't have to wake christopher up to take to her house.i had contractions the whole way to the hospital, it SUCKED!!.anyways, got there, got all hooked up to the monitors.they monitored me for 20 minutes, of course it showed steady strong contractions so then a nurse came in to check me.was not fond of her at ALL.she was a real witch.she literally stood there tapping her foot with a pissed off look waiting for my contraction to end so she could check me.ugh.anyways, she checked me and i was full on ready to here 'you're only 3 1/2', well to my shock i was 7-8.so they got me all ready and headed over to a delivery room (i was in the triage part of l&d).contractions hurt SO bad.i get there, get in the gown and all hooked up, iv's in, etc..then they did bloodwork so they could do my epidural.that lady took FOREVER i was so scared she wouldn't get there in time for me to get one.it was ALL back labor, yet again.and i seriously felt like i was dieing!!.they kept telling me how good i was doing and i kept telling them 'no i'm not!!'.anyways, epidural lady finally got there, she was less than friendly as well, ugh, barely said 2 words to me!!.luckily my epidural worked this time and as soon as it kicked in i was in HEAVEN!!.after about an hour or so (i wasn't really watching the time!), they came in to check me, and she's like 'he's right there, are you ready to push' and i was like 'heck yeah!' haha so then dh and my friend becca each go to grab a leg, and as they brought my legs up, the contraction started pushing him out, the nurse was like 'DONT MOVE!' and yelling at the other nurses to call the dr.haha.the dr got in there, and my contractions just kept on pushing him out, i gave one tiny push for his shoulders and that was it, they didn't even have time to break down the bed!!.so, clayton arrived at 0305 am thursday april 14, weighing in at 7lbs 4.9 oz and 19.1" long, just a tiny bit smaller than christopher!.i wish i could say my recovery has been as easy as the delivery, but not so much!!.all day thursday i had the WORST headache, and they just kept alternating tylenol and motrin, and it didn't touch it.finally they gave me 2 percocet (ugh!) and some iv something or other.that just made me REALLY loopy and i ended up barfing for hours, had to get a shot in the but to stop the barfing.i was NOT happy.i got to go home friday afternoon around 3ish, which was AWESOME.woke up saturday with the SAME headache, and it really really hurt.finally went into the er, turns out i had a spinal headache, they gave me fluids, then a bag of caffeine (supposed to help) and then that didn't work so the anesthesiologist (spell?) came down and i basically had to get ANOTHER epidural, except they were only able to use ONE numbing shot or else my blood wouldn't clot, and they had to use the SAME exact location that my original epidural was, so my back was KILLING me.anyways, what i got was a blood patch, they put the huge epidural needle into your back (not the catheter) then draw 20cc's of blood from your arm and insert it into your spinal cavity or dura or whatever you call it.most only take 15cc's, i took 17cc's.the relief was instant though as far as my headache went!!.then it was just a SUPER sore back.ouch.i'm still a little sore, not too tired, but definetly not 100% yet.clayton is super mellow thank goodness, and christopher seems to be adjusting fairly well.only a few 'breakdowns' and luckily no aggression towards clayton, in fact he's REALLY protective!!.so yup, just thought i'd share!!.thanks for reading!!.

.thank you natasha for my super cute siggy!.

April 20th, 2011, 05:46 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
eeewww, that spinal headache sounds awful. I've heard those can be really bad. I'm glad you're feeling better, and congratulations on your little one!

[/url]

April 20th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to .nicole.
.thank you so much!!.

.thank you natasha for my super cute siggy!.

April 21st, 2011, 02:49 PM
Super Mommy
Congratulations! Sorry about the headache everything else about the birth sounds great!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search