Kbleks birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2011, 06:47 AM
Super Mommy
So, I should have written this about 6 weeks ago but better late than never!

I was 5 days past my due date and ready to meet my baby. The kids and I were talking about going to the mall to let me do some walking (it was cold and rainy/snowy that day). My 4yo started playing toss the birthing ball with me and I threw it to her and it hit her and knocked her on her butt. We all started cracking up so hard I thought I was going to pee my pants, so I stood up and that's when my water broke at 12:45pm. It went everywhere! I'm not a normal woman and I don't own a ton of shoes, and it flooded out my crocs My kids thought I was joking about my water breaking since it didn't happen with any of my other pregnancies, but they quickly realized that it was the real thing. They decided to call my DH and let him know what happened. I wasn't GPS positive, so I didn't have to rush to the hospital. I decided to take my time at home and wait for contractions. I didn't have to wait long! I ate and showered while I labored, packed my bag, etc. We decided to get some kerosene and some more shoes for me before we headed to the hospital. We got the kerosene, but the contractions were coming too fast for me to get more shoes, so we went to the hospital.
When we got to the hospital at about 5pm, they told me I was only 4cm I was hoping for a natural birth so I was a bit upset because the contractions were really strong but I was still joking around with my husband and the nurse, so still alright.
They put me in a delivery room and started the water in the birthing tub. They wanted to monitor the contractions more, so they strapped me up but told me I could still stand/walk around in the limited space with the cords. I told my husband that I was in alot of pain but I didn't think I could go from 4cm to pushing in an hour.... The nurse needed to draw blood, so she went to wash her hands when all of a sudden I felt the very obvious need to push. The nurse freaked out and told me to get in the bed, but I couldn't because the baby was right there. I'm standing, facing the bed with my hands on the side of it so I can't see behind me, so I asked my husband if he was there ( I didn't want the baby to hit the ground) and he said he was, so I gave a big push and the baby was here!
They laid the baby next to me and handed me the blue sucker outer thingy like I could have done that! My hands were shaking. Anyway, the nurse went to cut the cord and I told her I wanted to delay that, but she said she couldn't because she wasn't a doctor Anyway, they cut the cord and I got into bed to deliver the placenta. By this time I've got a ton of people in the room, but still not my doctor. The nurse gives me a shot to deliver the placenta, but ends up giving me Brethine (sp) instead of whatever she was supposed to give me and my bp goes to 18?/?? I didn't know this at the time though and couldn't figure out why it was so high and I couldn't stop shaking.
Anyway, since no docs were around, she never did get any apgar scores, lol. The doc showed up about 1/2 hour to an hour after the birth. With all the drama going on, noone thought to look at the clock until 6:15pm, but the nurse put down her birth at 6:03. The baby also pooed during the birthing process and then twice more before they weighed her. She didn't get weighed until about 1 - 1 1/2 hours after she was born but by then she was 8lb 5oz. She had busted blood vessels in both her eyes due to the quick birth, but they're fine now. She's perfect in every way!

I'm sure I am forgetting something right now, but those are the highlights! It was a great birth experience for us, except for that shot!
April 23rd, 2011, 12:11 PM
miraclebaby2011
awwww congrats!

Tags
march 11 birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search