Isabelle Grace Birth Story 4/27/2011

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2011, 11:28 AM
mama2boys&girl's Avatar Kaylene
As most of you know I was scheduled for an election induction on 4/27 at 7am.

The day before was spent cleaning and organizing the house before my induction. I was pretty lazy until DH got home from work. When he did we went and did last minute grocery shopping and picked up a few more things we needed before she was born. When we got home I was super tired so I sat down for a little bit. Once I felt like I had more energy I went crazy cleaning the rest of the house and finishing the laundry. I got all the rooms cleaned and vacuumed and was absolutely exhausted by the end. I decided to take a bath before folding all the laundry. Once I got out of the bath we got the boys ready for bed and to sleep. At about 11pm I sat down to fold the laundry and had a "painful" contraction although the pain wasn't bad at all. I continued to fold the laundry and noticed that my contractions were coming every 5 minutes. I told DH and he asked if I wanted to go the hospital. I told him I wanted to wait to see if they lasted longer. After having contractions every 5 minutes for an hour and a half I called the on-call doctor who told me I could go in then and be monitored until my induction or I could wait it out at home. I decided to wait and take a shower to see how I felt. The shower helped so I decided we should go to bed and we would just go in at 7am. Once I got in bed my contractions spaced out to 8 minutes apart before fizzling out all together. 45 minutes later I woke up to a more painful contraction but it wasn't anything I couldn't talk through. I got out of bed to walk around to see if that helped. My contractions were coming exactly every 3 minutes so I decided we should probably go in to the hospital. We called my MIL and left as soon as she got here to watch the boys.

We got to the hospital at 2:15am. We live in a small city and the hospital is not very busy so the nurses were already waiting for me since the on-call doctor told them I might be coming in. They immediately put me in a birthing suite since they weren't going to send me home even if I wasn't in active labor because I was scheduled to be induced. I got changed into a gown and got hooked up the monitors and IV since I wanted an epidural. The nurse checked me after being there for 10 minutes and I was already 6-7 centimeters dilated and completely effaced (I was 3 centimeters dilated and 80% effaced at my last appointment exactly a week before). They said since I was so far progressed that pitocin was not needed for my labor. I got my epidural and then rested for a while. A hour or so later I started feeling really nauseous so the nurse checked me and I was a full 7 centimeters dilated. I felt pretty sad about that since I figured I would have been more. Also, my contractions had spaced out from 2-3 minutes to 3-4 minutes. At this point my epidural had stopped working and I was feeling every contraction again. They were painful but again nothing I couldn't talk through. Not even 5 minutes later I felt the need to throw and up and couldn't stop for like 10 minutes. Once I was done they checked me again and I was 8 centimeters dilated so they called my doctor to come to the hospital. She got there about 6:45 and broke my water and I started throwing up again. Once I was done she checked me and Iwas 10 centimeters and baby was at a +2 station. My doctor went out and fed her son and came back in just after 7am and I was ready to push. I pushed through one contraction and could feel baby coming lower and lower. As soon as the next contraction started I pushed 3 times through it and could feel her crowning. It was pretty uncomfortable feeling her crowning while waiting for the next contraction. As soon as the next contraction came I pushed once to get her head completely out and then the doctor told me to stop (I was very concerned about tearing so my doctor wanted my body to finish and for me not to push). Feeling her whole body come out and the pressure that came along with it was so intense I almost couldn't handle it but it only lasted a few seconds before she was out and the instant relief felt amazing. I had one tiny tear that only required 5 stitches. I never imagined pushing during a contraction would provide so much relief!

Miss Isabelle was born at 7:16am weighing in at 8 pounds 4 ounces. She was 20 inches long. Before checking her stats they put her on my chest. She was so purple I thought she wasn't breathing and she wasn't crying either. The doctor and nurses said she was fine but it did take a long time for her to really start crying. Once she did she pinked up and I felt a lot better. They cleaned her up and daddy and I got to hold her for a while before her bath. She immediately started nursing and had no issues latching on at all! She nursed on both sides for one hour until 9am and then slept without waking up until 2:30pm. She is such good eater and sleeper. We are so blessed.

Recovery has been super easy! Because my epidural wore off before she was born I was able to get up almost immediately to go to the bathroom and get cleaned up and changed. I am hardly having an pain down there which is WAY different than what I experienced after both boys. I couldn't hardly walk after they were born and the epidural took forever to wear off. The only pain I am having is these darn after pains that hurt worse than any of my contractions did.

We got to go home yesterday! Miss Isabelle slept 6 straight hours after waking once to eat at 1am. I had to wake her at 7am to eat because my milk has already come in and my boobs were FULL! She is such a sweetie and is currently napping on my chest!

I am so disappointed this is my last because I truly enjoyed everything about her labor! I wish I could do it again and am so disappointed that I was induced with both of my boys. I never imagined natural labor could be so easy for me!

My mom gets in tonight for a week to help out and we are so excited! I feel like my family is complete! Both boys adore her and want to be kissing her all the time. Braeden isn't too happy about her nursing so he has been trying to pull her off and cover my boob up. He tells her, "no, no" before trying to pull her off. He is going to have a hard time being gentle since he is so young and doesn't understand how fragile she is but we are working on it with him!

The best part about her birthdate is it is the anniversary of the first time my DH (boyfriend then) told me he loved me!

Thanks to all who reads this!
April 29th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Mommy to Lil Miss Boss
Awww such a sweet story! I love that you had such an easy labor, Congrats!!!

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
April 29th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Pinkee~'s Avatar All girl momma!
What a wonderful story! Congrats to you! She sounds amazing! Just a silly word of caution about letting that babygirl sleep to long. I think my second daughter tried doing that and at her 2week apt she either hadnt gained or hadnt gained enough to make the doc happy. I had to start waking her to get her every 3hours to eat cuz she was lazy. Granted the sleep was nice, but I found it didnt benefit baby. Hopefully not the case for you! But yeah, just my silly little story

April 29th, 2011, 12:21 PM
SunLover's Avatar Sheryl
So is it safe to mention pregnancy on Facebook now?? LOL!!

Glad you had such a wonderful experience!! Congratulations on your sweet baby girl!!

Amy, Eric, & Lauren
April 29th, 2011, 04:45 PM
.kelley.'s Avatar formerly kktegan
Send a message via AIM to .kelley.
Great story Kaylene!
April 29th, 2011, 06:17 PM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
Kaylene! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birth!

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
April 29th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Mommy to girls
Great birth story! Congrats on your little princess!!
April 29th, 2011, 11:04 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
Aw I loved your birth story Congrats again!!! Welcome to the world Miss Isabelle

April 30th, 2011, 10:30 AM
LuvMyLwAaMr's Avatar *Heather*
Loved reading your story... I also have 2 boys that I was induced for and am now waiting on baby girl... I hope I go into labor on my own like you did... I'm curious to see how it would go compared to the inductions! Just out of curiousity, how quick was your labor for your boys??

April 30th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
congrats!!!! it is amazing the difference huh! i couldnt believe it! so glad you all are doing great!!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
May 3rd, 2011, 10:13 PM
LovingMyLittleMan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your baby girl!
May 4th, 2011, 08:47 PM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great birth story sweetie!! Congrats on your sweet baby girl, shes just so beautiful!!

I also love how you still dont want us to say anything on facebook about your pregnancy I think its time to upate your siggy!!!
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
May 4th, 2011, 09:08 PM
mznikkieynkay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great birth story Congrats on your baby girl!!

thanks graysMama for my siggy
May 5th, 2011, 12:05 AM
SuperMommy to 5
That was a beautiful story. Glad Miss Isabelle came on her own. Congrats!
Me (32) + DH (32) = DD (10), DS (8), DS (6), DD (4) & Tiebreaker... Baby Boy born May 23, 2011 @ 8:03am weight 7lbs 5ozs height 18.5"

May 5th, 2011, 05:38 AM
eva_luvs_dave's Avatar team green!
Great story, congrats on your baby girl!!
May 8th, 2011, 04:56 PM
mama2boys&girl's Avatar Kaylene
Thanks ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkee~ View Post
What a wonderful story! Congrats to you! She sounds amazing! Just a silly word of caution about letting that babygirl sleep to long. I think my second daughter tried doing that and at her 2week apt she either hadnt gained or hadnt gained enough to make the doc happy. I had to start waking her to get her every 3hours to eat cuz she was lazy. Granted the sleep was nice, but I found it didnt benefit baby. Hopefully not the case for you! But yeah, just my silly little story
Yeah, I have been waking her because my boobs have been getting so full they hurt. Luckily, she has started eating more all on her own and I no longer have to pump because I am so engorged. The longer sleeping periods were nice but definitely not worth engorged boobs or low weight gain! Thank you for sharing your story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunLover View Post
So is it safe to mention pregnancy on Facebook now?? LOL!!

Glad you had such a wonderful experience!! Congratulations on your sweet baby girl!!
Yeah, I definitely need to update my siggy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyLwAaMr View Post
Loved reading your story... I also have 2 boys that I was induced for and am now waiting on baby girl... I hope I go into labor on my own like you did... I'm curious to see how it would go compared to the inductions! Just out of curiousity, how quick was your labor for your boys??
From water broken to birth, I was in labor with my first for 6 hours and 47 minutes. Longer, but bot sure how much longer, from start of pitocin to birth. My second was 5 hours and 33 minutes from water broken to birth but I woke up with my water leaking at 4 in the morning. We got to the hospital at 5am and pitocin was started shortly after. Bad contractions started before my water was broken. I was 3cm dilated and almost completely effaced both times before the inductions were started.

I will cross my fingers that you go on your own and can avoid an induction if that is what you want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromGirltoMommy View Post
Great birth story sweetie!! Congrats on your sweet baby girl, shes just so beautiful!!

I also love how you still dont want us to say anything on facebook about your pregnancy I think its time to upate your siggy!!!
Yes, something I need to update very soon!
May 9th, 2011, 09:05 PM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just popping in to say Congrats on your little princess! I saw your pics on fb and she is beautiful!

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012
May 9th, 2011, 10:44 PM
PennyLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Mama! Sounds like you had an awesome birth - what a blessing

May 31st, 2011, 03:57 PM
gypsystar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wonderful birth story! Congrats on your little girl !

Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)

Tags
may 11 bumblebee births

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search