Maximus Daniel's Birth Story 5-2-11

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2011, 09:17 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
Even though Max was scheduled to come out on May 2nd it was just as exciting as going into labor on my own.

On the morning of May 2nd, after a night of hardly any sleep, I woke up so excited and thrilled that I was finally going to meet my little man. DH and I had a nice relaxing morning at home. I finished packing my bags and we headed to the hospital at about 10:30am. Once we arrived I was put into a room and introduced to my nurse, also named Stephanie. She was fabulous!! She answered all our questions with out hesitation and even offered some friendly advice. She took pictures of DH and I before I was taken into surgery. While waiting for my time slot, I got ready in the hospital gown and was put on monitors for Max’s heartbeat and any contractions. I was shocked to find out that I actually had two contractions!! I never felt a thing. Finally, the time had arrived. I walked into the operating room, which, no matter what you’re having done, is a little terrifying. I was asked to sit on the table while my epidural was prepped. While sitting there, light conversation was made with the nurses and I was able to watch all the instruments being set up. That was not fun to see. There was a lot more than I could have imagined. The anesthesiologist was ready to give me my epidural. She began with cleaning my back and prepping the area. She told me I would feel a slight pinch, which was a lie cause I actually said OUCH! Then she asked how I was feeling and if I had any ‘shocks’ in my legs. I told her no and that I was doing ok. Next she began to say “You will feel your butt go numb soon” and halfway through her sentence I said, “My butt is numb!” She was happy to hear that. After the anesthesiologist finished up, I was laid on the table and the ‘screen’ was put up. DH was brought into the room and sat next to me. Not even 5 minutes later, Max was out and screaming like a champ. He was shown to us over the curtain and it was the most beautiful site I had ever seen. He was looking a little pale and covered in goop, but it didn’t matter to me! I loved him at first sight. Stephanie, the nurse, took him over to be checked and we were told he was 8lbs, 11oz! Our little chunker!! He passed all his tests with flying colors and he continued to scream through everything. Max and DH were lead out of the OR as the Dr. finished putting me back together. I got to hold Max while I was wheeled over to recovery and family was able to see us for a few minutes. DH told me that while Max was being washed in the nursery, he screamed the whole time and that Max didn’t seem to happy to be there, but he did very well with all his tests and passed each one with flying colors.

I was in recovery for a good 2 ½ hours. I couldn’t leave until I was able to bend my toes and lift my butt off the bed. I tried and tried, but nothing worked so I just lay there and relaxed. Once I was able to meet those milestones, I was wheeled over to my room and family came in to keep me company. Finally, after about 20 minutes, DH went and picked up Max from the nursery, and he came and spent time with all of us. I was able to feed him right away and it was just the happiest moment of my life.

Its now just over a week later and I’m so in love. It’s such a high and I’m loving every minute of it. I love just having him sleep in my arms and I never want to put him down. DH has been absolutely wonderful and never complains about anything. I’m so thrilled to finally have my rainbow baby. It’s been a long hard journey, but so worth it.

May 10th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Pinkee~'s Avatar All girl momma!
Awwwww congrats to you!

I understand what you mean about being nervous going into an OR. Ive been in one 3 different times now and each time is nerve wracking! And once was only for lithotripsy.

May 10th, 2011, 09:54 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
im so glad things went so perfectly for you!!! it sounds like a really great experience and I know how happy you must be now that little max is in your arms!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 10th, 2011, 11:05 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
HUGS! Glad you had such a beautiful experience

May 10th, 2011, 11:23 AM
xmandiex1315x's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats on your little man! Glad everything went well!

Thank-you GraysMama for my awesome siggy!!
May 10th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Mommy to Lil Miss Boss
Congrats again Stephanie!! I'm so happy you made it over the rainbow and have Max in your arms safe and sound.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
May 10th, 2011, 02:02 PM
eva_luvs_dave's Avatar team green!
Congrats Stephanie!!!!!!!!!!! Beauitiful story
May 10th, 2011, 09:47 PM
SuperMommy to 5
Wonderful story. Hearing such a pleasant experience actually makes me feel at ease with my upcoming c/s. Thanks for sharing. Congrats again!
Me (32) + DH (32) = DD (10), DS (8), DS (6), DD (4) & Tiebreaker... Baby Boy born May 23, 2011 @ 8:03am weight 7lbs 5ozs height 18.5"

May 11th, 2011, 01:56 PM
gypsystar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! It truly is an amazing experience!!1

Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)

May 12th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
CONGRATS! Glad it was enjoyable for you!!!! So happy for you

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
May 12th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Beth04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your little man! TFS your story!

thank you gypsystar for my wonderful siggy!
May 14th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Mommy to girls
I'm glad everything went well for you! We need more pics of baby Max!!

Tags
may 11 bumblebee births

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search