Genevieve Madalyn's Natural Birth :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Overall it was a great birth experience and was pretty short -- 12 hours total!

I had my membranes stripped at my 40 week appointment last week on my due date (Thursday, May 5th). That was at about 7:30pm. At that point I was 2cm, 60% effaced, and very ripe. After that DH and I went home and went for a 20 minute walk. As I was getting ready for bed at 10:30pm my body decided to clean itself out and I had my first contractions. I was in a regular labor pattern by midnight and the contractions were coming 5-6 minutes apart. I thought it might be more false labor so I waited awhile, then called the midwife at 3am when the contractions were getting more intense and were more like 3-4 minutes apart. She said to come in so we were at the birth center by 4am.

When she checked me again I was a stretchy 3.5cm and 90% effaced so they decided to keep me. Genevieve was slightly cockeyed in there which was giving me some back labor but she finally straightened out and moved over to the left side by about 8am and when they checked me again I was 5cm. I was still having a pretty easy time tolerating contractions until about 10:30am when I think I hit transition. By 11am I was sort of losing it and saying I couldn't do it anymore so they got me out of the tub I was soaking in and took me into my birth room (I had been planning a water birth but someone else beat me to the room so I ended up with a regular natural birth). Once I was laying on the bed in my birth room she checked me again and I was 8cm. That was about 11:15am I think.

I was in a lot of pain at that point and starting to not handle it as well as I had been so I had to decide between taking a dose of stadol to take the edge off or breaking my water to try to speed things up. I almost caved on the pain meds but I'm so glad I didn't. I decided to have them break my water instead. In the 10 minutes it took me to make the decision and her to get the hook I was already 9.5cm with just a rim left! She broke my water and ten minutes later I was pushing. It was really intense but it was beautiful to feel everything as she was born and Teddy was really moved by the whole experience. I pushed for 33 minutes and Genevieve Madalyn was born on May 6th at 12:18pm! I felt IMMEDIATELY better as soon as she was born and wasn't in any pain at all. My perineum stayed in tact and I just had one tiny microtear, no stitches required.

Right after birth they put her on my chest and she stayed there for the first hour and a half. It was amazing to hold her right after birth and to get through the first nursing session and everything before they moved her and did the physical exams. She was blue right when she was born but had really good color within five minutes -- and she was so alert! Teddy cut the cord after it stopped pulsing. She did have a little trouble latching at first, so that took some work, but she's nursing like a champ now! When they did the physical exam she was 7 lbs 5 oz and 19.5 inches. Her APGAR scores were 9 and 9.

I was able to eat and shower within a couple of hours after her birth and we were home 8 hours after. It was exactly the birth experience I was hoping for and we feel so blessed to have gotten the experience we wanted and to have this perfect, beautiful baby girl!

Thanks for reading!

May 10th, 2011, 12:58 PM
eva_luvs_dave's Avatar team green!
What a beautiful story and sooo glad you got the birth you wanted!!! Congrats Jillian!!!
May 10th, 2011, 01:23 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
beautiful!! you did so great! I'm glad you're feeling well good too!

I was also planning a water birth, but ended up with another land shark! these darn babies!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 10th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 10th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww....Beautiful! CONGRATS!!!!!!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
May 10th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Pinkee~'s Avatar All girl momma!
Such a great story!

May 10th, 2011, 08:35 PM
SuperMommy to 5
Congrats! That was a beautiful story.
Me (32) + DH (32) = DD (10), DS (8), DS (6), DD (4) & Tiebreaker... Baby Boy born May 23, 2011 @ 8:03am weight 7lbs 5ozs height 18.5"

May 10th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Such a great story! I know what you mean about feeling immediately better after she came out - the minute my DD's body came out I felt such relief, it was like "ahhhhh!"

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
May 11th, 2011, 07:37 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
What an amazing experience I am happy to see that things went just the way you had hoped (minus the water birth of course)

May 11th, 2011, 12:59 PM
gypsystar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What an awesome birth story! Congrats on your little gal !

Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)

May 21st, 2011, 01:28 PM
Mommy to girls
I am so glad you got your natural birth Jillian! Sounds like a great experience!
June 11th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies!!

Tags
may 11 bumblebee births

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search