Welcome to the World Tallis RaeLee Todd!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Super Mommy
Getting there...
On Monday, May 9th in the afternoon/early evening I began having timeable contractions 5-7 minutes apart. After 6 hours the doctor asked that we come in to triage to be checked. We were on the monitors for a few hours and while the contractions were steady I was still only 3-4 cm dilated so they sent me home to wait.

On Tuesday, May 10th I continued to have timeable contractions all day and went to the mall to get a manicure and pedicure while we were waiting this thing out After the mani/pedi I decided to walk through the mall figuring THAT can't hurt. I get about 100 yds into my walk and I felt a small gush. I make my way to the bathroom and it doesn't seem like urine so I head home. I felt another small gush coming up the stairs to the loft. I laid down - timed contractions and at about 8pm called the doctor who again wanted me to come in to triage. We head to the hospital... my contractions are painful but not earth shattering and 5 minutes part but my cervix is only dilated to 4 cm. They checked my water - the doctor thought for sure it was broken upon exam but the microscope test proved differently and they sent me home. But before they did I asked when I was supposed to come back... if my contractions are 5 minutes apart and steady - how do I know? The nurse said - they'll hurt "alot" more. I left feeling confused and in pain

I spent the night still in pain w/ contractions and into Wednesday AM but the contractions were hurting any "more" and they spaced out to 7 minutes apart so I sent Alfonso to work (his office is only 4 blocks away). I spent Wednesday up and down in bed walking it off and just trying to be comfortable. At about 230pm I had some pink discharge when I went to the bathroom. I was still apprehensive to call because we had been sent home twice but finally at 3pm I called and they wanted me to come in to the office right away to be checked. I called Alfonso who picked me up and we were on our way. While driving there the contractions (FINALLY) got stronger and more frequent. Once in the Doctors office she came in to check me w/ a response of "oh my!". I was 7cm dilated and bag of water was bulging! She was like - you have to get to the hospital RIGHT AWAY! So we're off.... lol!

While we are driving to the hospital (across the street) I call my mom and my best friend and tell them that this is IT. They live 3 hours away so they need to high tail it up here! I wasn't convinced they would make it based on what Dr. Black had said in the office but I was still hoping.

Hospital...
We pull into the main hospital complex and at this point I am in ACTIVE labor and there is literally a line 10 cars or more longer waiting to get to the front door - NO JOKE. Valet Parking is FULL - NO JOKE... so we get up to the doors Alfonso gets me out on the bench and goes to park the car. He comes back w/ a wheel chair and were finally heading upstairs to L&D. At this point I am panicking b/c I know they won't do an epidural after 8CM! And now the contractions HURT!

So we get up to the L&D floor at about 430pm and Alfonso picks up the phone to call in and let them know we're here and they say "Have a seat, we're full - we'll be w/ you as soon as we can" 0_0.... and there was a LINE of people waiting for beds!

So he parks me by this pregnant lady who immediately figures out this is our first and that we are panicking - she's having our 3rd and I swear to god she is our guardian angel... she talked us through the wait (while in labor herself - what a champ!) and even gave us her spot (next) in line... Finally I was freaking sufficiently enough that Alfonso went to the phone again and told them that I was in ALOT of pain and they said someone would be right out. In about 5 more minutes someone came to take me in.

As I am being wheeled down the hallway my immediate response is "I want an epidural" again I didn't want to miss my chance!! They got me in a room and set up on IV and I got a phone call from my best friend who informs me that she got so excited when I called her that she clipped a curb and had a flat tire!!! She was waiting for AAA but it was going to be an hour and half before she could even pick my mom up and head up to Allentown.... All we could do is laugh honestly - what are the chances?!

So Alfonso and I have this long standing joke about how he is always late and I am incredibly punctual. We call his habitual lateness w/ good intentions "Alfonso Time". Wednesday, May 11th was my actual due date so we were placing bets w/ the nurses about whether or not she would be born before midnight on the 11th or after 12 on the 12th.
I got settled into the room and finally got the epidural which was amazing at that point – for the next hour or two I laid there and Alfonso and I just literally chatted and anticipated the arrival of our little one. The doctor came in to check me and finally break my water (they held of b/c there are multiple women delivering so they held me off for a bit). After they broke my water was fine for about 30 minutes then the entire sudden half of my epidural wore off on the right side and I was in EXCRUCIATING pain in my LOW back. The anesthesiologist came in and adjusted medication etc… and finally got the right side to numb back up but I still had major, major, major back pain. The doctor checks me and explains that Tallis’s head is turned in an awkward position and that she is directly on my rectum… the only thing to do was deliver her!
So finally my mom and my best friend arrive and almost immediately the doctor comes in to check me and it turns out that in under an hour from the time they broke my water I was already complete at 10cm! She says – “why don’t we have you try pushing “and I said “Now?!” the doctor responds with “Well you could wait but I don’t recommend it”. I was so surprised and startled by the whole thing. I mean I know we were working up to the pushing part all day but I really wasn’t ready! So I began pushing… it took two contractions for me to get the hang of it, once I had the hang of it I was ready to rock! In the midst of pushing the doc comes back in the room and says that the woman next door is also pushing and I might beat her. The nurse chimes in and says we better hope we do because there is only one private room left on the baby floor and whoever delivers first gets it. This was a lot of motivation – I really didn’t want to share a room! On my next push Alfonso excitedly screams “omg, I can see her head!” – that was it – I don’t know how many pushes it took but it started pushing at exactly 8pm and she was born at exactly 845pm.
She is incredible and perfect in every way. We couldn’t be happier or more proud. She’s a beautiful baby girl!

Tallis RaeLee Todd
Born May 11th, 2011
at 8:45pm
7lbs 7oz
20 in long

Tallis RaeLee Todd | Facebook
May 15th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Mommy to girls
Great story! What a cutie she is!!
May 15th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
awww....how great!

Did you get your private room"

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
May 16th, 2011, 12:00 AM
eva_luvs_dave's Avatar team green!
Congrats!! She is precious!!!
May 16th, 2011, 11:35 AM
mznikkieynkay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wonderful story and a beautiful baby u hv

thanks graysMama for my siggy
May 16th, 2011, 03:05 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
Sounds like an intense few days, but what a beautiful result Loved the facebook pics!!

May 17th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Super Mommy
thanks everyone - it really is a surreal experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha83 View Post
awww....how great!

Did you get your private room"
Oh yeah! beat her by 5 minutes
May 20th, 2011, 08:37 PM
SuperMommy to 5
Beautiful story. What a cutie pie!
Me (32) + DH (32) = DD (10), DS (8), DS (6), DD (4) & Tiebreaker... Baby Boy born May 23, 2011 @ 8:03am weight 7lbs 5ozs height 18.5"

May 21st, 2011, 08:47 PM
Pinkee~'s Avatar All girl momma!
How awesome of that other preggo momma! Especially since 3rd babies usually come so quick! Congrats on a beautiful birth and pushing that baby out! Doesnt sound like it was an easy task!

Tags
may 11 bumblebee births

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search