Log In Sign Up

Phoenix Aileen's birth story!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Savages_Wifey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 6,568
Send a message via AIM to Savages_Wifey Send a message via MSN to Savages_Wifey Send a message via Yahoo to Savages_Wifey
Wednesday the 4 I had a dr apt at 10:45. I had a non stress test and reg apt. They put me on the monitors and I was still contracting like I was before every 5 to 6 minutes or so. They went ahead and kept me on a little longer because miss p wasnt having any a cells in her heart rate. So I went into the room and she did a cervical exam and i was 50% and 3cm. She decided to send me over to the hospital for prolonged monitoring. Thankfully my Favorite dr of the practice was on call!! I went in and they did monitoring and decided that I was def having the baby soon. So the dr told me I could go home but she thought it was kind of pointless because I would be coming back very soon. So she decided to take me off of the monitors and let me walk for an hour or so. I walked around and when I came back to the room I was 80% and 4cm. So they decided there was no going home at this point. Because I was contracting so close together and had a bulging bag they went ahead and broke my water. They gave me pitocin to help along the contractions. A few hours later when I was FINALLY tired enough to try and get some sleep ( and hubby had just pulled the chair/bed to go to sleep) my contractions got intense and were coming every 1 to 2 minutes. I told the nurse I was feeling a lot of pressure so she went ahead and checked me and I was only 5cm and 80%. So I got up and went potty laid back down and the other nurse came in did a few checks on baby (by now her heart rate was beautiful again ) and left. She shut the lights off and I put my head down to breath and all of a sudden I got very nauseous and KNEW i had to push. I looked at my DH and told him " I"VE GOT TO PUSH!" his response? Are you serious? YES honey! so he ran and got the nurses and they came in and told me there was no way I was just checked 5 minutes ago. I told them I knew my body and I knew what was going on. So she checked me and to their amazements I was fully dilated fully effaced and her head was coming. SO I continued to breath through everything and not push until the dr got to the room. She came in and I told her I really had to push. She didn't expect that baby was going to fly out her gloves weren't even on yet lol she told me to go ahead and start pushing. With my first push her head was out. They told me to stop pushing because the cord was around her neck. Then I continued and she arrived at 2:47 am. She weighed 5 pounds 15 ozs. Everything looked great. After a little bit she started struggling to breath. They took her to the nursery and ended up putting her on oxygen. The dr had some specific name for what was wrong but I can not spell it or even pronounce it LOL! basically her lungs were fully developed but there was fluid and stuff in her lungs and it just took her a little longer to get it all out. She did great though and we were both released on the 7. She is a little jaundice but both of my kids were so I expected it. She eats wonderfully and my older 2 children just are in absolute awe with her!!

I am so proud of myself that I was able to get through my labor with only help from my very supportive husband. I never got an epidural nor did I ever even think about it or ask for it. I never tore or needed to get cut. They delivered the placenta very quickly as well.

Reply With Quote
May 16th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,057
Great birth story, congrats on everything going so well!!!!!

Reply With Quote
May 16th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Tryin4#2's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 504
CONGRATS!!! So glad all is well :-)

Reply With Quote
May 16th, 2011, 08:37 AM
AshMama2Ava's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 603
Glad everything went so well for your delivery. Love the pics in the other post, such a beautiful family.

My big little monkey Ava.
Reply With Quote
May 20th, 2011, 10:10 AM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kingston, NY
Posts: 5,057
Great story

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

Reply With Quote
June 4th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 6,379
What a great birth story! That is amazing how you went from 5 to 10 cm in 5 minutes!!!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0