Alexis Pauline's entrance into this world

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Pinkee~'s Avatar All girl momma!
I almost feel things started back on May 9th/10th because I had a really good "trial run" of false labor late in the night/early in the morning the night of May 9th. I had feelings this baby would come May 11th almost this entire pregnancy and this final bout of false labor had me pretty convinced I was right. I usually get false labor about 2weeks before baby comes, but its only occasional menstrual cramps that come and go with no real pattern. On this particuliar night they were regular and had a pattern, then fizzled out eventually.

So May 10th I had a busy day preparing the house just in case. That night around 11pm my body did a cleanout. I started really believing this might be it and decided if it was going to get real I would get woke up by contractions no matter what so I took a sleeping pill to help me sleep thru the minor contractions. I then went to bed. Around midnight I woke up with cramping, but fell back asleep. This continued all thru the night with me waking, feeling them and going back to sleep. Everytime I woke up I felt baby moving like crazy. She was normally active, but not this much! I think the pill wore off around 4am because I had trouble sleeping from then til 6am when I finally just got out of bed. Talked to hubby about what was going on, we decided he would go to work since this was early labor and I would call my mom to have her come over and stay with me.

I had a bowl of cereal because I was hungry and that just made me nauseous. (More signs.) I got my daughter off to school, was back home by 9am and started timing contractions. They were somewhat sporatic, but getting closer together. I wasnt tolerating things well though. I was feeling very off. Nauseous, dizzy when walking, EXTREME tiredness, and I was short of breath when walking around. I tried drinking water to see if it would improve things, but just got more nauseous! (More signs.)By 10am I had enough, called hubby and had him come home to get me. I just wanted to know if I was contracting regularly at the hospital and if I was dilated anymore.

We arrived at the hospital by 11am. The week before at my doc apt I was 2+ dilated and 70% effaced. The nurse checked me, said I was a tight 3 & 70% effaced, but that my bag of waters was bulging. She said she was sure she would've seen me later that afternoon if I hadnt come in then and made me feel better that this was real labor. We discussed me being GBS+ and she said she was almost certain my doc would keep me due to that and my bulging bag. She comes back soon after and confirms my doc is in fact keeping me due to both of those things. I am told an IV will be started for the antibiotics, then 3 hours later my water will be broken.

I get my IV started at 12:30pm so my water will be broken by 3:30pm. I am moved from triage to a delivery room by 1:30pm. Things move along very slowly after this. I am given a small dose of pitocin, am checked and MAYBE a 3-4 and its all very discouraging. I get my epi right around 3:30pm. Even though my contractions are completely manageable I know once that water gets broken things will get hairy fast. Right after the epi has kicked in the doc comes in and my water is broken. My pit is also upped quite a bit. I labor for about an hour with no issues, but then I start feeling alot of pressure with each contraction. It goes on about a half hour and slowly gets worse. At the peak of the contraction I start to get pain. I talk to the nurse about it and I try my epi pump to get a bigger dose of medicine to see if it will help, it doesnt. So we decide to get the anesthesiologist to give me the stronger dose of meds. He does and the nurse checks me. I am right about a 4 1/2 now and am SO frustrated! I even text CrystalAnne letting her know this is going to take ALL DAY because I am just going no where.

Within a half hour (it was right about 5:30pm at this point) my doc walks in and suddenly the pressure shifts. It suddenly is that old familiar feeling that I need to poop. I think "Hmm, thats interesting because it feels like I am complete and ready to push, but NO WAY cuz I was just a 4 1/2." A second contraction hits and that same pressure is there again. So my doc checks me and me and hubby get the shock of our lives when we hear that I am in fact complete, a 10 and ready to push!!!! Hubby even looked at the nurse and says "Wasnt she JUST a 4 1/2?!" I was floored! The nurse was surprised as well and quickly went about setting things up. It takes a few minutes so in my excitement I grabbed my phone and let CrystalAnne know it was pushing time Literally all the text said was "ITS PUSHING TIME!" Im sure she was confused because of how depressing my last text sounded The doc and hubby get a big kick out me texting when I am about to push. But I had to share!

We get all ready to go, wait for a contraction and I am able to push 3 times in that contraction. Baby is crowning by the time Im done with that 1 contraction. The doc asks if I want to wait for another contraction or just push. I say I will just push since I was so close, push 2 more times and baby is out! Doc announces it is another little girl and I beam that I was right! 5:49pm May 11th our newest little bundle is born! She comes out screaming beautifully letting us know she is ok and continues to cry while on my chest. I start to talk to her, let her grab my thumb and she instantly calms down and starts looking around. She is so alert!!! While on my chest I remark/ask if she is a little blue? They tell us thats normal and let her sit with me for a minute, dry her off some, then take her over to get all the stats. In the time it takes to do that our little angel pinks up and gets a perfect 10 on her apgar! It was amazing. She weighed 7lbs, 7oz and was 21inches long. They get a diaper on her, bring her over for skin to skin contact and we get our first nursing session in which she aces like a champ!

I still cant get over how perfect and surreal this birth was. I wanted to deliver during the day so my doc could be there to deliver my last baby and she wasnt on call that night. She also had a piano recital for her daughter that night so she couldnt stay late. I wanted to have a longer labor to get all my meds in for baby's protection being GBS+. So its like my body basically stalled out for the 4hours needed to get the meds in, then once that deadline came and went BAM! I dilated very quickly, my doc was able to be there to deliver and it was everything I wanted. I could not be happier

She is a perfect little angel of a baby. And tough as nails! We had to get a billiruben check the day after discharge and she didnt cry! She made a sour face when they pricked her heel, barely fussed and passed out. She was so relaxed the cut stopped bleeding! So they had to prick her a second time and she didnt even flinch. She is very easy going and makes things very easy on me! She smiles a ton and seems so content. I am so in love with her!

Sorry, I know the lighting sucks on this one, but I caught her with a little half smile!

Last edited by Pinkee~; May 15th, 2011 at 11:38 PM.
May 15th, 2011, 11:38 PM
eva_luvs_dave's Avatar team green!
She is precious Wendy, congrats!!! Glad your birth went the way it did!! TFS
May 16th, 2011, 07:47 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
shes gorgeous

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 16th, 2011, 11:12 AM
mznikkieynkay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow waat a great story tfs! shes so pretty

thanks graysMama for my siggy
May 16th, 2011, 12:54 PM
xmandiex1315x's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats! Glad everything turned out the way you wanted it. She's precious!

Thank-you GraysMama for my awesome siggy!!
May 16th, 2011, 03:31 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
Talk about perfect timing!

She is beautiful!!! Are her sisters loving on her every second?

May 16th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great birth story! She's adorable!!!!

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
May 16th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TeamH View Post
Talk about perfect timing!

She is beautiful!!! Are her sisters loving on her every second?
They try to, but make me nervous when they all hover. I worry the wee one will get hurt so I try to limit it if I can.

May 17th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Super Mommy
Great story! and she's just absolutely perfect! she was born just a few hours before Tallis and their weight was even the same!
May 17th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfly View Post
Great story! and she's just absolutely perfect! she was born just a few hours before Tallis and their weight was even the same!
I didnt know that! Thats so cool!

May 21st, 2011, 07:02 AM
Mommy to Lil Miss Boss
Good thing you know your body! Great story!

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
May 21st, 2011, 07:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thats so great that your labor went to quickly Your little girl is perfect

May 21st, 2011, 01:21 PM
Mommy to girls
Great story!!! Thanks for sharing. What a cutie she is!!
May 21st, 2011, 02:22 PM
Thank you everyone!

May 21st, 2011, 05:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
SO precious!!!!! Love her outfit I know for a fact that you can mentally stall labor if you aren't careful...sounds like you did and it was with good reason.....I'm like you once I get to 6 (not 4.5 for me since I usually START at that lol) I go from 6 to 10 in like 1 to 2 contractions....

Congrats momma!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
May 31st, 2011, 04:11 PM
gypsystar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amazing! So glad you had such an awesome birth and it all worked out so perfectly ! She is such a little doll !

Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)

June 2nd, 2011, 04:24 AM
Showbiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's beautiful! Congrats!

June 2nd, 2011, 09:33 AM
Thank you

June 11th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry this is late! Great story though -- congrats Wendy!!

Tags
may 11 bumblebee births

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search