Log In Sign Up

Chace's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Posts: n/a
Labor started late at night on 5/10. We had gone on a long walk with the girls, took care of 'business' back at home, then we sat down to watch TV and I started feeling more intense contractions than usual. I went to bed at 10pm, and woke up at 11pm because they were too strong to get comfortable. I was in and out of sleep until about 1am, when I realized this was not the same prelabor I had been experiencing the past 2 months.

I called my OB office, and they said since it is baby #3, we should be on the safe side and come in. So I woke up DH, called my mom to come over and watch the girls, and we started to pack. We left at about 2:30am, and got to the hospital around 3.

I was at a 2, the week before I was at a 1. DH and I walked the halls for an hour playing Words With Friends on our iPhones. We were too tired to talk, and it really helped pass the time After the walking I was at a 3, and they wanted me to walk more. I wanted to sleep. So they said to take a nap, and when I woke up I could walk more. There was no point in encouraging labor if I was exhausted.

So at this point I was admitted, and it was truly baby time. It was about 5am. My contractions were picking up and getting strong, but I was able to nap a little. A nurse came in because baby had moved and she needed to adjust the monitors. That's when she noticed his HR had dropped into the 90s. It took awhile before it came back up, so they said I had to stay in bed and be continuously monitored. They thought the cord might be wrapped around his neck, or maybe he was just squeezing it, but they didn't want to risk his HR dropping again.

My OB was scheduled to come in at 10:30am. He had a C/S and hysterectomy to do that morning. He came in around 11 and told me that he was going to let me wait it out until after he was done with the surgeries. So I could have a small snack and watch some daytime TV while he did his thing. He told me he didn't want to speed thing up with me now, and have me start pushing when he was elbow deep in someone's uterus. (His words not mine) So when he was done cutting out a baby and removing a uterus, he would come back and catch my baby. (Again, his words, not mine. I love my OB!)

At 2pm the pitocin was started and I was moved to a rocker because I was having awful back labor. At 2:30 my OB came in and popped my water. I was at a 4 by then. At 3:30 I got the epidural. I had made it to a 5 with the pitocin, so I thought that was pretty good. The pain was unbearable and I couldn't wait any longer. The epi wasn't terrible, but he was having issues getting the catheter in. I felt shocks in my leg, and was getting back spasms. DH was getting pissed because he thought the guy was incompetent. All he could do was watch and rub my foot while I shook like a madwoman because the pain and the spasms were so intense. I had to get 2 numbing shots because I felt the epi needle go in. It was worse than the labor pain.

An hour later at 4:30 I was feeling the urge to push. So they got the room prepped and by 5 I gave my first push. 20 minutes later 8lb 6oz 20.5in Chace Joseph was born. He was sunny side up and the cord was around his neck, but not very tight. (I'm 3/3 sunny side up babies!)

The pushing was so calm and relaxing. I was able to push when I wanted to, and took a few breaks to regain my strength. I didn't make any crazy noises, and I was calmly talking to the staff the whole time. It was really cool. I didn't tear at all, which was surprising given his size!

He was weighed twice because the OB and nurse didn't think it was correct. They estimated about 6 or 6.5lbs, based on my size and how big my girls were at birth. None of my friends can believe he was in my little belly

The most special part of my L&D was I got to pull him out of me. I got to do it with DD, and I really wanted to do it again. So after his head and shoulders delivered the OB let me reach down and pull him out. He laid on me until the cord stopped pulsating. And then they let him lay on me another 10 minutes or so until he got cleaned up. He BF within the next 10 minutes, and we got to enjoy our son for another 30 minutes or so until DH went out to get our family.

So that's how my little man came into this world!

Last edited by Serendipity3; May 16th, 2011 at 06:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
May 16th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,490
aww....great birth story...sorry about the shocks and spasms....eeek....but glad all went well and that you had a nice [big] healthy boy Wonderful
Momma to Emma, Elzie, Gretchen, Olive, and Rogan

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
Reply With Quote
May 16th, 2011, 07:41 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I'm a husker girl :)
Posts: 16,336
beautiful birth story, ashley!!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
Reply With Quote
May 16th, 2011, 11:21 AM
mznikkieynkay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fellamere,Fl
Posts: 1,059
great story!!

thanks graysMama for my siggy
Reply With Quote
May 16th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Mommy to girls
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,014
Great birth story! TFS.
Kim- Mommy to 5 girls
Reply With Quote
May 16th, 2011, 12:35 PM
xmandiex1315x's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 665
Everything sounds like it went well (minus the epi pain part). Congrats!

Thank-you GraysMama for my awesome siggy!!
Reply With Quote
May 16th, 2011, 03:19 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,509

Reply With Quote
May 21st, 2011, 08:55 PM
Pinkee~'s Avatar All girl momma!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UT
Posts: 9,118

Reply With Quote

may 11 bumblebee births

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0