Dakota's Birth Story :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2011, 02:16 PM
xmandiex1315x's Avatar Super Mommy
It started on the 18th, I had been cramping throughout the night before and continued having contractions that weren't timeable throughout the day. I had also been losing chunks of mucus throughout the day as well. Hubby and I had went shopping and while we were in the store my water broke. Luckily for me it wasn't visible until we got home. We went home picked up our bags and headed to the hospital around 9:30pm. My mom met us there shortly after. By the time we had gotten there my contractions were regularly spaced apart about every 5 minutes and I was at 4 cm.
So we are admitted and they get us to our room. They gave me a small dose of pitocin hoping to pick things up a bit. Mat, my mom, and myself spent the next several hours just talking. Meanwhile, my contractions are getting stronger and stronger. Poor hubby kept wanting to rub my hand during them and then I'd have to yell at him not to touch me. I finally hit 6 cm around 3am. Around 4:30am I was at 7 cm and got my epidural hoping it would give me a chance to sleep since I was progressing slowly. I never really got any sleep and the epidural slowed my contractions wayyy down. They gave me more pitocin and things started to pick up again. Between 7 and 10 I went from 7cm to 10cm. I started pushing at 10:15am. After almost 2 hours of pushing and not being able to get her head past a certain point my doctor decides that we should try to use the vacuum to get her out. After the vacuum was attached and 3 pushes later, out comes Dakota Lynn at 12:09pm on May 19th at 7lbs 12 oz and 20.5 inches. They placed her right up on me and hubby got to cut the cord. The doctor then informs me that I had a 4th degree tear (which she later changed to a 3rd). The look on my hubby's and mother's faces are priceless when she told me this, so I knew things probably looked really bad down there. Mat got to give her her bath while they stitched me up. Her apgar scores were 9 and 10. Then they brought her back over to me, she never had to leave our room.
Things went good until my epidural wore off and they needed me to get up to use the bathroom. I had been feeling really lightheaded since the birth. I ended up passing out as soon as I got to the bathroom. Luckily I was already sitting on the toilet and Mat was holding me so I never fell to the ground. It almost happened again a few hours later, but I never fully blacked out, just got distorted vision and hearing that time. My iron had dropped to the low 8's and my blood pressure was on the low side.
We got discharged 2 days later on Saturday the 21st. They wanted us to stay the extra night due to my lightheadedness and to be sure that Dakota was doing well enough breastfeeding. She was also a little jaundice while we were there so they had us return Sunday morning to see if her levels went down (and they did) so we got to go home without treating it. Now it is one week later and I still waddle a little bit but no longer get lightheaded and Dakota is doing great!

This pic is about 20 minutes after birth. <3

Thank-you GraysMama for my awesome siggy!!

Last edited by xmandiex1315x; May 27th, 2011 at 02:39 PM.
May 31st, 2011, 01:25 PM
Pinkee~'s Avatar All girl momma!
Congrats! She is so pretty!!! Love her head of hair

May 31st, 2011, 03:02 PM
Beth04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cute! Congrats!

thank you gypsystar for my wonderful siggy!

Tags
may 11 bumblebee births

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search