Khlovyr's Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, so Tuesday I went to the OB for my 38 week appointment. My BP was high, protein in my urine, extreme pain, you name it I was experiencing it, lol. After 2 hours of monitoring and everything, was scheduled to come back the following day to recheck my BP. Came back in on Wednesday, BP was still elevated, protein still in my urine, and I was even more swollen than the day before. So my doctor scheduled an induction for that night. I was to check in at 730, they were going to start cervadil. My doctor told me that I was allowed to eat, could have IV pain meds or Tylenol whenever I wanted, and I could do an epi at any point. We were going to do everything possible to give me a vaginal birth.

So I call L&D at 630 and was told that they had no beds and would call me when one became available. So Casey and I ran errands, got my son dropped off at my friend Aimee's, and then got to the hospital about 815. Still no bed available. At this point I'm having some serious pain in my hips and back. And I'm swelling up again, so we decide to just hang out in L&D waiting room for my bed. At 10pm they come and get me. By 1030 my cervadil is placed. Then they tell me I am not allowed to eat anything or drink anything other than clear liquids. I told them that was not what my doctor ordered. And they said it didn't matter, it was hospital policy.

Also, once the cervadil was placed I was not allowed out of my bed for 2 hours and it would be in for 12. So I'm like ok, no big deal. They give me an ambien to help me sleep, and I try to go to sleep. Which means, I was up every hour needing to pee. First I had to pee in the dang bed pan, then they started letting me get up to pee. I could feel some light contractions but nothing major.

Next morning I wake up, 11 am rolls around and they remove the cervadil. I was a 0 when it was placed, after 12 hours I was at a.........1-2! So Casey left to deal with an issue that came up, we won't go into details, we will just say it's a total BS thing that never should have happened, and at 1245 my doctor comes in to start pitocin. So I'm starting to feel a little uncomfortable. The nurse asks if I want anything for pain, and I say Tylenol. She then starts to tell me all about the IV pain meds and epi and I told her no thank you, I was trying to go as natural as possible. So she brings me tylenol.

At 445 my doctor comes in to check on my again, I'm finally at......3!, and she breaks my water. I was told again about the Staydal (sp????) and epi for pain management which I refuse and just keep breathing through the contractions that I'm feeling. I can hear women screaming through the walls in labor, and all I could think was, Oh Gah, I do not wanna be one of them.

So I'm laboring away, getting really uncomfortable, because me contractions are all in my back. So not fun. Casey gets back to the hospital, my mom who was in the ER for BP issues was discharged and brought up to my room to hang out, and we are just talking through my contractions. I'm texting people, checking email all that fun stuff on my phone. Then my nurse comes in for the night. It's about 8 pm at this point. My contractions are coming every 2 minutes and I am in so much pain. Once again, I'm offered pain meds which I declined and instead asked if I could have Tylenol. Then I ask if I can have some heating pads to help with the back and pelvic pain. So she orders those.

She also was awesome enough to help me get into different positions to help with the contractions since I wasn't allowed to get out of the bed. So we did knee to chest, or doggy style whatever you wanna call it, and she massaged my back. That was awesome. We did that for about 45 minutes when I told her I was feeling a lot of pressure. So she checks me and I'm at a 5.

So we try a different position and my heating pads show up. We get them popped and placed and not even 2 minutes later am I yelling to get them off of me they were burning, I needed to poop, and oh dear god I was about to hurl. She brings me the basin just as I start throwing up everywhere. I fill up half the basin. She tells me this is a good thing, I must be close so she rechecks me, it's only 930, and I'm at an 8. She pages the front desk and tells them to get her stations set up and to call the doctor for me. Then we roll me over to my right side where I had just a little bit of cervix still. She checks the monitor and Khlovyr's heart was starting to go down so we roll me back onto my back and I tell her I need to poop really bad.

She's typing into the computer and asks one of the nurses to check me and she was like, I see the top of the head, she's at a 10 and ready! It's 10 pm at this point. They page back to find an ETA on my doctor and are telling me to just breathe and not push. So I'm holding it in, Casey is holding my hands because it was hurting so bad, and the desire to push was excruciating. 1020 my doctor walks in. I tell her I really need to push, and she looks at me and says ok, go ahead and set her up so she can start pushing. She's getting ready putting on the hat thing and all that fun stuff, they get my legs into the stirrups and I'm still breathing through the contractions.

Then my cell phone rings and it's Ed calling me from TX to check on me, more about him later And he hears me breathing and chanting oooooooooh as I release my breath. Tells Casey to have me call him after she's born. My doctor then turns and is walking to me, and tells me on my next contraction I can push.

She sits down in her stool, just as I curl myself up, hold my legs and in one push deliver my daughter. All you hear is a POP and Oh S**t as she turns really quick and catches her, and a second later some serious wailing. She was ticked, she being Khlovyr. The doctor was laughing as she put her on my chest and told me that that was the first time she had to dive to catch a baby and use both hands!

Khlovyr was born at 1023 pm with one push, no drugs other than 500 mg of Tylenol, and a headfull of red hair! She weighed 6 lbs 15 oz. And was a whopping 19 inches long.

I only ripped a tiny bit by my urethra which was stitched up. I've had no complications and took a shower an hour after she was born. I got to hold her and nurse her immediately.

And now for what you all have wanted to see........

Introducing Olive "Khlovyr" Ridleigh Beatrix Collier

May 28th, 2011, 05:41 PM
no.absolutes's Avatar absolutelyNOT
She's so precious!!! Congrats!!!

May 28th, 2011, 05:57 PM
itsmemaggi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to itsmemaggi Send a message via MSN to itsmemaggi
Awesome birth story! You're amazing! Tylenol does absolutely nothing for me. I can't believe that's all you had! Long induction; I thought mine was bad!

Thank you,
PinkCuppycakeSprinkles, for my beautiful siggy!!

May 28th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Savages_Wifey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Savages_Wifey Send a message via MSN to Savages_Wifey Send a message via Yahoo to Savages_Wifey
What a great story! I couldn't imagine going 20 minutes with just breathing through my urge to push!!... When I got to 10 it took all I had to wait the 2 minutes for the dr to get in there!!!! Yay for only doing Tylenol!!!

Last edited by Savages_Wifey; May 28th, 2011 at 06:12 PM.
May 28th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Peace.Love.Pepsi's Avatar Just another mommy
yay congrats
May 28th, 2011, 07:00 PM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome job Mama! And what a pretty little girl!!

May 28th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to hear that everything went well & that you got the birth that you wanted

You did amazing to hold off pushing for 20 minutes complete with no pain relief I just push, I will not wait for anyone!!

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
May 28th, 2011, 07:31 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw, congrats mama! She is beautiful. Amazing birth story!

May 29th, 2011, 12:51 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
beautiful baby!! love the red hair! congrats.

May 29th, 2011, 01:37 AM
LuvMyFurbabies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvMyFurbabies
What a great story!! Glad things went so well for you hun. Too bad the nurses kept pushing the pain meds on you. Seems like that is all they do. I am going to have to post a sign not to offer them unless I ask for it. Well your little girl is beautiful!!

*Mommy to Brendan with Two Angels Above*
~Momma to 8 Furbabies (4 cats & 4 dogs)~

May 29th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I loved reading your experience! And Khlovyr is darling!!!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

May 29th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Michelle, we had a sign posted, and my doctor was well aware that I was going med free. Didn't stop the nurses from offering.
May 29th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You are such an AMAZING ,STRONG ,WONDERFUL women! I am so proud of you and what a beautiful lil lady you have on your hands!

Congrats hun

May 29th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats!! Great birth story!
How was your experience at CF? I delivered my 2nd son there. I have a decent experience, but am going to another hospital in another county this time
May 29th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinechica View Post
Congrats!! Great birth story!
How was your experience at CF? I delivered my 2nd son there. I have a decent experience, but am going to another hospital in another county this time
in l&d it was fantastic, in PP care it sucked. same as last time :/
May 29th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Super Mommy
That's kind of how it happened for me too. :/ Boo! I sure hope this other hospital is nicer for me. The postpartum rooms should be a little larger than CF's were. My hubs and I were squished in there...and it felt old. I'll have to tell you how my experience goes in the new hospital.
Glad you're enjoying your little one!
June 4th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl! Great birth story!

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***

Tags
khlovyrs bs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search