Makenna's Arrival 6/3

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Super Mommy
What a messy, long day 6/3 was...

Labor started out wonderful, things were moving great, checked in to the hospital and thought this is just amazing... I'm going to have this baby soon, boy, was I wrong. I honestly have no recollection of time frames as everything is now a haze, but this is my basic recount of Makenna Rylie's birth.

I arrived at the hospital with contractions that were pretty regular, but not overly strong. I was dilated enough so they checked me and said I will be having a baby!

My dr came around 9am to break my water which helped speed the process up and get my contractions stronger and in more productive. However was still given pitocin to get things moving even further. My blood pressure began going up and down and was pretty irregular, I received an epi in hopes to regulate the blood pressure and keep me from needing a c-section due to the extreme highs I was having.

By around 2pm I was dilated to 8cm and thats when it all really went downhill. My labor pretty much stalled out... we turned off the epi to see if I could move around and try and get things going. One half of my cervix dilated entirely while the other side was stuck at 8cm. I sat that way from 2pm with a pitocin drip at 26 until almost 7pm when my dr and I decided that we could try and push past my cervix being dilated awkwardly or c-section. Being freaked out by the c-section I decided to go for it... turns out my really long daughter, too long for my short body was wrapped around crooked. She was not in a great position for delivery, not face down or sunny side up, but sideways. My dr was absolutely amazing and help me push past the issue with my cervix and deliver my daughter vaginally at 7:58pm on Friday June 3rd. Makenna was 8lbs 3oz and 21.5 in long. HOLY COW!

No cuts, no tears, and just a lot of pain from a ridiculous pitocin drip and laying in awkward positions trying to get things moving. I still am having some back pain from the back labor I was having and from laying so weird trying to force one side of my cervix to dilate, but hope the soreness goes away soon.

I am so happy my little girl has arrived and even though my labor was a little crazy, everything turned out wonderfully and I got to go home quickly. My older daughter is loving having a little sister so far and I can honestly say that even though I was a little freaked to be a new mom again, things this time are much easier so far!
June 8th, 2011, 03:59 AM
Julie
She was sideways? So the doctor didn't know that before you started pushing or did she maybe switch positions right before you went into labor? It's wonderful that your doctor persevered and didn't just end up giving you a c-section, congratulations!!
June 8th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Super Mommy
I know it sounds weird and I don't even know how it all happened. From feeling everything she seemed head down ready to go and then when my labor stalled as bad as it did and my cervix dilated weird they knew something was up. Because the way her head was pressing, only one side of my cervix could dilate all the way. She was in a weird twisted position, not even sure how except that you could tell right after delivery by the shape of her head that she had a pretty tough time coming out. My doctor was amazing in helping push her through, boy did it hurt though! I couldn't be more happier with my Dr. at this point. I hadn't had an ultrasound since 34 weeks so there was no way of knowing really how she was sitting, except for feeling for her to make sure she was head down, which she was, just laying a little twisted and awkward apparently.
June 11th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! That's so crazy she could only make half of your cervix dilate in that position... I'm happy your doc helped you to get a vaginal birth though! It's awesome when everyone works with you.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

June 11th, 2011, 05:52 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! I cant believe she was sideways. But good job to you and the doctor!! She is just beautiful

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

June 12th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Petuniababoon's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh wow, what a crazy labor! So glad you were able to have her vaginally though. Congratulations!

Sara

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search