Claire Eleanor's birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2011, 05:59 PM
lil_fishy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, this will probably be a long one....

So on 6/9 at 1:40 my water broke. It was like a rain storm and the lady in L&D actually joked with me about the socks test... basically that if you were wet to your socks, it was my bag of waters. Yeah I changed into new clothes, put on a extra duty pad and still managed to drip it all down my legs and all over the triage floor... fun times.

So we are waiting in triage and the nurse check me. I am at 1.5 cm and 60%, so no change and she can't feel the baby. She was apparently very high and she suspected she was breech. We are admitted and wait for an ultrasound to confirm her as head down. As this is going on the Dr on call is telling me that since I haven't started contracting, they could start cytotec or pitocen... I may have given her a look of death for even suggesting the cytotec. So after long discussion, she lets me wait to see if contractions start until about 5am, and at that point, I get the pitocen. I'm not really sure when the contractions start, but they do and I am so ready to get through them... while being confined to bed because she was sooo high, they were worried about cord prolapse. At about 11, the u/s tech gets there to check her position and she is sunny side, high and head down. Not good, but still workable. I get a little excited that there is hope. Soo we chug right along with the pitocen and I am making slow process. I had wanted a ncb, so I was fending off everything they offered until I couldn't take it any more. At 4 cm, I got some fentoynel (sp), which helped but the contractions were coming stronger and the back labor was trying to kill me. I went from 4 to 7 in an hour and 1/2 so there were lots of positive vibes. Once the fentynol wore off, I spent an hour laboring and thought, this can't hurt any worse, so I must be at 10. When she checked me, I was still at 7 and decided I was going to get the epidural. We get that set and I eventually get to complete at 1:30am. Since Claire is still not engaged at all, they let me labor down for a couple hours. This is where time gets fuzzy for me. A few hours later, the nurse lets me try some pushes to see if we can get her moving. I pushed for somewhere between 2-3.5 hours. My husband said it was the longer one, but I can't remember. We get nowhere. At 6:30am, the Dr says he would like me to have a c-section. I won't lie, I cried. I was so exhaused and just wanted her to be safe and here. So they loaded my epidural, put DH in scrubs and got me moving. Claire was born on June 10th at 7:05am, weighing 7lb 8oz, 22 inches long. She is so beautiful! She even scored a 9 on her apgar! Claire is apparently cluster feeding right now, so when she is up for nursing, she is awesome at it. She latched right away after the c-section.

Although my birthing experience was nothing like I wanted or planned, I am happy with it. I had pretty much every intervention and the Drs and nurses let me call all of the shots. They have taken excellent care of all of us and I am so grateful. Hopefully child number 2 will be a vbac

June 11th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Julie
Sounds like an exhausting ordeal you had to go through, but also totally worth it, of course! Claire Eleanor is a beautiful name, hope to see some pics if you have time
June 11th, 2011, 06:56 PM
PennyLane1121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for sharing I'm sorry it didn't turn out picturesque but at the same time you have a healthy, perfect little girl. I'm glad you are happy Congrats!!!

June 11th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Super Mommy
Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures!
June 11th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Showbiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for sharing! As someone who pushed over 4 hours with both of my previous babies (unsuccessfully), I fully understand how utterly exhausted you must have been. It's got to be worse than running a marathon. You tried hard, and that's all you can do. Congrats!

June 11th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Petuniababoon's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sorry it didn't go the way you planned, but so happy for you that you have your healthy little girl! Congratulations!

Sara

June 24th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish it could have been all you dreamed it to be. I felt robbed of my birth as well. Awesome that she scored high on her apgars and latched right away!! I'm glad you got to make decisions despite all that was going on.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search