Taj Alan Pierre's Birthstory

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Super Mommy
Ok ladies... I know I've been MIA for a whillllleeeeee... I moved, and dont have internet, and I also gave birth to my bebe

Taj Alan Pierre was born at 11:01pm on June 6th, 2011.

These are the events leading up to his birth.

So June 6th started out as any other day, although it wasn't. That was the day of David's LSAT exam. YIKES! I got up, feeling good, and made a nice breakfast, french toast, eggs and bacon. That was about 10:00... 11:45 rolls around and it was time to take David to the place where he was to take the exam. My mom had made plans to come up, and take me to Wally World to grab some organizational things in preparation for the bebe.
I got to my house a little after 12. My mom was there waiting, but I wanted to grab something to drink and straighten up the house a bit before we left. My mom had brought up Taj's mattress for his crib so we decided to put it in before we did anything else. Right afterward, I had to use the bathroom. I sat down, pee'd and thought I felt something funny...like a bubble. I was like EH and just kept moving. I hadn't put any underwear on, so I thought it would be a good time to do so because of all of the late pregnancy "stuff" that was present down yonder. I went to the kitchen where my mom and I proceeded to load the dishwasher, clean the counters, and change the trash. I stood there for a few minutes talking to my mom when I felt this gush. I was perplexed for a minute and thought "hmm... did I just piss myself?" NO ****** WAY! I rushed to the bathroom, sat down and began to examine the situation. "....It doesnt smell like pee... and I know the sensation I have when I pee... MOM!! I think my water broke" is exactly how it all started. My underwear was soaked... so we decided to call the doctors office. The lady asked me if anymore was coming out... I told her I didnt know... and she said to put on new underwear and call them back. So I did that and then sat down on the toilet where a new gush happened. I called my mom in the bathroom and told her while the liquid was flowing out of me "I'm NOT PEEING!" We called the office back and they told us to come in!
Around 1:20ish, we got to the office and the doc checked me... I was 2-3 cm dilated. She then told us to head to labor and delivery. All I could think was "holy shmoly, I'm having my kid!!" Of course, I was freaking out because David was in the LSAT exam and had NO idea what was going on!
We headed to L&D where they set me up, and began the labor process.... I received pitocin around 4ish to get things moving since my water had broken but I wasn't having contractions... I started getting little conractions around 445 to 5 or so. Didnt start reaaaalllyyy feeling them until 6 ish...By then I got a phone call from David asking me to pick him up... WELP...."Guess where I am?" "Where?" "Im in Labor and Delivery, we're having our kid today" "WHAT?" "Yeah, my water broke around 1 and we're here, and he's coming" "Ok, I'll walk there!"
David got there, and labor continued to get progressively more painful, and I decided I wanted some Nubain (not sure on spelling) to ease the contractions. I was joking and having fun between contractions and things were going great. I didn't labor in all of the ways I wanted because baby's heart rate was getting funny, so I needed to be monitored, and my labor was progressing way fast. At 8 cm, with horrible contractions, the doc checked me. OUCCCCHHHHHHHHHH... that hurt sooo bad, and I decided then, that I was going to have an epidural. I felt like such a failure because I wanted soooo badly not to get one!! But the way it felt with her hand going in, it would feel way worse for him to come out!! So at 8cm and with horrible contractions, I got the epidural, and thought OMG hurry up and get this **** thing over with! The epidural was awful!! and to make matters worse, it only worked on my right side. the left side was completely epi free! Within 20 min, I was at 10 cm and apparently told the nurses "I feel like I need to take a ****!!" (I have no recollection of this phrase coming out of my mouth) and the pushing proceeded...
I'm not sure how long I pushed for but before I knew it, they were using the forceps on me and saying if they didnt get the baby out, it was going to be a c-section... I pushed with everything I had, and at 11:01pm, weighing 4lbs 3.5 oz and 17 in. long, my amazing blessing came into this world

Here's the love of my life snuggled on my chest as I type this

We had to stay in the hospital an extra 4 days while Taj gained weight and had to be under phototherapy lights for his jaundice.
Overall, everything went very well, and my baby is healthy and growing strong. As of a week ago, he was already almost an ounce over his birthweight... and that was just a week old!!
I love him more than I could ever find the words to express. I feel so blessed.. blessed that he's mine, and blessed that I'm his.

June 19th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He is adorable!

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

June 19th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!! Welcome adorable little Taj!
June 19th, 2011, 01:22 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
What a wonderful story and such a handsome lil man!!!!!!! So glad he is doing so amazingly well!!!!!!!!!

June 19th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Super Mommy
awww, hes so cute congrats momma!!!!

Elizabeth

Emily
June 19th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Super Mommy
Congratulations! He's adorable. I'm glad you are both doing well.

June 19th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Congrats!! what a beautiful birthstory!! hes soo cute!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
June 19th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Veteran
What a precious babY! Congrats!

Jace Clayton 6.29.11
Jacoby Joseph 7.6.09

June 19th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Keepin' it real!
He's so cute!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??
June 19th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
Congratulations,he is so sweet!!

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

June 19th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Congratulations! He looks so adorable and content in that picture!

And you need to change your blinkies, lol. You're not pregnant any more!

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
June 19th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Great birth story! I'm so glad your mom was there with you when your water broke!! Taj is a SWEETIE! Congratulations!

June 19th, 2011, 09:37 PM
.t.e.r.r.a.'s Avatar Proud to be a WAHM
Great birth story! Taj is adorable, congrats mama!
June 19th, 2011, 09:47 PM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
loved reading ur birth story..!!! and taj looks soo handsome..!!!
cograts once a gain to u and david..!!!

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

June 26th, 2011, 06:42 PM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
OMG you absolutely crack me up.

He is so handsome! Congrats, Kera!!

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
June 28th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Veteran
Congrats on your baby boy!! He is so precious!

July 1st, 2011, 09:26 PM
Congratulations He is so cute.
July 4th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Sour Amaretto's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sour Amaretto
congrats he is sooooo precious

Wife to: J
Mommy to:
Minion 1 2*3*05
Minion 2 6*3*08
Minion 3 7*22*11
Minion 4 7*30*12