Zion's entrance to a new world!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2011, 07:53 AM
*Mrs.ToyaJae*'s Avatar Super Mommy
I was going to wait until I got home. But it's boring here in this hospital and I'm ready to go home. So while the nurses aren't bothering me I'll go ahead and write up Zion's birth story.

Wednesday morning I woke up and remember feeling so tired. I hadn't slept in practically two NIGHTS! I had just fallen asleep probably an hour or so before I was woken up by Jamel and Leroy making major noise in the living room. My eyes flickered open to the bright light beaming into the bedroom, I turn over to toss the covers over my head, and then Leroy walks in..."I'm leaving for work." I just stare at him like he's crazy. "Are you okay?" He asks. I just nod my head and try to ignore the fact that I'm beyond tired and him and Jamel were running through my living room like they were crazy. I get up an start moving around the room. I notice I'm having (what I kept calling) Braxton-Hicks contractions. I'm immediately annoyed because I'm tired and now here goes this POINTLESS contracting again.

After grumbling to myself I went into the living room, looked around at the mess, decided not to clean up and plopped down on my couch to watch previously DVR'd shows. So, as I'm laying there and Jamel is running around looking crazy, I'm having contractions, the house is a mess and I'm annoyed. Finally I give up on watching tv, I get Jamel dressed and then get myself dressed and we left to go to K-mart. As I'm walking around I realize the contractions get a little more constant. I'm like hmm...interesting. I walked around for a while saw nothing I liked so we left and went to Wal-mart where I ended up buy more stuff for Zion !!! Now, I'm tired and HUNGRY!!! Let's mention my Braxton Hicks are picking up and I'm starting to feel exhausted. I figured I'm just doing too much and I needed to get something to drink. It was nearly 102 degrees outside and It was barely 12:00 and the air in my car is BROKE!!! So I'm like yeah, it's time to go Jamel. So I walk all the way down to lawn and garden to check out because there were only 3 lines open in the whole store which were taken up and I realize the 4th of July is soon and people are preparing themselves for it. So, doing what I think is the smart thing since I parked closer to the Lawn and Garden anyway thats where I go check out. The cashier is sooooo sloooooowwwwww! He took nearly 20min. to check me out when I only had like 4 or 5 items. So I'm hot, tired and suddenly I start feeling nauseous, I'm starting to see stars...I get light-headed and my surroundings begin to WHITE out. He's telling me my total and I'm slumped over the counter feeling HORRIBLE...he doesn't even have the courteousness to ask if I'm okay or if I need anything. Somehow I manage to give him the money, take my things, and drive me and Jamel back home. I fixed us some lunch and laid back down on the couch, Jamel laid on the love sofa and we fell asleep. It took me longer than him because I was still having those annoying BH.

I wake up around 4:00 and go to the bathroom. I wipe and massive amounts of brown discharge is on the toilet tissue. Okayyyy...I pass it off and go normal...maybe it's the rest of my mucous plug. I go back to the living room and suddenly I have to have a BM. I go do my business and it's mucous plug and all kinds of things on the TP So I called my Clinic and the nurse tells me to go to the hospital. I take a shower, get out and call Leroy. He rushes home like I'm in full blown LABOR. I'm like calm down, she just wants me to go get checked out. Suddenly as I'm getting in the car I'm getting hit with what no longer feels like BH. I'm like hmmm, maybe I should be going to the hospital, because I had told him I was going to wait until later on that night if the BH didn't stop.

Well we take our little 15-20min drive to the hospital, I'm contracting pretty normally, nothing painful. Until we had to walk through the hospital, up to the fourth floor then around to THREE different registration desks as things have changed since I delivered here with Jamel...grrr. Now I'm like really contracting and I can't function I even forgot to sign my name on some registration forms I just put the date and time...lol the lady was like "ma'am I need your name, DOB, and reason for being here." I'm like isn't my reason RECOGNIZABLE." So I'm in Triage getting monitored...My first check I was 3cm....when my Dr. Came she checked me not even 45 minutes later and told me I was a 5. I was like wow...that fast? So I got admitted and walked over to the other side...gosh all this walking.

So, DH is on the phone texting and calling everybody. My sister, my cousin's wife, my friend and my mom was there. I wasn't contracting closely they stayed about 10-15 minutes apart. They grew in intensity but never closer together. I eventually fell asleep a few times. I was checked ONCE all night and told I only progressed to a 6 and that if I wanted something I needed it now. I told her now and just forced myself back to sleep thinking I'd be fine since I was moving so slow and that my dr. would be back at 7. So it's about 8am or a little after I wake up in extreme pain and I'm like get her in here...and my dr. walks in with her and they check me and he goes...I'm sorry you can't have anything your 8cm! unless you want an epidural....immediately I start crying and my mom jumps up rushes over to the bed and Leroy wakes up from the pull out bed in corner asking whats wrong and the dr. explained I wasn't allowed any medicine in my IV. and my mom just rubbed my back and the dr left. He came back in like 5min and told me he was going to start pitocin. I just started crying again because I was in EXTREME pain and I knew it was about to get worse. However, he sympathized and gave me Nubain in my IV line and told me he'd be back in two hours to start the pitocin instead. So the Nubain did NOTHING for my pain. All it did was make me dizzy, tingle all over real nicely, and make me drowsy. It was like an hour later when it wore COMPLETELY off and he comes walking in with his nurse and they start the Pitocin. I just knew I was in for it, because now I have NOTHING to help me with pain. *sighs* she started me off at a 7....7!!! he didn't want to give me low doses...so Labor picked up and was horrible. He broke my water and I moved fast after that. Suddenly I needed to push and I was like call dr. O back in here NOW!!! and his nurse was like he's coming he's on his skates! I thought she was joking until I realized he actually had Heely's on... go figure!! lol They set up everything and I'm being forced not to push. Finally after they prep me and he sits on his stool I'm like "can I push please!!!" I'm begging at this point and he's like "Sure, do you remember?" In his african accent and I just pushed, one time and his head was out...twice his shoulders...three times and he was out....YES!!!

He was crying and I was smiling...suddenly the room got quiet but I didn't realize what was going on because I was so busy smiling and listening to Dr. O tell me about how he needed to give me two stitches and I'm like yeah yeah...then I realize Leroy was leaning against the wall praying and my mom had this HORRIFIC look on her face with her mouth covered and the nurses were surrounding Zion and one was trying to pump him with oxygen and thats when I realized he wasn't crying anymore and I was like "What's wrong...what happened?" and NO ONE would answer me...I was like OMG....WHAT THE HECK IS GOIN ON OVER THERE. I wanted to get up and see but he was stitching me and I was bleeding all over the place, but I just wanted to know what was going on. The nurses kept saying. "Come on little man, stop scaring us...BREATHE...wake up baby...BREATHE." I was like oh my God don't do this to me today. Finally he starts crying again and keeps crying...they brought him to me for a short second then rushed him off to NICU. But he was okay, he wasn't there long before he was transferred to the regular nursery.

He was weighed and he was 7lbs and 9oz at birth and he was 19in and 3/4 long. We cannot wait to go home! =)

My. Two. FAVORITE. Little. Men.

June 25th, 2011, 02:49 PM
ashleyj88's Avatar Evelyn's Mommy
How scary! I'm so glad everything is okay and he wasn't in the NICU long!

June 25th, 2011, 03:27 PM
it was scary, and to have everyone ignore me when I kept asking what was wrong was the most frustrating thing in the whole world. I'm just glad we're all home and it's over. =)

June 25th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Julie
Puzzling that you were at 8cm and they wanted to give you pitocin-I'd be like "I'm progressing-get that pitocin away from me!" LOL...you are one brave lady, kudos to you! Congrats!!
June 25th, 2011, 03:40 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that's scary. Glad Zion is ok now. Did they tell you what happened?

LOL at the dr on heelies.
June 25th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I ditto the 8cm pit thing! It was nice they caves and gave you some IV meds even though they weren't supposed to. I'm glad the pushing was easy but how scary when he wasn't breathing yet! I would have been mad about being ignored, too. Like I'm not having a hard enough time here without you not responding to me?!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

June 26th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Ladies, I didn't understand the whole pitocin thing either at 8cm...but they said that he was stressed out...I would be too...with the pitocin at 8cm and she started me off at 7 and turned it up like 30min later. I have NO idea why he was trying to rush me into delivery. But yeah, the heelie incident was funny!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search