Isabella's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
On June 18, i had my big babyshower with friends..i had been contracting all day but didnt think anything of it..stuck on bedrest swollen was all i was thinking of..Sunday came and i was getting a little more regular..i didnt want to really call it labor only to go in and find out it wasnt! So sunday night i started getting a pain in my left side..i thought it was just Bella's foot stuck in my ribs..i couldnt lay on my left so i slept on my right thinking it would help..nope! woke up Monday feeling kinda weird..no appetite nothing..i just drank water and laid in bed..like a good girl! Around 1145 am i was talking to my sister. I had to hang up really quick because i felt nauseous and i ended up throwing up! i called her back and didnt think anything of it..she told me it was normal to feel odd at this point. Thats when i got the worlds biggest freakin contraction! I thought i was going to die! i told her i was having one and she just kept talking when all of a sudden i said OH MY GOSH! she knew instantly and said "YOUR WATER BROKE" i was like i dont know..i think maybe im sick and im pooping myself i couldnt see..it was really hard to roll over and it felt like thats what i was doing..i know im crazy..lol! Well then a few seconds later it hit me that thats what it was! She let me go to call my mom while i called hubby (at work) I told his work what was going on and he was home in a quick minute!
I had Bella's bag packed but not ours! I was hobbling around on one leg unable to even get dressed trying to pack our bag! It was soo crazy! I have no idea what i even put in that bag!! HAHA! So my water just kept coming..i kept trying to sit on the toilet thinking that it would stop it never did! We left the house calling all of our neigbors to help with the dogs and things around the house! While i sat in our vehicle with my water still coming out and contracting like crazy!
We made it to the hospital and i had to go in the ER entrance to get to l&d b/c i couldnt walk. They wheeled me up there and at this point my water was STILL going! They didnt even get my weight or anything..they put me in a room and i was STILL leaking! Finally when they got me all dressed and laid down it stopped! they hooked up the all the things they needed and thats when i was checked..i was at 5cm. So i was okay trying to push through the contractions while they did all the paper work and what not. Then they really started to get intense..i was at a 6 when i got the epi. i couldnt take it anymore. I ended up throwing up again so by this time i had absolutely nothing left in my system. I felt like crap b/c of that. It was about 1230 when i was admitted and by 430 i was already at a 10 and ready to push! I ended up pushing about 2.5 hours when they decided i needed forceps or it was a c-section. I was soo upset but let them use the forceps. I tore severlely. I was in soo much pain i asked for something..b/c the epi never fully worked. They ended up giving me stadol (sp?) it was horrible. I felt my eyes cross and was soo weak. I didnt know what was going on but i remember them telling me to relax and holding Bella so she could breastfeed for me b/c i couldnt do it! She was born at 629 pm on June 20, 2011, weighing a whopping 9lbs 4oz. 20 in. long. Tons of hair!

At about 1am i was finally admitted to my room. I still could not sit up. I would get really weak and dizzy. So they tested my hemo levels. I had lost wayy too much blood. I ended up needing a 2 bags of blood transferred. I was white as a ghost and couldnt get up for anything. I was not able to get out of bed until it was almost time to go home. Even then i was still not quite right but i felt well enough to go home. We had a time trying to learn breastfeeding and that was really upsetting for me. So all in all..it was tough for both of us. We made it through and i would do it again in a heartbeat! She is everything to me and after all the waiting for our precious baby she is finally here and i thank God everyday! I love her soo much. i never knew someone could mean soo much. I know im truly blessed!
June 28th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, what a whirlwind! Lol at you thinking you pooped yourself. So glad she is here and is healthy, even if it was a tough labor. Congrats!

10 weeks

June 28th, 2011, 10:27 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
Wow, im sorry about all the bad things.... but you have one ADORABLE lil lady now!

How are you healing?

June 28th, 2011, 10:34 PM
.t.e.r.r.a.'s Avatar Proud to be a WAHM
Wow hun you went through a lot, great story! Isn't that crazy how much water is in there!? When my water broke with Haydon it was the same thing, just kept coming and coming, I even asked the nurse if it was normal, and she said yes because amniotic fluid is constantley being re-made, lol.
June 28th, 2011, 11:35 PM
jbrezy's Avatar Jessi
wow Jessie... crazy story but isnt it all worth it? she is amazing!

Thank you Tasha_mae for my amazing siggy!

June 29th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Veteran
Sorry for your experience but she is here and healthy! Enjoy your baby girl!

June 29th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Jade27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so much for sharing your story!
June 29th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Holy moly! I figured you'd wouldn't lose more fluid when standing because the baby's head would block the opening. Guess not! What a birth story!! I bow down to you for pushing out a 9lb 4oz baby!! I can't even imagine! Congratulations, Jessie. She is just a doll!

June 29th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Thank you all! She is such a blessing..soo worth it..i would do it again in a heartbeat!! I love her soo much i cant even express it!! Shes my chunky lil monkey!!
June 29th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
Sounds like a wild ride for sure.So very glad you both are doing well.Congratulations!!!

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

July 4th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Sour Amaretto's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sour Amaretto
That is a tough birth!! Glad you both ended up being fine, hope you've been resting and enjoying her, shes beautiful!! How are you feeling now Jessie?

Wife to: J
Mommy to:
Minion 1 2*3*05
Minion 2 6*3*08
Minion 3 7*22*11
Minion 4 7*30*12
Minion 5 due 9/20/13
July 10th, 2011, 09:18 PM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
wow, what a crazy delivery! i am so glad that your baby girl is here safe and sound and that you are fine too!

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
July 13th, 2011, 05:48 PM
thank you ladies!

Kelly-im getting there..still healing but im getting there! thanks for asking!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search