Adele's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Veteran
Adele Clark was born on June 26, 2011 at 8:59 pm. She was 5lbs. 9ozs, and 18" long. She was born at 37 weeks, 4 days.

Sometime last weekend, my water started leaking. It took me a while to figure out that my water was leaking, and I wasn't just peeing myself. I had a suspicion it was my water as early as Saturday, but we had visitors and it was my 11th anniversary, so I just kept waiting for contractions to start, hoping to make it through our big dinner at Ruth's Chris.

By Sunday, after our company left, I was ready to go to the hospital, because I could see clear fluid dripping. I took a shower and got a nap, then called my neighbors to watch my older two kids. We got to L&D around 4:30pm. I was brought back to triage. The monitors showed no remarkable contractions, but the fluid swab turned blue right away, meaning my water had broke. I was still 4+ cm dilated and 80% effaced at a -2 station (same as my appointment on Thursday). I was moved to a room and instructed to walk the halls until my OB arrived at 7pm. We walked loops around L&D. I felt no contractions at all. They gave me a hep lock and agreed not to start an IV unless I needed pain meds. My OB checked me at 7pm and I was making progress, even without feeling anything. I progressed to 5+ cm, 100% effaced and a -1 station. My OB wanted to start pitocin, but I asked that she just finish breaking my water. She tried to break my water, but noting ever gushed.

I did 2 more laps around L&D and hit really hard labor. I couldn't walk and contractions were coming every 3 minutes. We settled into my room and my husband rubbed my back during contractions. I asked the nurse if I could have some pain medication. I didn't want an epidural, but I was okay with IV pain meds. She called my OB back to check and make sure it was still okay. By 7:30, I was still at 5cm, but baby was at a +2 station. They managed to give me about 1/4 a dose of stadol by 8:30 pm. It did nothing for the pain. I told the nurse that my butt hurt. She said she had to check me to see if she could continue with the pain meds. Turns out I was already at 10cm, and pain meds were out of the question.

I never felt the urge to push. I pleaded with the nurse and OB and told them I could not lay on my back and push. My OB turned to me and asked, "Then how are we going to deliver this baby? Pick a position" I opted to kneel, holding onto the top of the raised bed. I found some strength to try to start pushing. I pushed once and I could feel my little girls head being born. Half a push more, and her shoulders came out at 8:59pm. She landed on the bed before the nurse or OB had gloves or gowns on. I picked her up, and pulled her to my chest. She pinked up right away and started nursing like a champ! We had a full hour of skin to skin contact before they did anything with her. I needed 2 stitches, but nothing even close to what I needed after delivering my 8lb. 6oz. son!

We spent 24 hours in L&D after she was born. Because of her small size, she was in a warmer in the room for a bit and had to have her glucose checked before every feeding. I was so happy to be released early, even if the hospital did have room service and some other pretty nice perks.

We changed our mind on her name at the last minute. We opted to give our little girl her Uncle's middle name since they share a birthday!

We're adjusting very well to having a new baby at home. I'm still trying to finish up my nursery!

Here are a few pictures:

June 29th, 2011, 04:17 AM
ppeacocks's Avatar Traci
thanks for sharing...she is so stinkin cute!!! congrats!!!
taryn (4)
travis august 4th
http://www.facebook.com/xtmacx
June 29th, 2011, 04:55 AM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
Such a sweet girl. It sounds like you had a pretty easy labor. I bet you are very thankful for that. Thanks for the update.

June 29th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Veteran

June 29th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Jade27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations, I love the hat!!
June 29th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
congratulations!

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

June 29th, 2011, 05:57 AM
~Justine~'s Avatar Super Mommy
awwww she is so sweet!!!!!! Sounds like an easy labor and a great result.

Congrats mama!

Thank you to Mistyx6 for my siggy!

June 29th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Such beautiful photos- what a gorgeous little girl. I love her name! Congratulations, mama!!

Thank you CupcakeJamie for my beautiful siggy!

June 29th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Super Mommy
Wow, she is beautiful. Congrats to you and your family!
June 29th, 2011, 09:46 AM
cutepiem1's Avatar Veteran
Great birth story! She's so cute
June 29th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Congratulations! Those photos are adorable, and I love her pink hat! I'm so glad to hear that your labor went so smoothly.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
July 1st, 2011, 09:27 PM
Congratulations! She is so pretty
July 2nd, 2011, 09:31 AM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
So gorgeous,thank you for sharing and Congrats!!

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

July 2nd, 2011, 09:07 PM
.t.e.r.r.a.'s Avatar Proud to be a WAHM
aww, she's beautiful! Sounds like a wonderful birth experience!
July 10th, 2011, 08:15 PM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
congrats - what a beautiful baby girl!

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
July 16th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Sour Amaretto's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sour Amaretto
Such a pretty girl and I a beautiful name!!

Wife to: J
Mommy to:
Minion 1 2*3*05
Minion 2 6*3*08
Minion 3 7*22*11
Minion 4 7*30*12
Minion 5 due 9/20/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search