Brooke Shay Rose ( long)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HippyMomOf4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So on Thursday the 2nd of June I went to the Obs for my 39 wk check up . I had them do a really good membrane sweep . I was 3 cm and 60 % thinned.

I got home and started to loose my mucus plug and was feeling contractions. They weren't to strong yet so I told my dh that if he wanted to go to Red Lobster that we should go now cause I was thinking it was baby time. So we went to dinner at 5 is pm and by the time we were done eating I was contracting every 7-10 mins .

I gave the boys a bath and got them tucked into bed. The contractions slowed down some so I decided to go to bed around 12 am . I couldn't get comfy in bed so I took a bath and then bounced on the birthing ball some. I layed down at 2 am at last and slept in between the contractions .

At 4 am I finally got dh up and told him I couldn't just lay in bed any more .He got up with me and I was having a ton of pressure so I had to sit on the potty through the contractions . I got on the birthing ball and we decided it was time to get dressed and ready to go to the hospital at 4:30 when my contraction were 4 mins apart.

So it was about 5:45 am when we left the house and I was contracting every 2 mins and I was so worried about the traffic . We got to the hospital at 6:15a, and they didn't take me back till about 6:30am

I told them that I had a very rapid labor last time so they checked me as soon as I was in the room , I was 4 cm and still 60% I was like great this is gonna be a long day lol They wanted to do the 20 mins of monitoring . Baby girl was moving around a ton and wouldn't work with them at all .

I have no idea of time from this point until I had her so forgive me for that .

I was in a ton of pain and I wanted to be out of the bed but the still wanted a strip of her heart rate. I was not a nice lady at this point. I made it clear that I was having a natural labor and did not want any drugs. In walks in this nurse and is like I have pain meds for you , its just nubain (SP) I almost slapped this lady lol I said no THANK YOU I dont want any drugs and please do not offer them to me again . I vomited once and they checked me and I was 6 cm and 80% thinned out , I think this was about an hour after they first checked me .

They finally said I could get a delivery room and I got up and walked down the way to my room . I had 1 nurse and 1 training nurse. They both seemed very nice but were of no use to me in the end.

I did get a midwife and she was wonderful . I asked them to check me again cause I was feeling the need to push. I was 8 cm and 100% thinned . My bag of water was bulging and they wanted to break it . I told them no . I got new midwife at this point . They were still having a hard time getting baby on the monitor cuase she was moiving everywhere. The stupid nurse decided to put not on e, not two but THREE belts on the heart rate monitor to try and hold it in place. I almost killed someone because of the pain it was causing on top of the fact that they wouldnt let me out of the stupid bed. I wanted to walk or at least just stand and sway with the contractions.

I was loosing my grip and I told them to take the sh** off me ! The midwife came in and was like what is this ! Take this off her now! They tied them in a very tight knot and had a hard time getting them loose. My dh was yelling at them at this point.

I told the midwife that either I had to push and get the baby out or they had to let me up. SO she checked again and said that I was still 8 -9 cm but was super stretchy and she thought if she broke my water that it would go away . I agreed at last and she broke it . It was super strong and she had to hook it 3 times to get it to break all the way.

We waiting about 5 mins and my cervix was still in the way so she said she was just going to keep her hand up there while I pushed and just push it back around the babys head.

I pushed about 10 mins and out she came ! There was a cord but it was loose , she was able to just slip it over her head. They layed my sweet lil girl on my belly and I got to rub her head and back . She was a cheesy baby as the say 4 hrs of active labor and I was only in the hospital for 2hrs of it praise the lord!

Brooke Shay Rose Adolph was born
6/3/2011
at 8:43 am

she weighed
8 lbs 5 oz

20 5/8 in long.

14 in head.

She was worth the 4 long yrs of ttc .

I told dh that if we ever have another one that I will be doing it at home and never going to a hospital again .

If you made it through to the end I give you a big HUG and Thank you <3

June 29th, 2011, 06:29 PM
PennyLane1121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful! I love love love her name <3

June 29th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Julie
Wonderful! Really awful that a nurse just walked in assuming you would take the Nubain (sp) just because she was offering it. Seems very pushy, but I'm glad you were able to get the ncb you wanted, congrats!
August 4th, 2011, 03:11 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irshtripletsmommy View Post
Wonderful! Really awful that a nurse just walked in assuming you would take the Nubain (sp) just because she was offering it. Seems very pushy, but I'm glad you were able to get the ncb you wanted, congrats!
And the nonsense with the belts? Sheesh. I'm glad the midwives stuck it through with ya and helped you fight the nurses.

I will be doing a homebirth or birthing center (preferably home) next time, too. Hospital experience freaked me the F out. I hope we both get what we want.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

November 7th, 2011, 03:50 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Just noticed you posted this....I'm so glad you got your natural birth and especially in a hospital setting. Congrats again on your baby girl!
mikiesmom04 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search