a baby story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2011, 07:21 AM
Super Mommy
hi ladies,
well they are sending me home sometime today, i can hang around here in the room as long as i want but i have to leave today because i haven't had a fever since the day i delivered they have no viable medical reason to keep me here. i commented to the doctor this morning that came in the room about 630 that im still in alot of pain with my belly/uterine area...as in taking 2 percocet every 4 hours doesn't always cut it it just makes me sleepy. he said they won't send me home with percocet because i had a normal vaginal delivery but they will give me ibuprofen which doesn't work for me so im asking to see the doc that delivered me and i'll talk to him because i really really hurt alot. he said that going through labor and pushing does a number to the tummy, which im sure it does but i can't even touch my stomach without it hurting so im not sure what to think.

kristopher is doing about the same, he's up to 2.8lbs, they started feeding him yesterday a little bit, donor breastmilk because im having trouble producing. he has jaundice so they have the special light and little eye mask on him. his echocardiogram came back good for being 0 days old when they did it. they are trying to wean him off the oxygen slowly and see if he can breathe on his own but he still needs alot of help with that so i don't want that happening unless the doctor is 100% comfortable doing that and she has told me since wednesday that she is not so we told them last night not to do that just yet. i had a pic of him with the little mask on but it didn't save on my phone and we aren't putting pics up on facebook yet until his big brothers meet him but i'm heading down to see him in an hour or so so i'll take a couple more and put them up here when i get back to the room. im probably going to stay here most of the day today so i'll be off and on here alot

Last edited by bowlingbabe6; July 1st, 2011 at 10:25 AM.
July 1st, 2011, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad to hear that things are steady for him. And hopefully he can come off the oxygen soon. And yay for gaining a couple of ounces!! I know you aren't ready/wanting to be discharged. Will you be able to visit him anytime you want there? Or do they have certain hours? Thank you for updating us and I can't wait to see more pics! Congrats, mama!

July 1st, 2011, 08:53 AM
Cwright's Avatar Super Mommy
So glad to hear he is improving! I'm sorry you're in pain, considering I've never been through labor I don't have any advice for you. Do they have Kristopher on CPAP or is he intubated? Keep us posted!!

Thank you Babydoll213 for my Siggy!

July 1st, 2011, 08:57 AM
bayhay's Avatar Veteran
Praying for you both!

July 1st, 2011, 09:02 AM
Super Mommy
daddy and i have access to him at all times, we can stay in his room overnight if we want to which we will take turns doing as theres only one couch. he's intubated. i can stay as long as i want up to midnight today if i want so im gonna stay throughout the day, a friend of ours had a preemie here and shes got a couple nurses that work in nicu coming to meet me today so we are gonna hang out today. plus i have family coming in and out and once im home..well we are staying at my mil's tonight and tomorrow night because we will have our other two boys so she can help us with them since i can barely move still. but im showering now and then going to see him so i'll bring back pictures!

Last edited by bowlingbabe6; July 1st, 2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: photo
July 1st, 2011, 09:05 AM
Cwright's Avatar Super Mommy
Yay for PICS!!! Can't wait to see them.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my Siggy!

July 1st, 2011, 10:26 AM
Super Mommy
added a pic to this mornings post..he's got his zorro mask on!
July 1st, 2011, 10:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Soo cute mama!!! Congrats!! I hope he's able to get off oxygen soon and start breathing on his own. Hope you start feeling some better also - HUGS!!!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
July 1st, 2011, 11:12 AM
singlesammy's Avatar Veteran
awwww he's beautiful! I can't wait until "zorro" is unveiled and we can see his precious face!
July 1st, 2011, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Have been wondering about you guys. I'm happy to read your update and yay for the couple ounce weight gain! It all counts!
I remember having to leave my last born in the ICU and how incredibly hard it was. I cried my eyes out. He only ended up staying a week but leaving was tough. (((hugs to you))). Just have comfort knowing that he is being taken care of in the best place possible for him.

Are you guys far from the hospital? Will you be able to go daily?
How did your SO react meeting your little guy for the first time?
July 1st, 2011, 01:51 PM
wwwmom2011's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
he is gorgeous!

I will keep praying for you guys!

July 1st, 2011, 06:35 PM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He is beautiful!

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
July 1st, 2011, 06:38 PM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
Sorry, just saw your update. He is so beautiful .

With Bradley's birth my belly hurt so bad from the days of straight contractions.. it took a good week before I coul sit and stan without assistance.. and I had vaginal birth. Id opted out of pain meds though.

I hope Kristopher continues doing well and you continue to heal. Will be searching for updates.

July 1st, 2011, 07:40 PM
robinmichele87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm praying!! I hope he continues to get stronger and stronger by the day. Thanks for the update and continue to let us know how he's doing when you have the chance. (But of course, rest rest rest!!). Congrats on your little man, mama!
July 1st, 2011, 08:57 PM
hippie hugs's Avatar Proud Mama to a Preemie
Look at that gorgeous little boy.

Thank you Claire1979 for the amazing siggy!

July 1st, 2011, 09:01 PM
Super Mommy
Stronger and stronger day by day. Thinking of you all.
July 2nd, 2011, 06:36 PM
*~Lulu'sMommy~*'s Avatar Lexi's Mommy!
He's beautiful!! Congrats momma! Prayers going out for some good weight gain and strong lungs!!

July 2nd, 2011, 06:56 PM
ssherices's Avatar Super Mommy
He looks so gorgeous and strong! I am praying for a quick and full recovery for both of you.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
July 31st, 2011, 11:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to beesgirl
Congrats on your little one. I hope he continues to do well and that your tummy feels better soon!
August 28th, 2011, 11:20 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
What a precious boy he was.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search