Tatiana's story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2011, 06:31 PM
Veteran
At around 12:15am on June 20th I was woken up by contractions. They hurt, but were managable and still about 10 minutes apart. I kept timing them and took a couple baths which helped as they got stronger. Eventually around 4 or so DH said to go to the living room and watch TV and try to relax, so I did. When I went to the bathroom and wiped I saw a little bit of blood, around 5 or 6 something, the contractions were anywhere between 5 and 10 minutes apart so I called to see if I should go in. I never got a call back from the on call doctor so I headed in after an hour of waiting for the call.

When I got to the hospital around 7 I was strapped with the contraction and baby heart rate things. They also checked me, I was only at 3 cm and they told me we would wait an hour and see what happens. After an hour I was still 3 cm, 75% effaced and -2 so they sent me home, even though the contractions were really starting to hurt.

I had my 40 week appointment that morning at 9:30, so I went in for that. My doctor said I was 4 cm at that time, she could feel my bag of waters bulging, I was going to have a baby that day! (Like I couldn't figure that out lol) So she told me to go home and time my contractions, if they ever got 5 minutes apart for an hour, or my water broke, or the contractions got too unbearable I was to go back to the hospital.

At home the contractions got worse and worse, but no closer than about 6 or 7 minutes. I was yelling so loud when they did hit me that I knew the neighbors could hear me outside, but I didn't care lol. Finally around 4:30-5:00 we went back to labor and delivery. When they checked me I was at 5cm, so they admitted me. The first thing I asked for was my epi lol. Around 6, I finally had my epi in (after a few tries, since apparently my spine has a curve in it) and I was on cloud 9 lol.

Around 8-8:30 I started to feel the pressure and a little pain from the contractions again, so the anesthisiologist(sp?) came back and gave me a shot of something stronger in my catheter. Back on cloud 9

At 9 my nurse checked me again and I was 9 1/2cm, just a little cervix on the top left. Also, my water hadn't broken yet, and my nurse had already told me that they don't break it. A couple minutes later while the nurse was typing something on the computer next to me, I told her that I was feeling pressure again from the contraction I was having. Then when it was over I told her my water broke, I felt the gush all over me lol. She checked and yup it had broken, it was clear at this point.

The on call doctor showed up maybe around 9:30 and had me push to get the baby down further. After 1 push she said "wait! we need to get ready!" lol apparently i'm a good pusher. They got all set up and 3 pushes later Tatiana Marie was born at 10:06pm She weighed 8lbs and was 20in long, my smallest baby gave me the hardest labor (I felt like I was gonna die) and she also had the most hair (both of what the other 2 had combined lol).

July 2nd, 2011, 02:45 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! If this was your hardest labour, i'm curious to know how the others went!!!! lol
July 2nd, 2011, 11:14 AM
Veteran
My other 2 my water broke at 2cm and when I got to the hospital they gave me pitoocin. I got the epi shortly after cuz the contractions were so close together I didn't get a chance to relax. I didn't really feel strong ones like with this one. I felt like I was gonna die this time lol.

August 4th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did you deliver on your due date like Ashley? That would be pretty cool!

Hehe, way to go on the pushing! I'm glad everything went well after getting the epi!

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

August 5th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Julie
Great story! I would not have been happy if they sent me home with painful contractions and I was at 3cm! Were they really busy at the time perhaps? I love your little girl's name, so pretty.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search