Log In Sign Up

The arrival of Eriana

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 906
First of all i wouldn't suggest anyone who is having a planned c-section read this. I don't want to scare anyone. My story is terrifying, and maybe a little long lol.
We had to be at the hospital for 6:30. Wed. June 29th, 2011. My bb sitter met us outside of the hospital and we went in and they brought us to a room. She hooked me up to the monitors and then someone came in and did blood. She did the iv and DF left the room and I sent bbsitter with beth out and Em (dd-10) stayed and held my hand. The 1st try she hit a valve and I bled everywhere and she had to try again. The anastesiologist came in and talked for a bit and her student. The dr. came in and another surgeon just to go over risks etc. I kept looking at the clock. I was so nervous. The nurse had said that they would be coming at 7:45 for me. She came and gave DF the outfit to put on and took a picture of us together. She brought me in and he stayed in the hall. The anatesiologist was amazing and I will always remember her. The students name was Dani and she was also very helpful. The first try with the epi failed. I could feel the needle to the side of my spine and it felt so weird. The 2nd try worked and my feet went hot. She got me to lay down and they put the cathedar in and hooked me up to all the monitors. While I was laying there everyone was so busy and there were lots of people in there. My blood pressure dropped really low and my ears felt ringy and I felt like I was going to faint. She gave me medicine in my iv to get my bp back up. They brought DF in and I was so happy to see him. He was really good and the nurse asked him a couple of times if he was okay cause they knew he was really squemish. On our way to the hospital the song “push it” by salt and peppa was on and we were laughing about that. It felt like it was taking forever and she said that it was normal and that there was a lot of scar tissue from the past 2 sections. We had the camera and I kept telling df to get it ready and then the dr. said okay babys coming so he opened the case and the nurse took it to take pics for us. When she came out they said “it’s a girl” she’s a big girl. Then they took her to the table and assessed her. She wasn’t crying but she sneezed. Eventually she cried but it took a while for them to get her to cry. She was very relaxed and calm. I heard them talking about taking her to the nicu and I asked them why ( I was freaking out) but they said her tone was off (her being so relaxed). But she started screaming and they were happy. She had lots of hair and she was beautiful. DF and the nurse went with Eriana to the nursery to be weighed etc. The rest of the surgery was pure hell. The dr. told me that there was a lot of scar tissue and it was making things difficult. She said that things were fused together. I was bleeding a lot and they were having a hard time stitching everything up. It was awful because I could hear what they were saying and it was grosse. It was really hurting because the spinal only lasts 2 hrs and the surgery ended up being 3 ½ hrs. they were topping me off with iv meds but they weren’t really working and I was so scared. They were on the phone calling and cancelling other surgerys and calling for more meds and sponges etc. it was unbelievably scary. They wheeled me to recovery and df and baby came in after 15 minutes. The nurse gave me ice and it was so good. I was so happy to see the baby. She was beautiful. She was 8’6. I was shocked at her weight. She was screaming in the hall when they came in, it was so nice to hear her. While I was in recovery I breastfed her. They took me to my room and I was so sore. They couldn’t give me any real meds in case they had to go back in to surgery for bleeding so all I got was tylonol. They had put blue dye in my bladder to make sure they got all the leaks and so my bag was all blue and they kept checking to make sure I wasn’t bleeding. They were talking about giving me a blood transfusion and I was terrified. The babysitter brought in the girls and they were very happy to see me. They were very worried because the surgery was only supposed to be an hr and i was gone for over 3 hrs. Em gave me a hug but was super scared because I was in so much pain. The girls love her so much! I was in a lot of pain. I was having major gas pains from the surgery and also really bad contractions because they were giving me meds to get my uterus back to size. The next day they took out my cathedar and I got up to go the bathroom. It was awful. It hurt so bad. I cried getting back into bed. I told df I didn’t want to ever get up again and that I wasn’t going to have anything to drink so I wouldn’t have to pee lol. that night an 18 yr old chick smashed and wrote off df's car that was parked in front of our house it was one thing after another but everything was so worth it for my beauty Eriana <3. The 2 surgeons came and talked to me after i was in recovery and said no more babies for me i was planning on going back to school in sept. but i've changed my mind. I don't want to leave her at all especially knowing that she will be my last. I am going to cherish every single moment with her. I am now 8 days past surgery and still in a lot of pain because of the extent of the surgery, i am getting better every day but wow! what a journey I tell ya!



Reply With Quote
July 7th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Seattle area, Washington
Posts: 9,756
Oh, my gosh, what an ordeal! I am so glad to hear that everything turned out okay in the end. I hope that you can get some relief from the pain and that the rest of your recovery goes smoothly. We want to see more pictures of Eriana when you get the chance!

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
Reply With Quote
July 7th, 2011, 03:07 PM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,775
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
I'm so sorry you had such a hard time. Just make sure to relax and enjoy Eriana.

Reply With Quote
July 10th, 2011, 08:27 PM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 28,963
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
oh my goodness! what a scary experience - so glad that both you and your beautiful baby girl are fine!

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0